Wednesday, August 30, 2017

SUMMER HEAT... so much going on (Part 161k)

SUMMER HEAT… so much going on (Part 161k)

It took a stranger to bring some order to the group. I’d never seen the guy before and when he identified himself as the person who had donated the money for the renovated bathrooms he got a big cheer. That news quieted most of the group down. However, he didn’t stop there and went on to explain why there was a need to hire a person to oversee the junior program. He went on to ask a rhetorical question… “Did any of you know that if there had been an accident involving the junior sailing program the club would not have been protected?” The room was primarily silent but then a few spoke up to say that they knew the club had insurance. The man, now identified as Matt, said the insurance was purely a basic liability insurance. The fact that the club had paid minors (the instructors) without paid adult supervision precluded that insurance from being in force for the junior program. That brought a complete hush to the group. The shocker was when he told us that the members, as individuals, could be sued in such a situation.

Without going into the details he explained that he, as a corporate attorney dealing with insurance cases, had reviewed the club’s insurance and after a meeting of the elected club officers they made the decision to hire an adult to oversee the instructors. Bobbi had graduated from college and was working as a teacher. Chance brought her in contact with one of the club officers who knew her and asked what she was doing for the Summer. After explaining the situation to her she agreed to take the position even though the salary wasn’t all that much. (As I found out in talking with her much later, she looked at it as a last chance to “relive her youth and good times”. She’d live, cost free, with her parents and would be able to reconnect with a lot of the people she’d grown up with.)

In any case the meeting then devolved into a discussion of the fairness of passing the increased cost on to the whole membership when the need was clearly the junior sailing program. There was a group (primarily the ‘racers’) who felt the cost should be borne by the parents of the kids in the junior program. Nothing was decided and as the meeting broke up there was clear divide within the club. My father was an insurance “nut”. He had everything covered, re-covered and then carried an “umbrella” policy over all of the other coverages he had. It was ingrained into me to do the same so I was all for it, regardless of who ended up paying for Bobbi. I walked away feeling that the club had been incredibly lucky that nothing bad had happened up to that time.

Barbara was not only asleep when we arrived home and, surprisingly, was ensconced in the bed set aside for her rather than in my reclining chair. As we prepared for bed Elle mentioned that she was curious as to what she’d worn for ‘protection’. When she’d last stayed with us Elle had introduced her to her own ‘full package’ of multiple cotton panties along with multiple sanitary pads and a pair of plastic panties. But, she’d not heard one way or the other as to what Barbara had done after she returned home. Of course there was the question of Barbara’s mother being willing to pay for the pads so the question was never asked. I suggested that Elle just stick her head in the door to see if she could determine what, if anything, she was wearing. That discussion raised the question of whether Elle should wake her when she would get up during the night to go. My ‘2 cents’ were to go check on her and if she wasn’t wearing anything (as it was the first night she’d slept over back in the Fall) to definitely wake her. If she was wearing a “package” of any sort then let her sleep through and discuss it with her in the morning. Elle didn’t say anything so I had to wait until she returned from her last bathroom trip. When I asked she just shrugged her shoulders. My thoughts were what harm was there in just taking a peek.

So… when I headed down the hall I did. Anne slept with a night light that was part of the lamp on the bedside table between the two beds. There was plenty of light to see what I wanted to see… a pair of plastic panties sticking out from under the sheet that partially covered her. When I returned and told Elle she was immediately mad at me. I knew what she was thinking but my I knew my thoughts didn’t have a prurient intent so I just ignored her and went to sleep on my side of the bed.

Because we’d not had a chance to go over Barbara’s daily routine in detail I didn’t know if she intended to go to church like she’d done the last time she stayed with us. I got up with Elle’s 7am alarm (she ignored me) to get myself ready. I went downstairs to shower only to find the door to the bathroom closed which told me she was showering. I went outside to get the Sunday newspaper and by the time I was back the bathroom door was open. I stuck my head in to find a room full of steam. It told me to remind her to open the window when she did shower. However, to get to the window I had to sort of straddle the toilet which meant putting my left foot and leg between it and the sink. When I did I felt something marginally warm under my foot. My attention was certainly raised upon feeling it. I was 100% positive it was the ‘package’ or remnants of it, that she’d worn during the night. After closing the door over I bent down to inspect what I’d stepped on and could see the whole thing… multiple cotton panties, soaked sanitary pads encased in a pair of plastic panties.

I took a quick shower leaving her things where they were. Back upstairs I was dressed in no time at all and as I finished I saw Barbara headed down the stairs. She was probably two thirds of the way when I started down. At the bottom I followed her down the hallway. At first she started towards the kitchen but then quickly changed direction and darted into the bathroom pulling the door over behind her. It only took a few seconds for me to realize that she’d probably seen or remembered the “package” she’d left on the floor. I have to admit that it brought a smile to my face. I made like I was busy at the counter and when she appeared I remember seeing her blushing. I asked if she was ready to go and she wouldn’t look at me to answer but headed straight for the door. I knew it would be an interesting trip to church.

To be continued…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize people were so sue crazy back then too. Seems like everything is always someone else's fault. Barbara's stay sounds like it will be interesting for you!

Bad

Pantymaven said...

BS... that was my first exposure to it. Even with my father's penchant for insurance I'd never given it much thought.

As to Barbara... it might be interesting for you too... :-)