Saturday, September 09, 2017

An "Extra" post...

An "Extra" post...

Living within a retirement community there are a number of people with disabilities. I'm part of a group who volunteers to drive these people to meet their various needs and desires. Our next door neighbor had a severe case of emphasema and seldom leaves her apartment. When she called the other day it was quite a surprise when she asked if I could take her to see her granddaughter who would be in town to play field hockey for her college. I hesitated before saying "Yes..." for a couple of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that she is a large woman and needs a wheel chair. But, after listening to her pleas I agreed.

The girl is a freshman at a 2 year college in another state and the woman seldom gets to see her. One of the other people who lives in the complex is a retired college athletic director who knows just about everybody that has anything to do with local college sports. I asked him how I could expedite her visit to the field being that she would be unable to get into the grandstands. He told me he'd take care of it... and he did.

Arriving at the field they were waiting for us. There were two burly guys who took over wheeling the chair for me and, following them, we ended up along the sideline just a few feet from the bench that her granddaughters team would occupy. Talk about up close and personal!

I'm a sports nut and have seen a great variety of sports but this was my first time at a field hockey game. I know ice hockey well but there were a number of things that it took me time to figure out. But, I digress... I got to meet the girl who was thrilled to see her grandmother. I wasn't a lot of help in explaining to the lady just what was happening on the field but made an attempt. Being used to ice hockey where the players go out of their way to hit each other, it took some getting used to watching the girls try to avoid collisions. However, with a stick involved in playing the game there are tripping incidents with players falling and tumbling to the ground. One such collision took place right in front of us and as I watched the girls disentangle themselves I got a quick sighting of pink. Neither team wore pink as part of their uniforms (white & blue for both) so it really caught my attention. It was fairly early in the game and I figured that if I was right and they really were her panties it wouldn't be long before someone told the girl about the missing part of her uniform. Needless to say I kept my eyes on the girl whenever she was on the field.

For sure, I thought she'd add the missing shorts (that's what it appears they wear under their uniform skirts) during the half time break. But, not more than a few minutes back into the game She was run into by an opposing player right near us and ended up in a heap on the ground. There was no penalty called and play continued but she was slow to get up... and I got confirmation that the pink I saw was really panties... crotch line and all. I was less than ten feet away. Right after that it was obvious the lady was getting tired and we left shortly after that.

Back home, and tired myself from pushing her in her wheelchair, (as I said she is a large lady) I sat down and thought about what I'd seen. It certainly took me back to my high school days when I'd seen a number of similar situations. I gave some thought about writing it up as an extra post but I haven't done that very often so I didn't. But, yesterday, on the front page of the local sports page, was this picture. Take a close look at the girl in the middle (#5) and right between her legs... PINK... so here it is...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a nice reward for your good deed! On a similar note, I saw a girl on the subway curled up on a double seat in the fetal position. She was wearing shorts and you could see her panties as the crotch of the shorts was pulled to the side. It was only a split second sighting, but it made my day!

Bad

Pantymaven said...

BS... it pays to be attentive to your surroundings... :-)