Saturday, June 30, 2018

FINISHING THE YEAR... Odds & ends (Part 167v)

ENDING THE YEAR… Odds & ends (Part 167v)

The reason for the change in attitude was that our first ‘excursion’ to McDonalds was a  total disaster. There was nothing that went right about it and when we looked back on it all we could do was laugh. You’ve all experienced “Murphy’s Law”… if it can go wrong… it will… and it did, in spades! Elle was pregnant, about 4 months, at the time. The older two were three and four years old and were well behaved. I’d expected the trip to take about an hour and a half, planning on arriving around 5pm. Poor decision! We couldn’t even get into the parking lot. There was no drive-up so we had to park. It took almost a half hour before I was able to get a spot. Being November, it was fairly cold out so I went in to get our supper but didn’t wear my coat. By the time I got in the door I was cold, all the way through. It was chaotic with people jumping from line to line. I finally placed the order and waited… and waited… and waited. The person who took the order seemed to have disappeared. Frustrated, I called to the first server  I saw and complained. He seemed a bit disoriented but indicated he’d see if the order was “up”, using his term. Then, he disappeared. Not about to give up my space at the counter I was able to get the attention of another server to try and find the order. About ten minutes later I was handed a bag and was glad to get out of the ‘madhouse’. Back at the car I handed the package to Elle for distribution, anxiously awaiting my first taste of a famous McDonald’s hamburger.

The first word I heard from the back seat was Jean saying she had to go to the bathroom. I hadn’t paid much attention as to just where the rest rooms were located so when Elle asked I didn’t have an answer. In all the previous writings I’ve told you how just talking about a bathroom would sometimes ‘trigger’ Elle’s need for a toilet. She had gotten up on her knees, in the front seat leaning over to the back to help the girls put their coats on. I was just dying to get my lips on a burger and sat there watching her effort. Then I heard her curse and watched her let herself down a bit from fully leaning over the seat. The next thing I heard was a command to get a towel from under the seat. (We were always prepared with towels… in both cars.) I grabbed the one from under my seat and knew exactly where to put it… right between Elle's legs. When I did she immediately sat down all the way but with her knees still under her.  I knew what was happening with Elle but I wasn’t prepared for Jean, our oldest, to scream that she was wetting her pants. Somehow, Elle through it all, had the presence of mind to tell me to get the towel from under her seat and to give it to Jean and to tell her to stuff it under her ‘bottom’. From the chaos inside to the chaos outside!

I don’t remember how long it took to get things calmed down inside the car. Jean was crying about sitting in pee soaked clothes and Anne still wanted to go to the bathroom. Elle was fairly even keeled about the whole thing. I know it sounds bizarre but my primary thought at that time was getting some food in my stomach. When Elle was able to elicit a promise from Anne that she could “hold it” for a little longer she proceeded to open the bag of food. I was the first to bite into my bun and burger and it was cold… not cool, but cold. I remember siting there behind the wheel of our station wagon trying to figure out just how much time had elapsed from having the bag handed to me until then. By then Elle had bitten into hers and found the same. I don’t remember what my calculation turned up but when I told Elle I was going inside to complain she grabbed my arm and demanded that we leave. The only problem with that was there was now a man at my driver’s side window telling me I had a flat tire.

Sure enough, the right rear tire was flat. If we’d been in my car and not the station wagon it wouldn’t have taken all that long to change it. But, we were in the station wagon and I didn’t have my tools. I had to use the jack and wrench that came with the vehicle… and had to figure it out and pretty much in the dark. I left Elle and kids alone while I collected the tools and got the tire out. My biggest problem was that with the new design of the cars (no frame) I had to place the jack in exactly the right place. It was probably easy for the guy who thought it up while sitting at his desk but, in reality, it was not user friendly. By the time I got back behind the wheel both the girls were asleep. I looked at my watch and it was after 7pm. Elle was sitting there in the passenger seat and staring straight ahead. I didn’t know what to say so said something totally absurd… “So… who’s idea was this, anyway?” I remember her slowly turning her head sideways towards me. After a few seconds she started laughing… and I soon followed. There was nothing to say.

We still hadn’t eaten choosing to ignore the cold hamburgers. I knew nothing about the area and hoped I could find a diner or something where we could at least get some snacks. Gas stations didn’t have food offerings of any kind so we were on a ‘hunt’ for food of just about any kind. With the kids asleep we eventually decided we could make it back to the town where we lived and our mobile home. It wasn’t until we got there that Elle told me about Anne and how she’d told her to just go ahead and wet her pants to shut her up. It was pretty funny realizing that all the females in the car were wet.

Washing the kids up before putting them to bed woke them up and they let Elle know they were hungry. Elle wasn’t about to cook a meal and yet she wanted them to eat something. I don’t remember what she was offering them but whatever it was they rejected it. I spoke up and suggested cinnamon sugar toast. If looks could’ve killed the look she gave me would’ve pierced my skull, right between my eyes. It worked for the kids and, more or less to rub it in, I joined them.

Back to where we were… and with Elle in a good mood I got to ask about her new panties. She said she hadn’t really looked at them and then only to remove the tags before putting them on. After eating and back in the car I was able to work my hand up under her skirt and to feel the material. I was sure they were nylon satin (and, later, in reading the tags, confirmed it) and couldn’t wait to see what they looked like on her. But, first we had to pick the kids up at Ginger’s house. When we got to the door we were greeted by a chorus of “Can we stay over… Please!”. Elle wasn’t prepared for that and I remember her giving Ginger one of those looks that asked “is it really OK?”. Ginger had five girls of her own, in a very small house, and I know I wasn’t for it… but kept my mouth shut. A little chatter between the two women resulted in a compromise. Jean, our oldest, and Ginger’s oldest would come to our house. Elle wanted Kaye, our youngest, at home because she’d never had a sleep over anywhere else but at Elle’s mother’s house. A few tears and a promise to be able to do it sometime after Christmas solved that problem. Back home we got the two girls settled in and then it was now my turn.
           
Not the one we went to but very similar to it





To be continued...



2 comments:

oldblue said...

LOL, Got a milkshake in my lap not once but twice. A drive-in and a sit down restaurant.
At least you got a feel.

Pantymaven said...

OB... only two? :-)