Wednesday, September 19, 2018

SLOGGING THROUGH WINTER... Good & bad (Part 169m)

SLOGGING THROUGH WINTER… Good & bad (Part 169m)

When Stan gave me the envelope with the information on his stock pics I just put it on the front seat of the car and pretty much forgot about it. I’d also put the rat poison I’d purchased on the seat and it wasn’t until I saw Hobie walking in the door that I remembered it. When I went to the car to retrieve the poison I saw the envelope and decided to leave it there knowing I’d not have the time to look through it during the day. A little before noon I heard my phone ring, picked it up and heard but one word... “Well?” and immediately recognized Lynda’s voice. I didn’t know how to respond so repeated “Well…” back to her. After a few seconds of silence she, in a voice that had the sound of disappointment to it, asked what I thought. Again, not sure what she was referring to,
 didn’t have a ready response and answered ..."about what?". The only thing that came to mind was the stock choices from Stan and I wondered why she’d be the one calling about them. I don’t remember what my words were but I did convey the idea I was a bit confused about her call. More silence… Finally, I asked, point blank, what was the purpose of her call. That… was not the right thing to say at that moment as she, indignantly, said something along the lines that she couldn’t believe that I didn’t know… and hung up. I was left there with the phone in my hand and shaking my head.

It wasn’t long before the noon siren blew and as soon as I could leave for lunch I did. I headed right for Lynda’s office. I know she saw me walk in but she turned away and started talking with Ruthe. Stan was on the phone so all I could do was stand and wait. When she turned back towards me she, quite noticeably, made sure her legs were together and that her skirt was pulled down as far as she could get it. I got the message… loud and clear, that she was mad at me. Now I had to find out why. Stan was still on the phone so I leaned over the rail and gave her the hands up signal and a questioning look. When she turned away again I got a little upset. As soon as she turned back towards her desk I asked, point blank, why she was mad at me and what I’d done. At first I didn’t think she was going to respond. She stood up and walked over to the rail where I was standing. In a voice as sharp as I’d ever heard from her she ’spit’ out to me that she couldn’t believe that I was “that kind of person”. I definitely remember standing there shaking my head and thinking I was in the wrong place. I’d been confused with the telephone conversation but this little ‘ad-on’ was over the top. I don’t remember exactly but I might’ve put my hand over my face in disbelief. ”What kind of person?” was what I finally responded to her. I’d like to believe that hearing me say that shocked her because she didn’t respond. We stood there face to face for a few seconds before Stan broke in and suggested we all go across the street to Michael’s for lunch. Neither of us wanted to but he wouldn’t take “No” for an answer.

Looking back at the situation lo these many years later it really is pretty funny. As I was to find out Stan had picked up on the fact that something had been bothering Lynda and when I walked in he pretty recognized that it somehow had to do with me. Thankfully, he didn’t make a big deal out of it. He waited until Lynda and I’d ordered and got up and walked out the door, paying the bill on his way. That left the two of us, and me especially, with nothing to say. Once the food was served (… not that you need to know but I think I had a turkey club sandwich) Lynda started in by saying that she couldn’t believe I was so ungrateful. I know I reacted to that kind of sharply but it was enough to get across to her that I really had no idea what she was upset about. I’d not ever spoken to her in that manner so, somewhat meekly, she asked if I’d opened the envelope… telling me that  she knew Stan had given it to me the night before. My answer was simple… “No.” Then, more silence before she made a meek apology saying that she’d assumed that I’d seen the contents. Now it was Lynda who was back-tracking.

I remember starting to eat my sandwich and she soon followed with another apology and saying that the whole situation would be explained when I opened the envelope which had become the focal point of the misunderstanding. I asked what was so important about a number of Standard and Poor’s research papers. She just smiled back in the old familiar Lynda way that I was used to, not giving me any clues. When we were leaving she asked if I’d do her a favor and call after looking at the contents of the envelope. By then I knew my next stop was out to my car. The envelope, a standard brown manila one, was right where I’d put it the night before. I climbed in behind the steering wheel, grabbed it and tore the end right off. Peering in to it  the only thing I saw were some of the familiar S & P stock reports. A little upset, I was about to lay the packet back on the seat when I saw something bright white mixed in with them. I pulled everything out and saw my initials on the outside of a white greeting card sized envelope. I wasted no time in getting that open and what I saw literally took my breath away.

There were two glossy color photos of a female lying on a couch. She was wearing a red and white flowered dress with her panties showing. In the first one she was lying face down and appeared to be asleep. I could barely see her head but saw her hair was blonde. There was no doubt that it was Lynda. I’d  probably taken over 100 pictures of Elle in her panties but, unless she was in a very good mood or wanting something from me she was always after me to “Hurry up!” so there was little to no ’staging’ of the scene. I loved the first one as it appeared that Lynda had fallen asleep. I only had one or two of Elle liked that and I really liked the ‘natural’ look of them. The second one was of the look I always craved… a butt shot with the view of the crotch unobstructed. There were only a few lingerie manufacturers who made large crotches and in looking at the picture knew the panties had to have been made by one of them. While sitting there almost drooling I had already started to come up with a way to start a dialog with Lynda about who made these panties. I don’t know how long I sat there just staring at the pictures. In fact, I don’t remember what brought me back to reality. 

Out of the car, I actually had a brief thought of going back over to see Lynda. Thankfully, it didn’t last long. I had to wait for the right moment with no one around to call over to her. Even then it was difficult. I was trying to thank her while at almost the same time she was insisting that she was the one thanking me. We ended up laughing about it. As I was about to hang up the phone I heard her say something I didn’t fully grasp… “Life is full of surprises…”. It was so open ended that I pretty much dismissed it and tried to concentrate on finishing out the work day.



To be continued...

2 comments:

oldblue said...

I am in love, don't ever speak or even think ill of her again. LOL Really great pics, just the thought of that lady cracking her knees leaves an old man near heart failure. Thanks for sharing these and all the others over the years.

Pantymaven said...

OB... go back to the last part of the post and read what she told me...