Thursday, September 13, 2018

SLOGGING THROUGH WINTER... Good & bad (Part 169j)

SLOGGING THROUGH WINTER… Good & bad (Part 169j)

Discretion being the better part of valor, I decided not to mention that I’d be working with a lone female when I told Elle. Because it was Winter I didn’t have as many chores to do on the weekends and with only spending only a few hours I’d still be able to get everything done. Beth would call twice daily to check up on the baby. The Friday night before my first day working with Mae I was home when Beth called. I didn’t know much about the whole deal of both she and Cliffy going to Daytona and took advantage of the call to get some more information. I knew she was there as a scorer for the companion race to the Daytona 500 which would be run the following day. However, I didn’t know anything about Cliffy’s participation as a pit crew member for one of the cars in the race she'd be scoring. She told me the car he was supposed to be with didn’t qualify but he’d been asked to fill in with another team. I asked who the driver was and recognized the name as being one of the guys we’d competed against at the championships. Beth said it was good in that it had Cliffy in with some people who had “connections” in racing. Hearing that made me excited and couldn’t wait to hear all about it when they returned.

When I pulled into the bank parking lot there was a 1957 Chevy station wagon just like the one I’d had after I quit with racing horses. It brought back some memories but not for long. I was at the door of the bank when I saw a thin young woman get out of the car. I didn’t recognize her and was about to ask if I could assist her. Before I did I saw Mae get out the driver’s door. With a big smile she bellowed out “Meet Meg, my sister!”. That news disturbed me because I’d told her Hobie had said "No." to her working. I guess it showed on my face because Mae promptly added “… you don’t have to pay her…” . That took away a bit of the concern I had but in looking at the way the woman was dressed… under her coat she was wearing what was obviously a uniform…  I wondered why she was there.

Inside, while taking our coats off, Mae, talking a mile a minute, sort of explained. On Friday and Saturday nights Meg worked as a short order cook at a well known all night diner from midnight to 8am. Her car was in for repairs so Mae was her “wheel’s”. It would’ve taken too long to get her home and then to be back at the bank by 9am so she rode along. With that established we made our way to the cellar. I brought Mae ‘up to speed’ as far as what Bret and I’d already done and suggested we continue on with that. It wasn’t too labor intensive but it did entail a lot of bending over and squatting down. As Mae and I dug into a couple of boxes/crates Meg stood there and observed. We were looking for the really old hand written ledger cards and when Meg asked if she could join in just to have something to do I figured it wouldn’t hurt… three sets of eyes and six hands would make the work go faster. I’d really not taken a close look at what Meg was wearing when she took off her coat as I was busy locking the doors. I’d led the way to the cellar and then into the storage area. So, when Meg bent over to look in a crate to get an idea of what it was she was looking for I got a very pleasant surprise.

Meg looked to be in her mid 20’s with dirty blonde hair and a nice smile. She was obviously better looking than Mae (and thinner) and the white uniform made for a potential VPL. The second she bent over to see what was in the crate I got my ‘treat’… both a leg elastic and crotch line… a two-fer. I know I was mesmerized for longer than I should’ve been and had to snap out of my ‘trance’ when Mae asked if she should get another crate. Because the light down there was so poor I was pretty sure she didn’t see me blushing. We worked that way, with the boxed material on the floor, for a couple of crates before Mae suggested that we bring a bunch of them out and stack them up. That way we wouldn’t have to bend over so much. It was a good suggestion but it also deprived me of my enjoyment.

After a while we needed a break and I suggested that Meg go across the street to the luncheonette to get coffee and a couple of buns. (Bagels hadn’t swamped the market yet) While she was gone I walked Mae to the end of the storage area and showed her the desk that Bret and I’d found. Her immediate reaction was to suggest we try to get it out and to use that to put the crates on as we perused the material in them. I took a close look and could see it was a big, and probably, heavy desk. I countered with the idea of trying to clear things stacked around it away so it could be moved. I was thinking of Ward, the cleaning service owner and his crew, to do the actual moving. Meg returned with the coffee and buns as well as a bag marked “Grant’s” on it. Grant’s was an upscale 5 & 10 cent store that was right next door to the bank. It was Mae who asked what she had in the bag. When she reached in and pulled out a pair of khaki pants and a long sleeved top she announced that now she was ready to go to work. Mae offered to take her upstairs to the ladies bathroom and she quickly nixed that idea and said she’d just change in the adjacent storage area. I thought that was pretty bold and wished I could come up with a way to maneuver myself to get a glimpse of her doing the switch… but knew it wasn’t possible. She headed in that direction and Mae and I started back for the where the desk was located. The next thing we heard was a scream from the area where Meg had headed.

Mae had led the way back towards the desk with me following behind. Upon hearing the scream I immediately turned around. I could see Meg standing in the open area we’d just left. As I approached I could see her holding her newly purchased top up against her chest… but what really caught my attention was that I could see most of her panties. Mae walked up to her to try and calm her down and to block my view. But, in the few seconds I had I could see they were white bikinis but the light was too dim to tell if they were cotton or nylon. As interesting as that was I really wanted to know what had her so scared. Mae continued to try to calm her down and a couple of strong shakes of her upper body got her attention and elicited a weak “There’s something in there!” pointing to the middle of the three storage areas. I took the few steps to get over there and all I could see was more of the same jumble of boxes/crates, discarded furniture and plain old junk. If there really was something alive in there there was no way to see it so I turned back towards Mae and Meg. That was when Mae asked me to pick up the new pants that Meg had just bought that were laying on the floor. I picked them up and took them to the two women noting Mae still trying to cover Meg as best she could. I really tried not to stare as Mae helped her sister pull the pants up and made a half hearted attempt to look away. It wasn’t until then that I could ‘feel’ the excitement. Meg was no ‘beauty’ but even so, had a decent body and gave me another “panty memory”.

To be continued…

No comments: