Sunday, September 23, 2018

SLOGGING THROUGH WINTER... Good & bad (Part 169o)

SLOGGING THROUGH WINTER… Good & bad (Part 169o)

The first thing Lena wanted to know was what had she seen at her feet… was it really a rat? I, as calmly as I could, told it was but that it was dead when she stepped on it. The look on her face was of sheer terror. As I stated earlier, I’m not happy with being around rats and would prefer they not be a part of my life. But, to Lena, the fact that she’d stepped on one, a dead one to boot, was akin to being attacked by a rabid dog. I’d always gotten along with Lena but didn’t have much daily contact with her. J J, on the other hand, saw her and interacted with her on a daily basis. With Lena’s reaction to being told by me that it was a rat I looked to J J to try and calm her down. She was still sort of lying on the couch with both legs on the seat. I was at the end by her feet and J J was standing above her by her head. When he started talking she turned her body to look at him and as she did she had to put one leg on the floor and then twist. As she did I watched her knees spread at least 15 to maybe 18 inches apart at the knees. Thankfully, she was looking at J J. I’m sure mouth had opened wide. Not only did I get to witness one of the most fantastic, unexpected, upskirts of my life but it was almost like icing on the cake when I saw that her crotch appeared to be wet and the wetness had wicked up about two inches above the crotch line. The wetness of the single ply material above the crotch line made it sheer enough to see her pubic hair.

I have no idea what J J told her. I’m guessing but I had to have stared at that scene for at least 10, if not more, seconds before I looked away. When I did I realized I had a significant bulge in my pants and had to turn away from her. After gathering control of myself I recognized that word of the rat would be spread through the bank within minutes of her getting back to her desk… and that was going to be another problem. By then Lena had turned and was sitting up with both feet on the floor. As best I could I explained that the bank knew about the rats but had, up until then, managed to keep them from getting into the storage area. I tried to assure her that it was not a big problem and, more or less, tried to persuade her from causing a panic among the ladies of the bank by talking about it. All I remember getting back is a blank stare. J J then told her the reason he was even down there was to let her know that she was wanted in the Board room. That seemed to get her back on an even keel and J J offered her his hand to help her up and then followed her out the door and up the stairs. I went to lock the door to the storage area before heading up myself. When I turned to face the stairs I saw both of them stopped only a few steps up. I could see past J J and saw Lena patting her backside and turned as if she were trying to look at it. Then she started back to the top. To me that was confirmation of her “accident”

However, at that moment my thoughts were only on trying to mitigate the potential damage her tale of what had happened to her might do. When all three of us were on the main floor I told J J that I was going to call a meeting of all the first floor employees to explain the situation and suggested that I could do the same for the second floor if he wanted. While doing this I saw Lena standing at the bottom of the stairs to the second floor pulling her skirt out from the back of her legs and, again, patting her backside which was further confirmation of her being wet. I didn’t dwell on it at the time and went to Laurie to call the tellers together so I could say my piece. While she was doing that I went to Bret to have him gather up the rest of the first floor people. The reaction was muted mostly because none of the women ever had need to go into the storage area. The only real negative reaction was from, of all people, Bret. Upstairs, J J addressed the people of the second floor with me giving the detail of how the bank had and was handling the situation. There were a few questions as there were a few of the women that did have to go there. I did notice that Lena wasn’t among the group but knew she’d been called to the Board room. I just hoped that she wouldn’t create a problem when she reappeared so I asked J J to keep an eye out for her and to try and monitor anything negative. 

Back at my desk I was finally able to get back to bank business and began wondering about the branch committee meeting and what had transpired. While there I did notice Lena, with her coat on, leaving the bank. It wasn’t much after 4pm and I knew she would always stay late on Board meeting days to go over the meeting with Bert, the president. Again, I didn’t dwell on it but was smiling to myself. Before 5pm Mae came over to ask what had actually happened in the cellar. I hadn’t mentioned Lena’s name only that a second floor employee had come across a dead rat while there. Mae wanted to know why I felt it important to go over something that we’d agreed to keep quiet. If it had been anyone other than Mae I wouldn’t have gone into detail but, as I’ve expressed in previous posts, I felt she’d proven to be quite a ‘find’ and was comfortable in sharing with her. When I told her that Lena had passed out after stepping on and then seeing the dead rat she sort of snickered. I asked why and she said she’d done that once… when she was first married. They’d gotten an apartment and her husband, an over the road trucker, went on a trip soon after the wedding leaving her alone for the first time in her life. She got home from work and found a man there… and the next thing she remembered was that she was on the floor. In telling me this she said it was one of her most embarrassing moments because the guy turned out to be her husband. His truck had broken down and he’d come home early. I hesitated before asking why she was embarrassed in front of her husband. You’d have to know Mae to appreciate the bluntness of her answer… “Because I pissed myself!”. It was not the answer that I expected. But the real surprise was when she went on and asked if Lena had done the same. Even though I knew she had there was no way I’d tell on her. Mae certainly was nothing to look at but I did find her admission a bit erotic.

After the Board members had left I was able to glean some information about the branch committee meeting from Hobie. Based upon the report from Morris, the branch site consultant, and the tentative ingress and egress approval from the township zoning committee the full Board approved a motion to sign a contract on the property. A very broad timeline had been established and the hope was to be open in a little over a year. Of course, in the back of my mind was why I’d been excluded from the meeting. At first I wasn’t going to ask but my curiosity got the best of me. Hobie didn’t go into details but did say that to make the decision they didn’t need my input but after an architect was chosen I’d be very much involved. After the debacle of the first branch plans it was good news although I was still a bit miffed. All in all, a pretty good day!

To be continued…

No comments: