Monday, May 06, 2019

INTO THE SUMMER... a busy time (Part 173h)

INTO SUMMER… a busy time (Part 173h)

As soon as I reached the beach somebody helped me on up to the clubhouse porch. Once there someone threw a beach towel over my shoulders. I can still remember how good that felt. My whole body was shaking and I almost couldn’t understand what I was saying when answering questions as all the adrenaline had worn off. Looking out into the bay I could see the two power boats that had shown up had righted the swamped sailboat and were making their way towards shore with it in tow. The other two sailboats that had been out there had made their way to shore and were now beached. I tried, with difficulty, to ask about the two guys who I’d towed ashore and was told they and the girl were on their way to Tom’s house (Tom being the racer I knew and who owned the boat that had swamped). It was after hearing that when I thought back to what the girl had been wearing (or not wearing) and began to wonder how she’d gotten into that position.

The one thing I wanted, desperately, was to get into a warm shower. It was after 2pm and it dawned on me that Elle had to be worried about me. My money was in my clothes and in the car and the only phone was a pay phone on the wall in the office. Someone came up with some change and I called. I thought she’d be worried but what I heard was one mad woman wanting to know why I hadn’t come home from church. I knew it was useless to try and explain because as soon as I did she’d just ask questions. I cut her off and told her I’d be home in fifteen minutes. It was probably twenty before I pulled up the driveway. I was still wearing the beach towel when I walked in. I left all my clothes in the car figuring to get them later. I wish I had a picture of Elle’s face when she saw me walk in. I think I told her I’d explain after I got a shower and then disappeared into the bathroom.

It probably took a half hour to get through the explanation (and interruptions). What it did was to raise a lot of questions for me to answer. I didn’t have to ask why the guys had gone out in difficult conditions… they relished a challenge… as stupid as it was. What I didn’t know was who was the guy with Tom and also who was the girl that was in the boat with me. Elle gave me something to eat and while eating the phone rang. It was Tom. He wanted to thank me… profusely. In the process he admitted that going out that day wasn’t the smartest thing he’d ever done. It gave me the opportunity to ask who the man was that was with him. He laughed and told me the guy was an Army buddy who’d just mustered out and was taking time to travel around finding old friends before getting a job. That led me to ask about the girl. Another laugh. He said he didn’t really know her and that she’d been visiting with a family down the street. At the neighborhood Fourth of July party his buddy met her. One thing led to another and the two spent most of Saturday hanging out together. Then, when the decision was made to go sailing she’d asked if she could come along to watch. It was a reasonable answer and I wasn’t sure I should ask the one burning question I still had… what had happened to her clothes. There was a hesitation before he started to answer. I’m the one laughing now because he said he was going to ask me that same question.

I’ll put an end to this thread by telling you that I took a lot of ribbing the next time I showed up at the club. I should’ve expected it. Having a married male and an unmarried female out in a boat wearing only underwear would (and did) raise some questions. However, someone found a dress that had washed ashore after we’d all left. Tom came back to the club later to check on his swamped sailboat and the whole story of what had transpired came to light. The girl had been wearing a dress when she followed me out to get to the skiff. Since it was anchored in water over her head she tried to swim to keep up but the dress wouldn’t let her so she stripped out of it and continued to the boat. According to Tom he never saw her again after that day.

I can’t really describe how I felt when I tried to get out of bed Monday morning. I could say I felt like a truck had run over me but I’d never had a truck run over me so that wouldn’t be a reasonable answer. ‘Cutting to the quick’, just about every part of my body ached. I definitely had bruised ribs from when I had to pull myself up and into the skiff. The large waves made the boat go up and down very rapidly. My inner thighs ached and I knew what that was from as it had happened a time or two before when trying to keep my balance in out in a power boat in rough water. I had bruises on my arms (not exactly sure where they came from) and had a headache just for good measure. If it weren’t for it being the ‘busy period’ at the bank I wouldn’t have gone in. With the three day weekend I knew there would be a crowd of people there as the doors opened.

By noon, the ‘rush’ was over and I spoke to Hobie about my experience. He had no problem with me leaving early and I promptly explained to both Trish and Bret why. I called Elle to forewarn her so she wouldn’t go into a panic seeing my car pull up the driveway at around 1:30pm. She was pleased as I’d not spent much time with her or the girls on Saturday or Sunday. As usual, the day after an Easterly storm was bright and sunny with calm winds out of the North. Walking into the kitchen I was excited to see her in a tennis dress but couldn’t fathom why. She'd only been out of the hospital a week and hadn’t gone to see the doctor for her first check-up. Her answer as to why when I asked was “I thought you’d appreciate it.” accompanied by a sly smile. It was totally unexpected and… appreciated.

The girls, upon realizing I was home, wanted me to take them sailing . Elle and I had decided to limit her activity until after she visited the doctor so they were looking to me to get their sailing ‘fix’. However, my body still ached and sailing was definitely not on my agenda. I suggested that they get out some of their lawn games and set them up on the front lawn. We hadn’t done that yet this Summer and I figured I’d get out the fold up chaise and supervise them. Of course I was also contemplating getting some good peeks of Elle’s panties and, possibly, getting a wet feel if the opportunity presented itself. By the time everything was set up and ready it was after 2pm. I was the scorekeeper and Elle the ‘referee’. I really liked that because Elle would have to bend over to check the scores. After a while I called Elle over to where I was and ran my hand up her inner thigh. At first she started to pull away but stopped and spread her legs just a bit. She was about three feet away and as I looked between her legs I could see that she had started to pee. It was only enough for me to see the start of a stream. I asked her to come back over to where I was but she pointed to the house next door. I knew immediately that wasn’t going to happen so would have to wait. However, she went back to checking the scores and I got to see the results of her wetting. It was a lot more ‘action’ than I’d expected so was happy about it.

To be continued…

No comments: