Wednesday, May 08, 2019

INTO THE SUMMER... a busy time (Part 173i)

INTO SUMMER… busy time (Part 173i)

Whenever we played the lawn games it was always accompanied by lots of laughter and even some screams. We’d not been concerned when we started but then I heard a strange voice coming from the yard next door. Then I heard the voice yell “Shut up!”. I got up from the chaise and headed in the direction of the voice. I was almost to the willow tree that was on the property line when I saw Meemaw, Mattie and Junior’s mother, behind the tree. I hailed her and asked if anything was wrong. She had a disturbed look on her face as she studied me. I identified myself but it appeared she didn’t recognize me. I’d only met her a few times and only for a few minutes. She finally spoke and told me we were making too much noise and walked away. I didn’t know what to say. What it did was to pretty much end the fun in the front yard. The girls were disappointed when we picked everything up. However, it did give me a couple of nice views of Elle’s wet panties as she bent over in doing it.

The girls headed for their playhouse in the back yard and Elle and I headed for the screened in porch. I was happy that she didn’t change out of her tennis dress and she positioned herself in the rocking chair so that I had a good view. We didn’t come right out and talk about it but I had the feeling that she was seriously thinking about getting intimate. What we did talk about was her incontinence. Over time she had learned to handle it but with the pregnancy it had gotten worse. She’d accepted it as the price to pay for being pregnant. Her friend, Ginger, had gone through the same thing so it wasn’t a shock to her but now, no longer pregnant, she was hoping that she’d go back to the level where it had been. Even though it had only been a little over a week since the miscarriage she was expecting things to be back the way they were. It was my job to not let her get discouraged. One way was to remind her that I enjoyed it when she’d let me ‘play’ with her when she was wet. As the girls had gotten older she’d gotten away from letting me do it. So, here was a chance to both help her and satisfy me. However, she kept bringing up the possibility that it wouldn’t get better. I didn’t try to make light of it and, instead, asked what was the most annoying aspect of it.

It didn’t take long for her to identify the worst aspect of it. I was expecting her to say the embarrassment. That wasn’t it at all. Starting at about the fourth month she found she had little or no control. Prior to that she could count on anywhere from two to three hours and then she’d get a ‘warning’ where she’d dribble a little and that would let her know to find a toilet quickly. We’d made up ‘dribble panties’ with layers of French terrycloth in the crotch to, for the most part, control it. She’d shared that information with Ginger and we’d actually made up six pairs for her. Using a pair of sanitary panties with the plastic crotch over them they had worked fairly well. But, once she started to ’show’ they didn’t work at all and she’d reverted to wearing what we called a ‘package’. It was what she wore to bed at night and consisted of a couple of heavy ribbed cotton panties with usually three sanitary pads with it all covered with a pair of plastic panties that covered everything. Her complaint was that the plastic panties didn’t ‘breathe’ and made her midsection and bottom very hot and uncomfortable. That was why, since coming home from the hospital she was wearing summer dresses and only panties when at home. If she ‘missed’ no one would know and in just a week was getting good at somewhat disguising that she was wetting herself. That was the part I liked. A good example of it was the way she was with me on the screened in porch… only a tennis dress and panties. We’d been there for a short while when I saw a puddle start to form under her as she sat in the wicker rocking chair. As I watched it grow there was something else that was growing as well. So, with her identifying being uncomfortable wearing the plastic panties as the problem I told her I had an idea.

Up until the pregnancy she’d gotten by with but four pair of the full plastic panties. But that wasn’t going to be enough what with her wetting multiple times a day. On my last visit to the data center I visited the one department store that I knew for sure carried the ones she liked and bought six more. It was getting near the point that she needed some new ones anyway. Back when we’d been working on the the idea of the ‘dribble panties’ we’d made a prototype panty from a some old sanitary panties. We’d sewn multiple cotton crotches we’d taken from some of her well stained Carter’s Spanky Pants panties into them. The idea being that when she’d ‘dribble’ the cotton crotches would catch it and the plastic crotch would keep it from getting into her clothes. We made a few and they seemed to work well enough that I decided to show them to my friend with the lingerie company who didn’t show any interest. (Note: other companies eventually came up with the same thing and they’re still being widely sold, mostly through catalogs). But, back to the conversation… I told her that what we could try was to cut the upper part off the plastic panties and sew the top of a pair of nylon or cotton panties on the plastic bottoms. That way some air could get in and give her some relief. I won’t say she jumped up and down upon hearing my idea but she indicated it was worth a try.

Even though I was still aching I wanted to go to the garage that night. The plan was to check the bearings like we’d done the week before and to also remove the intake manifold to prepare the motor for the fuel injection system that Freddy was going to loan us. I’d wanted to be the one to spin the worn bearings out having been able to successfully accomplish it the week before but I knew my body wouldn’t let me turn and twist under the car like I knew I’d have to do. Since I’d been given the job of checking over the motor I figured I’d get the job of removing the manifold. Whatever it was that my assignment was to be, I was excited at the potential the new equipment would bring and was happy to be a part of it. Elle didn’t really complain about me leaving which was a good sign. It had been good for both of us to have the time together and her acceptance of my leaving was the result of it.

At the garage I was surprised to find that Cliffy, his brother and father had unloaded the race car and he’d gone ahead and drained the oil. The dreaded shiny slivers were present again which guaranteed that we’d have to change the bearings. When I explained how sore I was I was assigned the job of draining the fuel cell. Since we’d be running alcohol with the fuel injection all traces of gasoline had to be removed. The fuel cell had a special foam inside it to keep the liquid from sloshing around and we would have to replace it. I knew had a whole night of work ahead of me. Dick was tasked with spinning the bearings out and replacing them. The used ones didn’t look as bad as the ones we’d removed the week before but that was because they were special racing bearings and not plain old stock ones. We all finished up around 11pm with the plan to return on Thursday night when Freddy was to deliver the fuel injection. I remember Alan being the one who was the most excited about the prospects of racing with it. I wasn’t far behind him.

To be continued…


No comments: