Wednesday, January 10, 2007

LIFE AT COLLEGE... On into the Fall (Part 18a)

Money, or the lack thereof, became my prime concern as the Fall Semester actually started. My tuition was being paid by my grandparents and the room and board by my parents. I was responsible for everything else. I'd grossly underestimated the cost of text books and other incidentals. By the time I actually sat in my first class I was broke. The reality was that I'd ended up spending more on my racecar than I realized and the same thing held true with Elle. Movies almost every Sunday and the snacks that went with it took a lot more than I'd realized. To be truthful, I was in a full blown panic. I knew if I called home that my ass would be grass and my father would be the lawnmower. The only alternative was my grandfather. He'd always been more than generous but I'd never asked him for money. I ended up swallowing my ego and called. In an "arrangement" between just the two of us he sent me $40 right away and promised an additional $20 every two weeks. It was to be a "loan" and not a gift. So began my life as a "beggar".

It didn't take long for the card players to emerge in the dorm. There was a poker group and a pinochle group but no black jack group. My grandfather had taught me when I was about 12 and I felt I was pretty good at it. I asked around and found one guy who was interested. It was easy to know George was a city kid. His "accent" was almost laughable. But he was willing... and an easy "mark". Over the first month my winnings off of him paid for my beer (I didn't drink all that much anyway), snacks and coffee at the student co-op and my phone calls to Elle. That left the money from my grandfather to fund another trip to see Elle. The only problem was that she had her period the weekend I chose. By the time she told me it was too late to change my plans. For my own selfish reasons I wasn't very happy. But, Elle, who had gotten a little homesick, was really glad to see me. In the long run it was a good move. There was one very memorable incident from that weekend that didn't directly involve Elle. Two weeks of classes had gone by fairly smoothly for her but she had a project due that she was struggling with. I remember that part of the project was the creation of a poster. She had a partner but neither of them felt comfortable with lettering. I'd dabbled with sign lettering and offered to help. On that Sunday morning Elle got up early and was at the SU (student Union) when it opened. She immediatly went into the lounge and took occupancy of one of the small rooms that were on either side of the fireplace. I got there a little later and when I did she went to get breakfast (hers and mine) and to meet with Meg, her partner. When they got back I was surprised at the size of Meg. She wasn't fat but she WAS tall... about 5'11". I was 6'1" and, well, didn't know a lot of females who were almost as tall as I was. After introductions were over they explained what they needed. They placed the poster board on the coffee table and we all sat on the floor. When Meg sat down I got a beautiful DP (downpants) view of her panties. Over the next few hours I got some incredible views. The thing I remember the best was the waist elastic. It was very fancy and I'd never seen anything like it. It didn't hurt my feelings that I got to see as much as four inches of her panties across her back and maybe as much as an inch and a half down. I'm not exagerating when I say that I REALLY wanted to know who made them... but how? I'd been perfectly happy staring down her backside but, when we were finishing up, I got another "present". She got up on her knees and proceeded to reach across to get some of her colored pencils and, when she did, I got a great VPL (visible panty line). The thing I thought of was the one I'd seen on Carol, the girlfriend of my sailing friend Buddy, just as the Summer ended. But it didn't take long for me to realize that Meg's were definitely not the same. I'd seen Carol's panties on the washline and the waist elastic was covered by material. About all I could hope for was that Elle would continue to be friendly with Meg and I'd get some more chances to sneak a peek or two.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

I always look forward to reading the next chapter in your story! Seems like your memories always bring some of my own out too.