Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A DIFFERENT KIND OF SUMMER... Settling in (Part 45e)

The thought of what might be coming a little later had me anxious to leave. The problem was her wet and sandy bottom. Some sand had gotten inside the leg openings of her bermudas and as we walked down the road she was very uncomfortable. When we got in sight of her house she could see that the company was still up which precluded her going in and changing. That didn’t help matters, at all. We ended up in her back yard sitting on the steps to her back porch. Because of the fear that someone would find us she wouldn’t let me get to ”cozy“ By the time the adults went to bed she was too cold and tired for any real ”fun“. The one thing she did grant me was to let me feel her peeing in the grass just before she went inside. At least I had an exciting memory to go to bed with.

I was going up the steps to my house when I remembered the new lady next door and the fact that I’d seen her out in the water with her clothes on. There was a large cedar tree between the two houses and I walked up behind it. My eyes were used to the dark so when I peeked out from behind it I could see clothes on the washline. There were lights on in the room closest to the line but the shade was down. I took a deep breath and walked slowly over to it. It was about 35 feet from the tree. By the time I got there I swear I could hear my heart beating. The white panties seemed to glow in the darkness. I quickly pulled the clothespins off and grabbed the panties. I didn’t dare to go inside my house with them so I went to my car and opened the door. Being a convertible there was no dome light but only dim lights under the dash right by the front of the door. After opening the door I dropped to my knees and took a good look at the panties. Like I had mentioned earlier, when I saw the panties on the lady on the beach I noted that I’d never seen that style waist elastic before. I quickly turned the panties inside out to look at the label. I was really nervous and the dim light wasn’t helping but I finally made it out... Vanity Fair. It was a new name to me. They were really nice with lace inserts that went from the waist to the leg elastic that ran down the side seam.

I really wanted to keep them but something was telling me to put them back. They were still damp and as I walked slowly back to the clothes line I held them up to my nose. They had a really sweet smell that I didn’t recognize. When I pinned them back onto the line I could only hope that I’d put them back the same way they had been. I was so wound up when I climbed into bed that I couldn’t go to sleep. I probably rolled and tossed for over an hour but at least I had pleasant thoughts.

Saturday was actually the first official day of racing the sailboats. The Sunday before had been a ”tune-up“ and didn’t count for the season championship. It didn’t really matter to me since I knew wouldn’t be home to finish out the season but the good performance the week before had me really anxious to go do it again. I’d called Rick a couple of times but no one answered. Even though I didn’t have a crew I decided I’d take a chance like I’d done the week before and hope that I could find someone to sail with me. In the past there were usually a few kids from the junior sailing program that were anxious to get a chance to go racing. I really wanted Elle but, being a holiday weekend, she had to work.

I got to the club early hoping to grab onto the first available person. I forgot one thing though... the season was just starting which meant that the junior sailing program hadn’t yet started. There were a few new people that I didn’t know who had joined since I’d last been racing on a regular basis. Two of them were a brother and sister who showed up with a boat. Watching them get the boat rigged it was obvious that they were neophytes. I started chatting with the man and found that when their parents bought their beach house the boat came with it. The previous Summer they had taken some private lessons and thought that it would be fun to try racing. Hearing their background I took it upon myself to introduce him to the race director of the sailing club and told him what I’d just learned. When I’d heard it all I could think of was that they really shouldn’t be out there with us. The director felt the same and, with diplomacy, suggested that it would be best if they started out by crewing with some experienced racers. Unfortunately, he took the guy for himself.

When most of the boats had been launched and I still hadn’t found a crew I, in desperation, asked the girl. When her brother had taken off she’d gone into the club and changed back into her clothes. By the time I asked her I didn’t really think that we could make it out to the starting line in time even if she said ”yes“. When she agreed she said she had to go change. I implored her to go just the way she was. She was wearing dark blue cotton shorts and a white sleeveless blouse. There really wasn’t much wind so I told her there wasn’t much chance of getting wet. She still wasn’t sure but I guess the hang-dog look on my face got to her.

I really hadn’t paid much attention to her, spending my time talking to her brother. Once under way I took a look at her. As far a looks go... well... to be kind, she (Peggy) was a very nice girl. She was 20 years old and going to an all girls college upstate. A couple of my fraternity brothers were dating girls from the same school and I threw their names at her. Unbelievably, she knew two of them. One had dated her freshman year roommate. By the time we got through all that we were at the staring line with just enough time for me to explain what I needed her to do once we started racing.

To be continued...

2 comments:

badside said...

Yum! I hope there's more stories involving the new neighbor!

oldblue said...

Want to get to mom just be good to the kids.