Friday, June 12, 2009

A DIFFERENT KIND OF SUMMER... Starting to enjoy it (Part 45f)

Considering that it was her first race I thought that she (we) did well. We finished somewhere in the middle of the fleet. By the time we had finished the wind had started to build. When the next race started we had to hike out to keep the boat from heeling over. I could see that she really didn’t like that at all but she was a gamer and tried. The look on her face told the real story. Without going into all the nuances of sailboat racing, suffice it to say that some points of racing has the wind coming over the transom (back). When that happens you can sit inside the cockpit on the floorboards and not have to work to keep the boat from tipping. When Peggy did she had her back to me with her legs up by her chin. As I looked down I saw a very familiar sight. The back of her panties were showing and I knew exactly who made them. There was no mistaking Carter’s Spanky Pants from the unique elastic for the waistband and the label that was right in the middle of the back... the kind that Elle mostly wore to bed or as part of her ”package“. I almost made a comment but caught myself. It sort of amazed me as to how many different girls I knew that either wore them or had worn them when I knew them.

The wind continued to blow and Peggy and I had to really work to keep the boat from tipping too far. I was constantly exhorting her to try and get a little further out from the cockpit. I, myself, was out as far as I could get and still hold onto the tiller (what you use to steer the boat). I remember looking over at her and at one point I could see about half of her panties showing. Unfortunately, I couldn’t spend much time looking or thinking about them as I had my hands full trying to keep control of the boat.

We didn’t do very well in spite of her brave and gallant efforts. It didn’t matter though. It had been fun and I really thought that she learned some necessary thing over the course of the afternoon. On our way back to shore the wind was behind us and Peggy again took a set on the cockpit floor. It was almost as if it was a reward to me for taking her out even though she didn’t know it. If I were to guess I’d say that the waistband of her shorts was down almost to her butt crack. She was cold and was leaning forward with her arms wrapped around her legs which she had pulled up to her chest. Looking at her panties I remember trying to count the number of girls that I either knew or had known who wore the same kind. It was a fun exercise.

I thought my ”fun“ was over when we got to shore but I got one last ”present“. Because we had to launch the boats off the beach by hand it meant that we all had to take turns helping lift the boats back out of the water and up and onto the trailers. When I got near the shore I had Peggy jump overboard to hold the boat while I took the sails down and then went to help some of the others get their boats out of the water. As I had mentioned, the wind had kicked up quite a bit as the afternoon wore on. When I got back to the boat Peggy was struggling to hold on to it. She needed both hands to keep the boat from washing up onto the beach. Her arms were so tired from sailing that she barely had the strength. But I almost choked when I saw that her shorts had fallen down to her knees. Basically, it looked like she was standing there in thigh deep water in just her panties. As much as I enjoyed the view I ran out to grab the boat from her. She pulled the shorts back up and went ashore. She was kind enough to stick around to help derig the boat and while she was doing it I got brave enough to ask what had happened. I remember her answering me but not looking at me as she did. She had popped the waist button right after I had asked her to hike out over the side. As the day wore on a couple more buttons popped and... At that point I thanked her profusely and asked if she wanted to do it again on Sunday. She gave me a big smile and said that she needed a few days to recover. Even if she’d said yes I knew that it wouldn’t be the same. But I also knew that any time that I’d see her again I’d remember the sight of her standing in the water with her panties showing.

I was so looking forward to being with Elle that night that I think the excitement of that masked just how tired I was. I’d worked hard while racing, using muscles that I hadn't used for a long time. It didn’t catch up to me until I turned into my driveway. Seeing my grandparents car in the driveway meant just one thing... that it was going to be really difficult to see her that night. I loved them dearly and really appreciated all that my grandfather did for me getting me started in the harness horse business and loaning me money but they were a problem when it came to Elle. Just seeing their car totally deflated me. Every muscle ached and my hands were throbbing. I’m smiling now but I wasn’t at the time.

I’d pretty much guessed what was my fate for the evening. Dinner and then a ”visit“ with them was on the agenda for me. I was able to sneak a call to Elle to explain and she wasn’t happy in hearing it. I knew that it would generate more conversation from her mother about our wedding plans. On top of that my grandfather gave me a good ”talking to“ about the value of a college education. It was one of those where I wasn't given a chance to speak. It was a long, long evening and I couldn’t wait to escape and to get to bed.

To be continued...

1 comment:

oldblue said...

Ah yes, the good old talking to. I wonder how many I listened to with glazed eyes, but even better how many I gave to a set of glazed eyes. We never learn that advice is only heeded if it co-insides with what they have already made up their minds to do.