Tuesday, August 17, 2010



MOVING ON... a change of pace (Part 60h)

It took at least an hour and probably more by the time we got that situation under control. When we got back to the clubhouse we found the tide was now up around both the trailers and the clubhouse. We decided it was best to move the trailers (and the boats that were on them) up and into the parking lot. All the guys were soaked and cold as we finally headed into the clubhouse. I know I expected Elle to be there and I’m pretty sure the others expected to find their wives as well. But the room was empty. Some of the guys went outside to check to see if their cars were still there and they were. We were all puzzled.

As I mentioned earlier, the clubhouse was built out on the sand. Whenever there was an exceptional high tide like on that day the septic system flooded. Because, in the past, members had ignored signs not to use the toilets in conditions like that the manager was told to lock the rest room doors... and he had. After a while some of the ladies needed a toilet. With Carol’s in laws living up on the bluff behind the clubhouse she took them all up there. It was Buddy who figured it out and who went up to get them to return. When Elle walked in I could see she wasn’t all that happy. I’d had all the conversation I could handle for the day and all I wanted was to get in a warm shower and into dry clothes. I waved goodbye and grabbed Elle’s hand and headed out the door. As we walked towards the parking lot the water was now up to my ankles. The rain was pounding both of us and as we got into the car I asked what was bothering her. She had this look of disgust on her face and told me that she’d wet herself in the clubhouse in front of all the other women who were there. She then said that she would never be able to face them again and was never going back there to race.

I couldn’t believe how stiff and sore I was on Monday morning. Trying to save Chuck’s boat from being destroyed had been a real test of strength and will and I had the bruises to prove it. The weather was the same as the day before: rain, wind and cool. It,on top of the way I felt, was not conducive to my selling Nutri Bio. Elle was all keyed up to start making her new clothes. Once I told her I wasn’t about to go out and make calls she told me that I could ”entertain“ our oldest while she sewed. I really couldn’t say much so, after going next door to get the elderly ladies sewing machine, I was my daughter’s playmate.

If there was one good thing about the arrangement it was that Elle found it easier to work in just her panties so that it would be easier to try on her new shorts. I spent more time watching her than I did my daughter. The shorts were for sure, short. I loved them. The material was a relatively thin cotton in a pink check. She was a bit concerned about just how short they were but I assured her that they were in style. It was a short set with a matching top and she wanted to finish it up after lunch. Since the older daughter took a nap in the afternoon I decided it would be a good time to go visit my grandmother. By early afternoon the weather had let up a bit so I called my grandfather to ask if he wanted to go with me. Of course he said ”yes“. We were both surprised to find my grandmother much improved to the extent that she could speak (sort of) a few words. She seemed to respond well to my grandfather which made him happy. When I was driving him back to his house he reminded me of the Polaroid instant camera that he had bought for me to take pictures of his horses. Because the cost of film was so high and he no longer had horses I had forgotten about it. Seeing that my grandmother was much more alert he came up with the idea for me to take pictures of my kids so he could show them to her. What could I say? We stopped at the photo shop and he bought me two packs of film. Now I had to find the camera.

Back at the trailer I found Elle wearing the new outfit. It really had my attention. I knew she was wearing a pair of cotton panties with a pair of the nylon satin Plymouth panties over them. As she did a pirouette to model it for me I could see a bit of the panties peeking out under the material in back. I was hard in a second. Of course I didn’t tell her what I’d seen choosing to enjoy the view for as long as I could.

I told her about taking pictures of the kids and after a few anxious moments of trying to locate the camera we started in. The baby was easy as we just set her down on the floor on a big towel. The early Polaroids required that you put a protective coating on them as soon as the picture developed. So, it was a fairly long process. Take a picture... wait for it to develop... coat it and then do it all over again. Because I was on the floor I would set the camera on the edge of the sofa as the picture developed. My oldest daughter was jealous of the attention we'd been giving her sister and had started running around. All of a sudden I heard a crash as saw the camera on the floor. It had an extended bellows for the lens and the bellows was locked into place by two thin metal arms. As I picked it up I saw that one of the two was bent. I tried to straighten it as best I could and then took another picture. The sighting mechanism was external to the bellows and when I developed the picture I found I only had half the baby. The lens was no longer lined up with the sight.

By then the baby was getting restless and wanted to crawl around. I worked on the camera some more and decided to use Elle as the subject. She was sitting on the floor with her legs out in front of her, spread apart. My eyes were popping out of my head with what I saw. Still wanting to get a handle on the sighting problem I gave her a spatula to hold so I had something specific to focus on. The idea being that I would be able to know just how much I would have to compensate for the misalignment. (See the pictures)

To be continued...

3 comments:

oldblue said...

The spatula is way off, everything else is on target.

Pantymaven said...

Hee Hee...

Anonymous said...

I imagine you must have been pretty excited when taking those pics! Thanks for sharing.

-Badside