Saturday, March 10, 2012

SUMMER... August, sailing (Part87f)

Sunday turned out to be a beautiful day both weather-wise and results wise. I couldn’t have dialed up a more compatible breeze for us to handle. Bobbi was much more at ease and appeared to enjoy herself. Elle’s shorts, which Bobbi had worn on Saturday, hadn’t dried so she wore a pair of her own. As I remember it they were a fairly dark blue and were much shorter. I was a bit concerned that the back of her thighs might get burned on the deck what with all the sun but she said she’d be OK. One advantage to the dark blue color was that if I were to get a DP it would be emphasized because of the contrast.

I’ve always believed it better to beat someone on the race course than because of an equipment breakdown. The boat that Herb and his son were sailing had been loaned to them. He’d not sailed in it prior to the first race. He found some things that needed attention and had hoped that they wouldn’t affect his performance. Just before the start a metal fitting had broken and there was no way to jury rig it so that he could race. That left me to concentrate on primarily on Cat and the guy who’d won on Friday. I decided that Cat was my main competition so I positioned myself at the start to be ”on top of her“. I won’t bore you with the definition. What it meant was that I was in position to match her, move for move, and it worked out. I, again, finished second with another boat that wasn’t in contention for winning the whole competition ending up winning the race. It meant that I was the overall winner and Cat was second.

When receiving the trophy I remember the representative from the host sailing club saying that he could save money by just giving me the trophy for the following year right then and there. I’d raced in six of this particular championship since getting my boat and had won all of them. Bobbi was cute when she got the crew trophy. I embarrassed her when I told the audience that it was her first time crewing as well as her first time in even sailing in a boat with two sails.

As usual, it took a long time to get off the island. Since the driveway to Bobbi’s house was difficult to traverse with a boat trailer I decided leave the boat off at the sailing club before dropping her off. By the time we approached Bobbi’s place it was after 6pm. I surely wasn’t expecting to see wash on the clothesline having seen it there the day before plus the fact it was a Sunday. There wasn’t anywhere near as much but I could definitely see some (regular) panties. I wanted to ask Bobbi about it but common sense took hold and I kept my mouth shut. I slowed on my way out to get a better look. With other wash interspersed I couldn’t tell how many there were but the ones I saw were all white. I also couldn’t tell for sure if they were the band leg type and possibly be more of the Lollipop brand. It was interesting, for sure.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As I mentioned as the lead for post # 87b I’m going through August by topic and not strictly by time line. Right now I’m writing about SAILING so am fast forwarding to the following weekend.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Elle’s wrist was much better and she was now wearing a brace. She could do most things but wasn’t ready to sail. I tried to contact Bobbi but was unable to do so. I’d waited until after work on Friday and was kicking myself for not having done it earlier. I was racing the car on Saturday night so only made one stab at contacting her and without success. Even though Elle told me not to, I tried calling at 7:30am Sunday morning. Again, no answer. Since I had to to my parents garage to get my sails and gear and was in the neighborhood I figured there was no reason not to go down to Bobbi’s house. Being a Sunday I wasn’t expecting wash to be on the clothesline again when I drove up the driveway. I slowed down as I approached it and this time could definitely recognize the band legs on the panties I could see. Like the previous Sunday, they were all white which told me they all belonged to someone other than Peggy or Bobbi. The ”mystery“ was solved when this woman came out of the bungalow. She introduced herself as Ali, Peggy’s sister and Bobbi’s aunt. It had been a while since I’d seen last her (at least 10 years) but she did have a familiarity about her. At that point I pretty much deduced that the wash and panties belonged to her. I asked about Bobbi and was told that she and her mother had gone back to their winter home to take care of a ”family matter“. She went on to say that they were due back at any time. I told her that Bobbi had sailed with me the previous weekend and that I had hoped that she would be able to sail that day. She told me that she was sure Bobbi would be disappointed as she had had such a good time. Time was flying by and I had to get to the club. and couldn’t wait for her. I told her that I wished I could wait but if she got back within the hour and there was a way for her to get to the club to have her please come on over.

To be continued...

2 comments:

oldblue said...

Do you still sail? You must have been pretty good.

Pantymaven said...

Not any more. I stayed in small boats (16 to 19 feet) until I was 50. It got to be more like work than fun.