Tuesday, September 18, 2012

HOPE... for better times (Part 98h)

The weekend was going to be extra busy as the baby was to be christened on Sunday. We’d put it off because of Elle’s condition but she’d shown improvement and, as we’d decided to have Dolly as the godmother. After watching Dolly handle the baby we felt it was only right that she be recognized but we had to have the christening before she left for college. The only Sunday not fully booked for the minister was the upcoming one. It meant that I’d spend most of Saturday preparing for all our guests as Elle wanted to host a party after the ceremony. I did tell Elle that I was racing the car that night ”come hell or high water“ as there were only three more nights of racing. I had a chance to finish in the top ten in points and also to be rookie of the year. She was OK with it as long as I got  the patio room cleaned out and ready for the party.

I’d let Danny know so he was set to bring Dolly. Jim had said he’d go but that I’d need to wait until he got home to give him a ride. Cal was going to meet me at the track and the last time I’d talked with Jay he said he’d try to come as well. It looked like It would be a good night. Danny arrived a bit early and dropped Dolly off. He’d brought his wife along but she wanted to return something that she’d ordered at Montgomery Ward. As Dolly came through the gate she had a small pile of clothes in her hands. It was the clothes that Elle had loaned her earlier in the week. Just as she started up the steps the things that were on the top of the pile fell off and I went to pick them up. As I did I got my answer to just which panties Elle had given her and they were the Carter’s heavy cotton Spanky Pants. When I put the panties on the top of the pile Dolly made a comment for me to remind me to ask her about them. It was a complete shock. Dolly wanted to talk to me about panties? Just the thought of that happening had me excited.

Dolly quickly came back outside and motioned me to follow her to the rear yard. She had a smirky smile on her face and started by saying that she knew that I knew what had happened to her the other morning. I know I blushed. But she went on (and I’m laughing as write this) to say that when she saw the panties that Elle had given her she wanted to scream. I had no idea where this was leading so just kept my mouth shut. (I’m going to paraphrase this and condense it as best I can.) She said she hated Spanky Pants almost as bad as having to eat spinach. She referenced her sister, Abi, and that she wore them. Dolly said that she hated anything that had to do with her sister and they were the only underpants (her term) that she wore. Then, on top of that her mother recycled them and made her wear her sister’s used and stained ones. I wanted to ask why she hadn’t said anything to Elle when she’d been given them. I remember her exact words... ”I couldn’t do that to Auntie Elle!“(z) I really didn’t know what to say but finally stammered out something about how did she get out of wearing them. I can tell you I was beet red when I did. She laughed and said her aunt ”bailed her out“. For her eleventh birthday she gave her a set of nylon day of the week panties. I wish I could remember what, if anything, I said then. I was really uncomfortable but was rescued by seeing Cal walking down the road towards us.

When I went inside to change my clothes for the races I saw the clothes that Dolly had returned lying on the end of the bed with the panties on top. I already knew they were the heavy cotton Spanky pants but when Dolly dropped them I’d not been able to tell just how stained they were. Elle was in the kitchen so I had clear sailing as to do an inspection. I was pleasantly surprised to find they weren’t that bad. I was especially happy after having heard Dolly complain about having had to wear her sisters old ones.  (I’ve referenced these panties going all the way back to my early posts so have inserted a picture to illustrate them. Note the width of the crotch.)

It turned out to be an informal ”ladies night“ at the races. It started with Danny’s wife, Jeanette and when I parked next to Rick and Bags found five more females. Bags, as always, had his girlfriend and Rick’s sister was a fixture (and a nice one!) but the surprise was Jan (the nurse who stayed with my grandfather at night). She’d been dating Buddah who worked as part of Bags’ pit crew but this was only the second time I’d seen her at the races. Actually, I hadn’t seen her since the last time she attended as I hadn’t been at my grandfather’s when she was there since the Spring. As I was taking the tow bar off the race car the two of them walked up and Buddah announced that they were now engaged. My first thought was we’d have to get someone to replace her at my grandfather’s but Jan jumped in to say they wouldn’t be getting married all that soon. She said that Buddah had to get a ”real job“ first. I think I breathed a loud sigh of relief when I heard that.

Regardless of how I did in the races the one thing I always enjoyed was watching Rick’s sister. A little on the pudgy side she was just plain cute and wore tight fitting blouses and tight short shorts. I remember Danny, out of Jeanette's sight, taking a real close look at her.

As I remember it I did fairly well; a top ten, but the excitement was that Rick won the main event, an extra distance race with double points. That meant a big party afterwards. I didn’t really need that but it was hard to leave since Rick, Bags and their crews had been a great help to me during the season. My neighbor, Jim, was no help at all but finally Jeanette ”pulled the plug“ and we left. It was after midnight and when we got back everyone was asleep. When I walked in the door Dolly was asleep, curled up in the swivel chair with her legs tucked up under her. Wearing, as usual, a short sun dress, it had pulled up a bit over one hip exposing a very nice panty look (as opposed to a peek). It was for only a few seconds as the sound of the door opening woke her up. Danny and Jeannette were in their car waiting for her so there was no conversation. It probably would have been easier for Dolly if she’d stayed over since we all had to be at the church by 10am for the christening ceremony but it was too late for that.     



1 comment:

badside said...

Dolly turned out to be quite the interesting girl! Those Spankys sure do have a wide crotch. Don't think I've ever seen one that wide before.