Thursday, September 20, 2012

HOPE... for better times (Part 98i)

Other than for a bit of a hangover the christening went well. The surprise was that Edith, the nurse who looked after my grandfather during the day, brought my grandfather over to join in the festivities. He brought the baby a gift of $100 with instructions that it was to go into a savings account for her. But, he also slipped me a $50 bill. He was very pleased with my job change even though he would've preferred that I work for a local bank. He made some sort of complimentary comment about me while giving a ”dig“ to my brother who was the only family member from either side who wasn’t present. By mid afternoon everybody, thankfully, was gone.

Our visit to the doctor for Elle’s check up held one very pleasant piece of information especially for me. It was that Elle was free to resume sexual relations. I won’t deny that I was the one more excited about it than Elle was although she made a valiant attempt. It wasn’t all that satisfying for either of us but after six plus months without "real sex" I wasn’t really complaining. However, I felt that it wouldn’t be long until we were back to where we’d been back at the beginning of the year. I had one week of work left with the County and was planning to take the following week off before starting my new job with the bank. I was hoping that that week would bring us all the way back.

With Elle doing what the doctor had prescribed in the way of strengthening her sphincter muscles she’d seen a marked improvement in her ability to go for an extended time without using the toilet. That had her in a much better mood and by the end of the week she’d be cleared to picking the baby up again. It meant she/we wouldn’t need Dolly any longer. As far as Dolly was concerned it was going to work out perfectly as she wanted to spend some time with her father in the city before heading off to college. Elle had enjoyed her company and told me that she'd miss her. I felt the same way but for a different reason.

For my last ”Manic Monday“ with the Clerk Typist exam at work I held high hopes for a banner crop of panty peeks. Try as I may I can’t remember anything special about the day at all except for the fact that Mrs K wanted Vi to be with John and I. The department was already one Personnel Technician short (Sonny) and with me leaving it would be two. It was an absolute that two people administer the exam and it had been over a year since she’d been involved. I’m sure her being there had something to do with it not being a memorable day.

I think it was around mid week that Jay, Jo, Andre and Lucy took me out to lunch (without alcohol) to reminisce about old times. During lunch Jay (and Jo) let me on a big secret... they’d gotten married. However, they had to keep it a secret as the rules didn’t allow married people to work in the same department. With Jay having to pay alimony and child support they couldn’t afford to have Jo not working. Jay, in one of his never ending ”deals“, had agreed to rehab a pre WWII cottage and to live in it, rent free, while doing the work. That was why I hadn’t seen much of Jay at the races during the Summer. They seemed very happy and we all promised to keep in touch.

Friday, my last day, Annette the young physically handicapped (polio) girl who had been hired as the receptionist for the department at my suggestion brought in a cake and a small party was held in the afternoon. I liked the group and knew I’d miss them but I was really excited to get back to working with numbers and to get directly involved in Data Processing again. When the party broke up Mrs K called me into her office. Her words made me feel really good saying that I’d been a ”ray of sunshine” while at the office and she hoped I could continue to do the same in my new job. I remember standing there wondering where I’d be if it weren’t for her. She’d been a VERY important part of my working life since quitting the horses and now she wouldn’t be there. For a few minutes I was sad but as soon as I got to my car that was over.

That night I remember really enjoying my time with Elle after the kids were asleep. I knew it would continue to get better and better and couldn’t wait until the next week started where I wouldn’t have to go to work and could be around Elle (and the kids) all day. However, I was also looking forward to racing the car Saturday night.  To ameliorate her distaste for the racing I decided to dedicate the day to doing all the “honey-dos” she’d been storing up during her recovery period.

The day got started on the right foot as we had a little “morning delight”. I actually liked sex in the morning better than at night. I was doing one of Elle’s projects when the phone rang. It was my father and he had a problem. One thing about my father... he seldom asked for anything from me. So, he had my attention. He’d been in the process of reglazing the porch windows and when digging out the dried out putty had done something to his wrist (today, it’s called carpel tunnel). He tried to put the fresh putty in but the pain was too great. He didn’t want to leave the widows like that as there was rain in the forecast and wanted to know if I could come and finish the job. It was NOT what I wanted but, as I said, he wasn’t the type person to ask for random things. Plus, his birthday was less than two weeks away. I quickly figured this would be his birthday present. Thankfully, Elle wasn’t upset and I promised to make it up to her the following week.

To be continued... 

2 comments:

badside said...

Sounds like a bittersweet time. Sorry to read that Dolly was leaving, I enjoyed reading about her!

Pantymaven said...

Like they say... all good things come to an end... sometime.