Thursday, January 17, 2013

BIG CHANGES... better times (Part 104e)

On our way to the White House she told us the building had been a blessing and a curse. Of course we had no idea what she meant, so, we asked. Harry had designed it, on a whim, after he’d gone to work full time for a prestigious downtown architectural firm. He hadn’t expected anything to come of it and it languished in a file for a while. A developer, looking for a radical concept, happened upon it and Harry was on his way. Nan, varying between being proud and unhappy, told us that it had gone to Harry’s head and he and another member of the same firm left it and started their own firm.  She didn’t come out and say it but it was easy to read between the lines that they hadn’t been all that successful. Thinking back on my observations of Harry over the past two nights, I had a good idea why.

After lunch and driving around the historic areas of the district we ended up taking the kids to a fascinating interactive children’s museum to finish off our travels. As we were headed back to the house Nan told us we had to come back some year to see the cherry trees in bloom as it was a spectacular sight. We were about three weeks too early this year. As was the case the day before, Harry was at the house when we arrived. I could only hope that he’d be reasonable with his drinking so we could have a reasonably quiet evening.

It went marginally well. Harry "behaved" mostly because Nan blocked his attempts to get into the refrigerator. It went marginally well. Even though I’d enjoyed the visit to the Washington sights I really wished that we’d left in the morning. The only thing I had to look forward to was a the possibility of perusing Nan’s panty drawer. I didn’t know how but it was primary on my mind when we headed for bed. As we said our ”good nights“ I asked Nan to make sure we were awake and up by 7am. Any chance for a peek into the drawer that night was eliminated by the fact that, as I previously mentioned. Elle and I had an ”open“ policy as far as the bathroom was concerned whenever our girls were in bed or weren’t around. When she was at the sink the mirror gave a good view of the night table that held the panties and even when sitting on the toilet she could see part of table. I fell asleep trying to visualize just how I’d get into it in the morning.

I have no idea what time it was when the lights came on. Initially, I thought it was morning. However, it was Nan, carrying a crying Anne, our four year old. As she headed towards me I realized Elle wasn't beside me but was in the bathroom. When Nan turned at the end of the bed I could see part of her panties as one of Anne’s feet had hooked under the hem of her nightie. I could see they looked pink and I definitely saw an applique as she sat down beside me. Anne quickly transitioned to my arms, still sobbing. Nan explained that she’d fallen out of bed and, not recognizing where she was started crying. By then Elle had reappeared. As we calmed her down Nan got up to leave. I watched her get up to walk away and could see the nightie was almost translucent. I could see the areolas around her nipples even though her breasts were small. As she walked away I could also clearly see her panties through the filmy material... and the start of a bulge.

One thing that Elle and I had never allowed was for the girls to sleep with us. Elle carried her back to the room she’d been sleeping in to tuck her in tightly and stayed with her for a time. I was so tempted to open the panty drawer when Elle left but, not knowing how quickly she’d return, deferred. I fell asleep but it seemed like only minutes before our girls were climbing over us letting us know it was time to get up. Elle got them washed and dressed while I collected some of their random paraphanalia that they’s spread around the house. When I returned Elle was getting dressed. I noticed that, even though she’d woken up dry, she was putting on only a pair of cotton panties. I questioned her about it and she said she was tried of wearing even a partial ”package“. I could tell by the way she said it that it would be useless to argue but I was able to get her to at least add a pair of nylon satin panties. I was finishing the packing when she walked out of the room. I knew this was my last chance.

To make sure that both women were occupied I took the carriage that the baby had used as her bed out to the living room. Elle was helping Nan serve the girls their breakfast so I quickly retreated to the bedroom and went straight for the drawer. I fully expected to see neat piles of panties much like Elle had hers stacked at home. What I saw was a complete mess. The drawer was maybe 15 inches square by about 5 or so inches deep and filled with panties of all colors. While looking over my shoulder at the door I stuck my hand in, grabbed a handful and made straight for the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I turned on the shower even though, initially, I had no intention of taking one. Then I dropped the panties on the floor and spread them out. The first thing I noticed was that they all had that super big crotch that I’d seen on the black pair I’d discovered the first morning we were there. I think there were six pair and I do remember a bright red pair as well as a pale green and yellow pair. I think the rest were white. Another common thing was that they all had lace cutouts or appliques on them. It hadn’t taken much time to look them over but I was already perspiring from fear of being caught. I did look at the label on a couple and they both read ”VanRaalte size 5“, just as the black ones had. I vowed then and there that I had to make a concerted effort to find a source for them.

I peeked out into the bedroom and saw nothing so, now in just my boxer shorts, ran over to the drawer and dropped the panties back in. By then I really needed a shower. It was a quickie and I was just toweling off when Elle walked in to find out what was keeping me. When she left I breathed a big sigh of relief. I quickly dressed and went out into the kitchen to get a bite to eat. I really didn’t have an ulterior motive for leaving the suitcase in the bedroom. I just wanted to make an ”appearance” since Elle had thought I was taking too long. The girls said their good byes as I loaded the wagon up, leaving room for the suitcase in back in case we needed to get at it. I was concerned about Elle not wearing a “package”, especially since we were in our our new wagon. Everyone was outside when I went back to get it. It was right in front of the night stand that held the panties. I looked at the drawer and, without any aforethought, pulled it open and stuck my hand in. I grabbed the first pair I felt and stuffed it into one of the side pockets in the suitcase. I snapped it shut and rushed out side. As soon as the outside air hit me I realized I was perspiring again... but I did have a “prize”

To be continued...   

4 comments:

oldblue said...

I believe I would have tried for the ones in the bathroom drawer, although they might have been more likely missed.

Pantymaven said...

Beggars shouldn't be choosey... :-)

badside said...

Very nice! I can imagine being in your shoes (and her panty drawer)!

Pantymaven said...

It was an "Oh my heart!" moment