Wednesday, January 09, 2013

BIG CHANGES... better times (Part 104a)

I think Elle was more pleased about going to visit her old girlfriend than she was of the new car. This would be the first long trip for the older girls in four years. I was worried that now that they were older they would be restless being cooped up in a vehicle for an extended period of time. The trip to Nan’s would be, with stops, at least eight hours. When Elle’s roommate for four years at college, Nancy, called to say that she, her husband and young son had moved back from the mid West and were temporarily at her parents house all our plans changed. It was less than two hours to Nancy’s and Elle thought it would be just great to stop and see her as it would break the trip up. There wasn’t much I could say to dissuade her so I added at least another three hours to the trip.

I finished up at the old bank and headed home to pre pack all the “supplies”, Elle’s and the baby’s and clothes we wouldn’t need until later in the trip. My idea was to take off no later than 8am hoping that, realistically, we could be on the road by 9am. When we got up I was shocked to see about 2 to 3 inches of snow. If it had been predicted I sure never saw or heard about it. By the time we got started it was after 10am but the snow had turned to slush. That was good but it upset me because now our new wagon was driving through road salt. The further West we went the worse it got and by the time we reached Nancy’s parents house it was after 1pm and everybody was famished. Nancy greeted us with lunch and before I knew it the time had passed and it was close to 4pm. I’d calculated it would take at least six hours from there to Nan’s and we would still have to stop to eat. Nancy spoke up saying that we should stay over and get a fresh start in the morning. She went to her parents and asked if we could squeeze in with them. What could they say... as an only child Nancy always had their "number".

I knew Nancy’s parents from driving her home from college on various occasions and they were really nice people. However, their house was really small. If we stayed it would mean six adults and four kids would be stuffed into a two bedroom house with a half basement and only one bathroom. Truthfully, I didn’t want to stay but I also didn’t want to face the rest of the trip in the dark, especially not really knowing the way. Somehow we managed. The worst part of staying was listening to Nancy’s husband telling me about his latest get rich quick scheme until midnight. By the time I got to lay down on the camp cot down in the basement I wished that we’d gone on.

Our older girls got to sleep on the floor in the living room with Elle sleeping on the sofa. Nancy and her husband were sharing a single bed in her old room with their baby. When I saw it getting light I got up and went upstairs and snuggled up with Elle. It was the most comfortable I’d been since trying to go to sleep. I happened to catch Nancy darting into the kitchen to warm a bottle for her baby who was about nine months old. She had always been tiny. If you remember my description of her from when we were in college she had absolutely nothing on top so she never wore a bra. However, when I caught a glimpse of her I definitely saw the outline of panties through a filmy gown. When she returned with the bottle in hand she saw that I was awake. I thought for sure she’d disappear right back into her room but she walked over to where Elle and I were on the sofa. I could clearly see the band legs of her panties and the slight arch of the crotch. If I wasn’t fully awake before she came over I surely was with her standing less than a foot away. This really surprised me as I remembered her from college as being very much a prude. She bent down and whispered that I could go into the kitchen and help myself to whatever I could find and then turned and walked away. When she did I could see the slightly higher and larger arc of her crotch through the gown. I immediately determined that they had to be Lollipop panties. When I did that I suddenly realized that there was a washing machine in the basement. I decided to go back downstairs to see what, if anything, I could find in the way of dirty wash. Unfortunately, when I moved to get up I woke Elle so I had to talk with her about out our “getaway”. While we were talking all our kids managed to wake up so my trip to the basement was temporarily thwarted.

There was only one bathroom so we washed up in shifts. We also ate breakfast the same way. I made sure I was one of the first for both so I could repack the wagon. In so doing I found a way to make a last ditch trip to the basement. The problem was that I knew I only had a  minute to do my “research”. The machine was under the stairs and I quickly popped the top and peered in only to find it empty. I took a quick look around to see if there was anything that might be holding some dirty wash. Over in a dark corner by a small work bench I spied a clothes dryer. As I approached it I saw a small pile of clothes on top all folded up. I looked for a light but couldn’t find one. On the very top were a couple of bras. Knowing that Nancy didn’t wear a bra I knew they had to be her mother’s. Her mother was short and also wide so I had no interest in them at all. I was just about to head back upstairs when I decided that as long as I was right there I shold flip through the pile. About halfway down I hit “paydirt”. Folded neatly and stacked side by side were at least six pair of cotton band leg panties. I carefully pulled one pair out and took it over to the light. My observation from earlier was right... they were Lollipop panties but the size surprised me as the label read 12. I stood there for a few  seconds before I decided to return them to the pile of clothes. As I climbed the stairs I was happy that I had confirmed just what kind of panties she wore. It was still a high priority for me to know the maker of the panties that women I knew actually wore.

To be continued...   

2 comments:

badside said...

Nice little bonus getting to ogle Nancy's panties!

Pantymaven said...

To be sure! Even though she was tiny she was definitely "all girl"... :-)