Sunday, July 07, 2013

SLOWING THINGS DOWN... time to regroup (Part 112b)

SLOWING THINGS DOWN... time to regroup (Part 112b)

When I'd finally gotten the sexy panties on Elle I wasn’t really happy with them... and neither was she. They looked good in the catalog and lying on the bed. The unusual treatment of the crotch area made it a bit uncomfortable for me when I "plugged in". Even though the label read size 5 they were definitely baggy. During lunch hour I pulled the catalog out with the intention of picking out some other style of panties for Elle. I also wanted to try a size 4 when I phoned in the order for the things that Peggy wanted. Looking at the choices I saw a pencil notation on one that read ”pretty“. I knew I hadn’t made it and when I’d shown the catalog to Judith at her boutique she didn’t have it long enough to make any marks. The notation had to have been made by Peggy.

They had a really pretty applique on one side. I sat there debating with myself as to what to do. I’d told her to pick out something for herself and as far as I could see she hadn’t. She’d made the one word note and that was all. I decided I’d order a box (of 6) for her but I struggled with what size to order. From Elle's sexy panties I knew they ran a bit large. I’d just seen the label on the panties Peggy had worn when sailing with me over the Labor Day weekend and it read size 6. On the spur of the moment I decided to order a box of size 4’s and a box of size 5’s. I called the order in before going back to work. Even though I had no idea how to give the panties to Peggy I was anxious to get them. I knew I’d come up with some way to handle it.The lady who took the order told me it'd be about a week. That was OK by me as it gave me some time to come up with a plan.

Training for the new hire, Joanne seemed to be going well. Both Bret and I had enjoyed a few VPL's in her first few days. She liked to wear fairly tight, straight line, single colored skirts. Even though they'd never allow an upskirt I was willing to accept what I could get. Trish, who'd become my pipeline for information emanating from the Polish mafia, was a little concerned in that she seemed "distant" as far as making friends with the other tellers. I thought it strange especially in that she also happened to be Polish. My concern was more in line with how the public would accept a "colored" girl (remember, it was 1965) on the main teller line when I moved Corrine from the drive up. There was no question that she was more than ready for "prime time". So was Katie, the girl who would be her replacement at the drive up window. Since she was only going to be on the window for lunch hour all Joanne had to do was grasp the concept.

Speaking of Katie and of upskirts, Bret had passed on to me that he'd had a "view" or two. Since his desk was in front of mine he had a pretty much unobstructed view of her activities. Her short stature and skirts made it somewhat easy if you could put yourself in the right position. Evidently, Bret was able to do so. As I've written in previous posts, I'd been reluctant to do much more than acknowledge Bret's observations along those lines. My interaction with his wife concerning panties before they were married had me leery of getting to deep into the subject with him. His continued comments had me tempted though.

I was still so discouraged about what had happened with the race car that I couldn’t bring myself to start to dismantle it. Another reason was that I didn’t know what to do with the stuff after I did. I’m not sure exactly when I got the call at home but it was around mid month. Someone had seen the car out in the storage area of the mobile home park and had stopped at the sales office to inquire about it. One of the owners of the park gave the guy my telephone number. When he identified himself I sort of recognized the name as a former racer. Back when I was still in high school and had my first race car he and his brother were very good drivers. It had been almost ten years since I’d last seen the guy.

Long story short... he wanted to know what I was going to do with the car. When I asked if he wanted to buy it he laughed. I told him I didn’t really know. He said that if I could find a chassis (frame) for it he’d help me fix it. I sat there in disbelief. It took a few seconds to grasp what he’d said and after I did I asked him how much would it cost. I don’t remember his exact answer but, basically, told me not to worry about it. Among the people I’d met at the track since I’d started driving one was a bona fide character. He’d stopped by the car and given me his telephone number telling me that if I ever needed a chassis to give him a call. I don’t know why I kept it but I did. I immediately called him up. The news wasn’t good in that he said he’d just sold the last ”good” one he had. I picked up on the “good” part and asked if he had anything at all. He didn’t answer right away but he finally told me he had one that had a lot of rust. I asked if I could see it and we set a date of that Saturday.

As you can imagine, Elle wasn’t happy when I told her where I was headed that Saturday. I wasn’t happy when I saw what the guy had. The frame was rusted through in two places but he was willing to give it to me for free. I wasn't too keen on it. We chatted a bit and just as I was about to leave he said he’d weld some steel plates on it and charge me $10. I thought about it for a minute and decided it was better than nothing. I didn’t have a truck or trailer to bring it home so, for another $5 he said he’d deliver it. I was back in business... sort of.

To be continued...

4 comments:

oldblue said...

Let's face it you had balls of steel and the size of grapefruit. Buying panties for what was basically your babysitter is possibly the wildest thing I could imagine.

Pantymaven said...

OB... this is just the beginning...

badside said...

Can't wait to find out how you gave Peggy those panties! As for the car, just like that, you're back in it!

Pantymaven said...

BS... like I told OB, this is just the beginning.