Monday, February 24, 2014

WINDING DOWN SUMMER... into Autumn (Part 121d)

WINDING DOWN SUMMER... into Autumn (Part 121d)

The next morning I waited until after 9am to try and call him. I knew Melody was in bad shape the last I saw of her and Willie had imbibed quite a bit as well. I looked up his phone number and when I dialed it I got a message that the number was not in service. I was really curious about just why Willie wanted to see me and wasn’t sure what to do. With Elle not feeling well we’d decided to skip church (again). Elle’s mother was the host of the combined birthday party for our fathers and had asked Elle to give her a hand in preparing for it. Whenever we went to her parents for the day we were expected to use the beach that was set aside for homeowners on the North side of the road. Even though our parents got along well, Elle’s mother still had a streak of jealousy and resented it when we came to her house and then spent the day on the beach in front of my parents house. So... Elle set out the kids toys that would have to be dragged down to that beach. While she was doing that I was trying to come up with a reason to give to Elle that would let me leave for a while so I could see Willie. I was looking at the Sunfish which hadn't been put away in the garage and saw the piece of equipment that Martin had given me the day before. As I looked at it I wasn’t sure if he’d given it to me to use or to keep. That became my “escape”.

It only took a minute to remove it and after I did I went inside and told Elle I had to return it. She was still busy getting everything organized and told me not to take too long. It was about a 15 minute drive to Willie’s cottage so figured I’d be back in just over a half hour. We’d targeted leaving around 11am and I was sure I could see Willie and be back by that time. There was no car in the driveway when I pulled in. I knew Willie had a big blue Chrysler and I also knew it wouldn’t fit in the garage. The cottage and garage, like so many in the area, was built in the 1930’s when cars were no where near as wide. As I stopped my car I looked over to the back of the house. Houses built during that period of time had a couple of things that were very much in common with each other and that was there were either stoops or porches at each door with roofs over them. I was looking at a small porch with small pillars at each corner. On the side closest to me there was a line that went from the post to the house... and, blowing in the light breeze was a pair of panties hanging on it.

I got out and went up on the porch. My eyes never left the panties until I was about to knock on the door. I actually knocked multiple times but there was no answer. I stood there taking a good close look at the panties. I finally made a move to leave but before I got to the car decided to knock on the front door. It really was a small cottage and as I stood there knocking it came to me that there was no way that if anyone was home they wouldn’t have heard my knock at the back door. Walking back to the car I looked around and noticed that the property was pretty secluded with no houses on either side. The property to the East wasn’t developed and was pretty much overgrown. I could barely see the roof line of the house next to that property but that was all. I got back in my car and was about to start it when I looked back at the panties one last time. I must’ve stared at them for a minute debating with myself weather I should take a chance on taking them. It didn’t take long. I got back out of the car, quickly walked up to them, pulled the clothespins off and stuffed them into my pocket. I have to tell you that by the time I started the car my heart was pounding and I was wringing wet.

I decided to turn West thinking that it would be less of a chance of running into Willie. I knew I was going to be late getting home so didn’t take the time to look at the panties, although I was tempted. By the time I got home it was after 11am and Elle wasn’t happy. The panties were still in my pocket as I loaded all the kids things and stuff for the party Elle into the station wagon. I didn’t dare try to put them into my stash as Elle was right outside the garage door. That meant we were off with the panties (and clothespins) still in my pocket.

With Elle helping prepare for the party, I got beach duty with the kids. The ROW (right of way) beach was crowded as I’d expected. It was only 55’ wide with about 20’ of actual sand. We staked out a spot and my primary duty was to keep Kaye contained. A 2 year old certainly has a mind of its own! There wasn’t much “eye candy” to look at so I busied myself building sandcastles and trying to teach the older girls to swim a bit. When the wind came up and started blowing the sand around I bailed out. Elle wasn’t expecting us back so soon so I still had to entertain the kids. The back yard neighbor of Elle’s parents had just recently bought the property. I got a couple of glances of a short, blonde haired woman though the gaps in the fence. It was enough for me to take a position closer to it. The lady looked to be in her 30’s and, upon closer inspection, decent looking. I put that in the back of my mind for future reference.

I was “chicken” to take the panties fully out of my pocket for an inspection. I’d started once only to have Elle almost catch me. I told myself to have patience but it was hard. The party was, as usual, boring, but the food was good as Elle’s mother was an excellent cook. Because the panties were still in my pocket they weren’t far from my mind as we ate. Because Elle still wasn’t feeling well, we managed to “escape” a bit early. On the short drive home I was planning on how and where I’d finally get to inspect the panties. Once there, I volunteered to put all the beach toys away. Elle “bought“ it and that gave me unfettered access to the garage as she put the kids to bed. Basically, I dumped the beach stuff on the garage floor and then pulled the old refrigerator from up against the wall. The panties were out of my pocket in a flash and, as fully expected, the label read ”Evette“. But, as I studied them, came the realization that they were the same style as the previous pair of Merry’s panties that I'd dug off the beach a few years earlier. I was sort of mad at myself for not recognizing that when I was looking at them while on Willie’s porch. I remember taking a deep breath and then pulling the box with my stash from the refrigerator. I won’t call it a ”frenzied“ search though the box but it certainly wasn’t organized. Thankfully, it didn’t take long to find what I was looking for... Merrie’s older panties. Spreading them out on the seat of the car I compared the two of them and the newer pair were similar. but not the same... and they were, indeed, fancy panties.

                                 
Original Evette

New Evette


To be continued...

2 comments:

oldblue said...

Just got caught up. Nice pics. Maybe he wants to offer you employment in the lingerie business, a pantymans dream job.

Pantymaven said...

OB... stay tuned