Monday, April 07, 2014

CATCHING UP... a bit (Part 123a)

CATCHING UP... a bit (Part 123a)

With all that took place in October I couldn’t bring some of the “threads“ that were started to conclusion. I hope to remedy that in this part.
===============================

My old sailing friend, Willie, had moved to New Orleans to run the lingerie company his father had bought at the end of September. He’d forwarded a couple of the catalogs (Sans Soucie) for me to peruse. When I called him he was up to his eyeballs in trying to get settled and his arms wrapped around the way the company had been run. I’d wanted to order some of the things from the catalog but he couldn’t take the order at the time and had told me that he’d pick out some things and send them to me. But, he didn’t say when and, not wanting to be a PITA (pain in the ass), didn’t call him back to find out.

A box arrived at work for me in the middle of the week the first week of November. It’d been almost a month since I’d talked with Willy so I’d somewhat forgotten about his promise to send samples. I looked at the return label and I saw ”U S Manufacturing“ on it. I had no knowledge of that company and wondered if it wasn’t a mistake. I was about to put the box on the floor when I saw, in very small print, ”New Orleans, LA“ underneath the company name. That gave me the answer. Now, the problem was the how and where to see what was inside. I took the box to my car during lunch break and broke one end open. What I saw was two boxes standing on end with the words ”Sans Soucie“ in gold script and some numbers. I wanted to pull them out to see what was inside but, being in the public parking lot, I didn’t want to take the chance. It made for a long afternoon.

You might’ve thought I just got in my car at the end of the day and popped the boxes open. But I didn’t. Being dark out and with he dome light in my car out I knew I wouldn’t see much. I drove out to the Chevy dealership on the outskirts of town. The lights for their display lot made it almost as bright as day. I pulled up in front of the used cars and pulled one of the boxes out. There were six pair of bright white nylon satin panties inside. I sat there in disbelief. There were two batches with a paper band around them. I pulled one batch out and and as soon as I touched the panties realized they were nylon satin, my absolute favorite pantie material. Then I separated one pair and went right for the label. It was printed in blue with Sans Soucie, in script, and the size, 4, printed on it. I held them up and saw the diamond shape of the crotch and was very happy. The other box held six pair of size five panties. I’d thought I was going to get a mix of products but what he’d sent was absolutely perfect. I wasn’t sure just why he’d sent both a box of size 4 and size 5 so I held a pair of each up to see the difference. I couldn’t remember what size the two pair that I’d bought in the city were but since most of her panties were size 5 I figured that was what they were. The size 4 panties didn't look that much smaller and, on my way home, I began to wonder if they would fit Elle and then how I could get a pair on her to see. However, I just didn’t know if I should tell her about them. I finally decided to just slip a few pair into her panty drawer and on the weekend, where I got to pick out what she wore, I’d try to get her in a new pair. It was something to look forward to.
           

Speaking of the Sans Soucie catalogs, when I’d looked through them I saw some things that I thought Pat (the PTA lady) might be interested in for her hoped for bridal shop. At our last party she’d taken a look at the panties Elle had used when she was dared to show everyone her panties and had complimented her on them. Putting the two thoughts together I felt that I had to come up with a way to get the catalogs to Pat and then, to propose that she open an account with Willie’s company... but how to do it was the question.

I’d committed to joining the basketball team that my friend Johnnie was putting together. He’d given out some information about who was going to be on the team but by the first of November we hadn’t yet met nor had we had a practice. That all ended the first week in November. Being a teacher at the school he was able to get permission to use the gym, but only the gym. All doors into the school, including the locker room(s) were locked. Our ingress and egress was through a fire door that led out to the parking lot. It had been over ten years since I’d played any organized basketball and I was very nervous as I walked into the gym. The first face I recognized was that of Jonesie, the guy who’d recently done the work in my kitchen. At first I though I was in the wrong place. He was around 40 years old and I hadn’t taken him for being into athletics when I met him. But, he was an absolute sports junkie. He had on sneakers and was wearing shorts so was dressed properly. I just walked over to him and said ”Hi.“ Johnnie walked in with three other guys, one being about 6’5”. He looked like a basketball player but the other two... I had my doubts. Both were definitely under 6 feet and looked to be somewhere around 200 pounds each and about five or six months pregnant. Then two others made their way through the door and all I could think was that we were, at best, a motley crew.

Johnnie introduced everyone and in so doing identified the two “round guys” as holding a number of the high school’s records for scoring. I looked at them and thought “No way!”. The tall guy, Dave, had played a year of college ball at a major school. (We weren’t told why it was just one year.) At least there was some basketball background among the group. Johnnie had played in college although it was at a small teacher’s school. Actually, at that point, I felt a bit intimidated.

Johnnie, to get an idea of where we all were situated as far as current skills were concerned, suggested we play a bit of half court ball. It was the two “round guys, one of the latecomers and I versus Dave, Johnnie, Jonesie and the other latecomer. What a joke! After ten or so minutes the only two who weren’t winded were Johnnie and I. The only positive was that both the ”round guys“ still had an eye for the basket and a soft touch. We took a break and then made some player switches and went back at it. The only thing I could offer was ”quick hands”. I was able to deflect passes and stole a few as well. Dave, the “skyscraper”,  got most of the missed shots but didn’t (or couldn’t) run. He pretty much just stood in around under the backboard. During the next break Johnnie had us go through some drills, all of them requiring running. If I’d been a spectator I would’ve been laughing.

To be continued... 

No comments: