Friday, April 04, 2014

TIME MARCHES ON... changes (Part 122l)

TIME MARCHES ON... changes (Part 122l)

What a weekend! I’d made a number of attempts to reach the guy who owned the local factory to see if he’d come take a look at the machinery in Celia’s garage but with no luck. Early Saturday morning he finally called and said he’d be over around 10am. I wanted to be there when he arrived so went over to Celia’s yard a bit early. Waiting, I took a good look around the sides of her house. It was truly a mess. It was a mix of weeds, decaying leaves as well as the current crop of them. I decided to go get my rake and do something positive with my time while waiting. It was close to 11am when this big Cadddy pulled up the driveway. As I’d written, I sort of knew him a bit from when I was much younger. I couldn’t believe he was the same person I remembered working in his father’s store. Fat, balding and looking somewhat hung over, he walked up to me announcing that Cage was here. (Explanation: As I’d written, he was a local sports hero going back to high school. He went to college in the city and had played basketball in his freshman year. In a big game he scored the winning basket and the local weekly paper picked up on it and ran a headline “Local cager scores big!” When he returned home his buddies teased him by calling him “Cager”. Over time it got reduced to Cage.) If nothing else he was surely full of himself.

I steeled myself for a bout of self promotion but he didn’t waste much time saying that the equipment was obsolete. However, he said he’d give Celia $500 for them. I didn’t know how to respond. I’d hoped that Celia would’ve come out when he arrived. I knew that if he didn’t take the stuff Celia would have to pay to have it hauled away. I took a look to see if Celia was on her way and when the guy started for his car I told him it was a deal. As he backed down the drive Celia finally made her way outside. I told her what I’d done and she seemed happy. I hoped she was telling the truth.

I’d raked up a sizable pile of stuff and now wondered what to do with it. As I stared at it Big “B” made his way through the hedge opening. He’d come over to tell me he’d found someone willing to sell a motor for the racecar. We talked a bit and then he asked what I was doing. I gave him the whole story about Celia and, much to my surprise, he told me he’d be back in a little while, with help. I didn’t protest but, at the same time I hadn’t planned on spending my day working over at Celia’s.

About an hour later he returned with two of the “unmarrieds” that he hung out with, Pete and Martin, along with some rakes. He also brought some beer. Before we really got started another car showed up. It was Babs, Pete’s girlfriend. Pete was short for a man, about 5’3“ and Babs was even shorter. Over the next three or so hours the five of us had created a huge pile of leaves and debris. When we got over to the garage I showed ”B“ the scrap metal that was stacked behind it. ”B” took a good look and said he’d take care of it. His father was a “tinkerer” and liked to make all sorts of things from junk. By the time they all left most of Celia’s yard problems had been solved but there was still the big pile of leaves to be addressed. The shrubs around the house still needed to be cut back but, to me, it was a very positive day.

Sunday morning I ached just about everywhere. I begged out of going to church and Elle gave me a “pass“ provided that I babysit Kaye. It was an easy choice. Just before Elle returned I saw John (the neighbor farmer) pull into his driveway. He’d allowed me to rake my leaves into his farm but I was reluctant to do the same with Celia’s. I gave him a call and explained the situation. John, as usual, stepped right up and said he’d get his bucket loader and a farm wagon and be there in about a half hour. Elle arrived a short time later and right after she did I saw John driving his tractor down the road. It only took him a short time to clean it all up and, as he drove back down the driveway, I stood there and looked at Celia’s house again. Not being able to see some of the windows, I knew I’d have to trim the shrubs to complete the job I'd started.

I had no idea what the proper procedure for cutting them back was. All I knew was that they were going to look a lot different when I got done. I spent about three hours on it and had only gotten the front of the house done. The house definitely looked better although I can’t say the same for the bushes. Celia came out to see what I was doing and I was somewhat disappointed in her reaction. She seemed even more ”down“ than she’d been since her husband’s death. I tried to cheer her up by saying that it wouldn’t be long until she could list the house. As soon as I said it she started crying and went back inside. I was completely confused. Here I and my friends had put two days effort into trying to help her and it seemed like it had made the situation worse.

Monday was the ”real“ Halloween and the kids were excited. On the way to work I fantasized about what ”peeks“ I might get to see from the costumed employees with my hopes high for Netta, the switchboard operator who had worn her high school cheerleader outfit on Friday. It didn’t take long for my bubble to burst as Netta didn’t wear her uniform. Jerena, Jaz and Katy were the only ones who had worn or brought their costumes. At lunch time Jerena had to go to the Chamber of Commerce office for the final judging of the individual winners. She’d asked if Laura could go with her to help her into the hoop that I’d helped her with on Friday. I offered to drive them. There was no way Jerena could ride in a car with the hoop and said it was even too difficult to wear the skirt because there was just so much material. So, since my car was a coupe with only two doors I had Laura get in back and then we handed her Jerena’s skirt. Jerena was concerned that it might get too wrinkled if it was folded so Laura said it would be OK to have it lay across her lap. I was the closest to Laura as we fed it in to her. We’d gotten some of it in when Jerena suggested that Laura sort of drape the waist of it up and over the back of the seat. To do it Laura had to turn sideways and as she did I got my hoped for ”peek“. As she had pulled the material up and over her lap it got caught on Laura’s skirt. I watched as more and more skin appeared and when she really turned she opened her legs and it was a most beautiful sight. Jerena had gone over to the drivers side door and was trying to pull her costume skirt up and onto the back window shelf. She was totally unaware of what I could see of Laura.

In truth, I have no idea how long my ”peek“ was. All I knew was that Laura’s legs were apart at about a 45 degree angle and I could see the crotch of her panties from where her bottom touched the car seat to above the crotch line. I had an instantaneous bulge. Luckily, I still was holding some of Jerena’s skirt to hide it. I was positive that neither of them knew what I’d seen because they never paid any attention to me. What I remember the most was how tight the panties were pulled across her privates... nary a wrinkle. A great memory!

Oh, by the way... Jerena won third prize.

To be continued...    
 

1 comment:

oldblue said...

1st prize went to you. I got a sighting similar to that although she always wore pantyhose sans panties.(brown hair) I hope you get the good-guy award for your helping the neighbor. You have a good heart!