Wednesday, January 21, 2015

APRIL... More of the same (Part 128a)

APRIL... More of the same (Part 128a)

There was a LOT on my mind as I drove to work that Monday morning. Would Jacqui show up as she’d promised... I had to have a talk with Donna about the incident with Jacqui on Friday... I had to get the retirement papers together for Mary, the lady who worked in the mortgage department... how much money would leave the bank that day and, what new “surprise” would spring forth from the Trustees.

If there was one positive thing I saw as I made my way to my desk it was more pants suits than I’d seen since the new dress code was implemented. Donna was wearing her blue velour suit and Trish had one on that was new to me. I saw that Lorie, the bookkeeping machine (computer) operator, had a nice tailored one but the surprise was Katy, the drive-up teller. She didn’t wear the shortest skirts but they were pretty short and I would never have expected her to show up wearing a suit. I was about to call Jacqui to my desk for our talk when I saw Netta, the switchboard operator, walking across the lobby floor. She had on a polished cotton suit in sort of a goldenrod color. It was stunning. A tall, well proportioned girl, the suit looked like it was made just for her. What really got my attention was that even from the distance I was at I could see the indents of the leg elastics of her panties. I really had no reason to go over to her but I headed in that direction anyway. I called out her name and she stopped. As I approached I knew I had to say something so complimented her on being brave enough to wear a suit. I quickly pointed out the others who were similarly dressed. She was, obviously, a bit embarrassed. I think I finished by saying something about having her encourage some of the women she saw upstairs to do the same. Then she turned to walk up the stairs. I started back to my desk but changed direction and headed for the customer check writing desk which was at the foot of the stairs. I made like I was straightening the deposit tickets out and then turned to watch her make her way up the stairs. I will say this about the view... it was spectacular. The VPL was vivid. The crotch area wasn’t all that big but the ridges that her panties made on the seat of her pants was enough for me to start a bulge even though I was out in the lobby. WHEW!

Jacqui had calmed down from Friday as I’d hoped and she was good to go back to work. Donna was next to meet with me and she was a bit defensive which was what I expected. I told her she had been technically correct in that situation but there were better ways to handle it than to embarrass Jacqui and, ultimately, the bank. As she walked away she said that she wished there was a job at the bank where she could “operate” on her own. I remember hoping I’d see a VPL from her as she had on the same suit as Elle and Laura and I’d seen one on both of them. But, because she was shorter than they were the jacket covered her bottom. In looking at her I couldn’t help but think that the Trustees that had originally wanted all women’s jackets to be that long would’ve certainly approved.

The doors were about to open for the public when I spoke to Trish about gathering the papers that had to be filed for Mary’s retirement. She was surprised at the news. I didn’t know too much about Mary other than she’d done the same job for many, many years. Trish asked if I knew that Mary had two very interesting things in her past. I didn’t so Trish filled me in. Mary was born on January 1, 1900 and was the first baby born in the city that year. A picture of her with her mother had made the front page of a couple of the city newspapers. The other was that Mary’s first day at the bank was the day the stock market crashed in 1928. I found that to be interesting and did a quick calculation. It meant she’d been at the bank for almost 38 years, longer than anybody else. All of a sudden I realized that with Mary leaving it would mean having to find a replacement for her. Not what I need at that time!

Other than the continuing outflow of money it was a relatively calm day. All the customers were out of the bank around 3:15pm or so. As soon as the last one left I watched Donna peel off her suit jacket. Trish saw her do it and immediately looked to me as if to say “Can we do that?”. During all the discussions in the Board room it had been my interpretation that the members were only concerned with how the customers felt about women wearing pants so I just flipped my hands up and smiled. Her jacket was off in a nanosecond. A few minutes later I saw Lorie slipping hers over the back of her work chair.

When it seemed like there was a delay with the general “proof” for the day I went to see what was wrong. Donna had a problem and it appeared that a withdrawal ticket was missing. Liz, the auditor, asked if she’d checked her waste basket. Immediately Donna bent over at the waist and started rummaging through the scraps of paper. The long awaited VPL from her was now before my eyes. Not as interesting as Netta’s back in the morning, it was still “refreshing”.

The missing withdrawal slip was located and Liz, in her inimitable way, chastised her for it. I knew what was coming as soon as Liz opened her mouth. One would’ve thought Donna had been accused of actually stealing money with her defensive reaction. It was another situation that I figured was best to let time take care of. It had been a busy day and it was late so I told Donna that we’d get together early the next morning. It wasn’t what she wanted but I told her I had a meeting to go to. I didn’t really but went upstairs anyway. I wasn’t thinking about Netta when I started up the stairs. However, she was just picking up her handbag from the floor and I got a reprise of my earlier view of her backside. I had no idea of who made her panties but the seam for the crotch was a lot thicker than most I’d ever noticed in a VPL situation. It was a nice way to end a long day. If there was one thing I took away from it was that if and when more of the women started wearing pants I was going to be very pleased.

To be continued...

4 comments:

badside said...

Sounds like a good day at work!

Pantymaven said...

BS... at least there was something positive to look forward to. :-)

oldblue said...

OMG. The end on the upskirt is on hand. Pantyhose and pantsuits sad days for an old observer.

Pantymaven said...

OB... not quite. Stay tuned...