Friday, January 09, 2015

SPRINGING AHEAD... A busy time (Part 127n)

SPRINGING AHEAD... A busy time... (Part 127n)

One of the bank Trustees was also a member of the church but unless I went to the 8am service I never saw him. Other than a cursory (and brief) ”Hello“  I’d never spoken to him. I did business with his company but had only seen him on premesis a time of two. So, it was another shock when he walked up to me, all friendly like he was a close friend that he hadn’t seen in a while, and asked me to follow him outside. When he came to the bank for meetings he never even acknowledged me so it was with concern that I followed him outside. He didn’t waste any time... he told me that he wanted me to be on the Vestry, the group of parishoners that oversaw the business side of the church. To me it was like an order. Technically, he was one of my bosses. I remember standing there not knowing what to say. He told me that the whole situation with the minister had gotten so out of hand that the Bishop for our area had removed three members of the Vestry. I was actually afraid of the man because I’d heard (and seen) how powerful he was in the community. I don’t think I ever said a word. He put his hand on my shoulder and told me the next Vestry meeting was on Tuesday night and walked away.

By the time we got home it was close to 1pm and the kids were really hungry. I wasn’t as my mind was consumed by the events of the morning. When I opened the storm door there was a paper bag between it and the regular door. When I picked it up there was a note attached to it from Ginger. It said that she’d thought about the ”trade“ and decided she wanted Elle to use some of her old panties since she didn’t know if she was going to like the ”dribble panties“ or not. Elle asked what it was and I handed her the bag and note and went inside.

She didn’t dwell on it as the kids were clamoring for something to eat. However, I was curious so took the bag into the dining room where the sewing machine and material for the crotch inserts were. I dumped out the bag and I saw not only the Evette panties that I’d selected for her but a bunch of obviously used panties as well. The sight of them took my mind off everything else. I’m not sure just how many there were but there was a whole bunch. I sort of spread them out to take a quick glance and saw some with obvious staining in the crotch area. That really got my attention. Even though I didn’t ”inspect“ any of them I recognized some from the waist elastic. I immediately deemed a few as too far gone to consider as the elastics were either stretched or were partially detached from the body of the pant. Elle called in to me asking what I was doing which clearly put me on the ”spot“. I don’t remember what, if anything, I said but quickly returned to the kitchen with a red face.

Leaving church I had completely forgotten about our plan to make up Ginger’s ”dribble panties“. But now, while eating, I couldn’t wait. I told Elle I’d go into the dining room and get things organized while she cleaned up from lunch. Originally, Ginger had brought over five pair so I set out to find at least that many that were serviceable. By the time Elle came into the room I’d had a chance to check out the labels and I remember recognizing three or four of them. When Elle came into the room she read Ginger’s note (for the first time) and told me that Ginger wanted her to pick out the best of them to work with and to throw the rest away. I heard that and couldn’t believe my ears.

As we went about the process i had a soft bulge just from seeing another woman’s panties and with obvious staining to boot. We got four made and Elle said she’d had enough as she had to start preparing dinner and had to get started on making her lesson plans for the upcoming week. There were still two decent looking panties left to go but Elle told me to pick everything up as she didn’t want to look at all week like the one that just passed. I got everything back in the proper place and had stuffed the unwanted panties back into the paper bag to go into the trash. I knew where they were (eventually) going but there was still the two others that we hadn’t finished. I decided to put them on top of the sewing machine in the hall closet as a reminder to Elle but, as I did, it came to me that, in conversation, she had mentioned making up five of them and had done so more than once. I was bending over the sewing machine when a voice in the back of my head told me to put a pair in my pocket.

The kids were happily playing in the basement so I went into the den. Right there on top of my desk were the two boxes I’d gotten from James. I had no idea what I’d find inside but a quick look at the calendar told me I had three weeks to prepare the tax form. Doing one for a deceased person was going to be a first so I took the top off one and started sifting through the material. For whatever reason, Peggy (or her husband) had also put things in there for the current year which didn’t make me all that happy. I spent the time up until dinner was ready on just one box. When Elle called I remember shaking my head wondering why I’d gotten into this whole tax thing in the first place.

Not wanting to face any more of it I spent time after eating with the kids. After they were in bed Elle wanted to watch TV (Ed Sullivan was a staple). When she sat down she had the pants to her new velour suit with her. I asked her what she was doing and she said that a side seam had parted and she was just sewing it back together. Hearing that got me off on another tangent... Laura’s pantsuit... and how I was going to manage that whole scene. Stop The World, I Want to Get Off was a movie that had played about a year prior and it fit the way I felt right about then.

When I got up to go to the bathroom I realized I still Had the pair of Ginger’s panties in my pocket. I immediately knew I had to fine a ”home“ for them and quickly. I saw the linen cabinet ajar and just stuffed them in behind a pile of towels, relieved that I didn’t have to fabricate some story as to why I went to the basement. I also figured I could get them out the next morning when I took my shower.  

  
                                             
Ginger's Shadowline panties from 47 years ago.

To be continued...

3 comments:

oldblue said...

Nice. You have more going on than a one armed paper-hanger.

badside said...

Sounds like you didn't have much choice about the church thing. At least you got Ginger's panties though. What could be better than having them delivered to you!

Pantymaven said...

OB... there was actually more but...

BS... There's always been something special about having panties in my possession that a female that I actually knew had worn.