Monday, January 05, 2015

SPRINGING AHEAD... a busy time (Part 127l)

SPRINGING AHEAD... A Busy Time (Part 127l)

=======================================
Some additional background... When Elle and I moved back to the area after I quit racing horses, we lived in a mobile home park. There were quite a few ”Golden Agers“ (over 50) who were retired and getting on in age. When it came time to file income taxes, my next door neighbor (a Golden Ager)  asked if I could help him. Since I was working as a staff accountant in the office of the County Audit and Control office it sort of made sense. I did and he, in turn, told friends. I did a review of his taxes and he, in turn, told friends. The next thing I new I was checking over a bunch of tax forms. By the time we bought our house I was doing taxes for a couple of dozen people. Somehow, James knew about it.
========================================

Almost immediately he produced two shoe boxes. He put them on the table and then motioned for me to sit down. They contained all the financial papers for Peggy and her deceased husband and James wanted me to sort through them and to prepare Peggy’s taxes. He said Peggy’s state of mind was so fragile that she’d never  be able to do it without breaking down. I sat there thinking about it for a bit and wondered why the tax preparer for James couldn’t do it... but didn’t say anything. When we went to get up James told me that he thought Peggy would be pleased that I was going to help her out. That made me feel good but all I could do was wonder was when I’d find the time to sort through the boxes.

We’d stayed far later than intended so Elle called home to tell Sandy. She told Elle not to worry as her husband, Johnnie, was attending some sort of meeting and she didn’t have to be home at a set time. We had to go back to the bank for me to get my car which made our arrival home even latter so Elle invited Sandy to stay for supper. She was a ‘fun” person and the kids had taken to her in a big way so they (and I) were pleased. When we finished Elle had me take the kids to the basement to play. That was a rare treat for them. Elle wanted some private time with Sandy to find out how her pregnancy was going. I wasn’t all that pleased with that but I hadn’t spent very much time with the kids since Christmas so I couldn’t really complain.

Going to bed, to make conversation, I asked how Sandy was doing. At first Elle was a bit reluctant to say much but that had become the “norm” for Elle when I asked about any of her freinds. However, she said that Sandy had told her something that she found to be very interesting. Sandy, in the course of being in the house all day, had seen the panties and sewing machine in the dining room and asked about them. Elle told her that Ginger had brought them over. Then Sandy told her that she’d just gone to a new doctor for her pregnancy and that in her examination the doctor had noticed she was wearing a pair of sanitary panties. Knowing that if she was pregnant she wouldn’t be needing them asked about it. Sandy then explained her dribble problem and showed the doctor the “dribble panties“ she was wearing. Initially, the doctor was concerned about the cause of her problem but then commented on the idea behind the panties and said she thought it was a good one. Before Sandy left the doctor told her the panties would be even better if the plastic panel from the sanitary panties was attached to them so she wouldn’t need to wear two pair of panties.

I was sitting on the side of the bed when Elle was telling me all of this. Even before she finished I went to the drawer where Elle kept her sanitary panties and pulled a pair out. I looked at the crotch for a bit and then headed downstairs. Elle had gotten the sewing kit out as well as all the supplies we’d used including the pattern for the crotch inserts and had then next to the sewing machine. I turned on the lights and then proceeded to take the french terry cloth material we’d been using and cut out a few inserts and laid them into the sanitary panty. Elle had followed me down a few minutes later and was watching as I worked. After I’d put the cut-outs into the crotch I had her take off the panties she was wearing and put the sanitary ones on. I asked her what she thought and she shook her head in a negative way saying that, at least for her, she didn’t like the feel of the plastic against her skin. By then it had gotten really late and we both had to work the next day so we headed back upstairs.  Once there I couldn’t sleep so, naturally, my thoughts went back to how to remedy Elle’s complaint about the sanitary panties we'd been working on. I came up with a few ideas but the problem was where to find the time to work on them what with all my other “projects”.

The first thing I did at work the next day was to call Donna to my desk. I’d had it in mind for a while but managed to put it off. She was true to form as she approached... flirty blinks of her eyelashes and the almost condescending smile. When she sat down in the side chair she sat way forward with only a part of her backside on the seat trying to get as close as she could. I remember her almost “gushing” with things to say about how nice Elle had looked when she’d stopped by the day before. Before I could say a word she asked where Elle had gotten her outfit. I really didn’t want to go there but told her it was at the new department store in town.

The primary reason for the meeting was to warn her about the upcoming “busy period“ and that she’d be waiting on almost as many people in a day as she had in a week. I didn’t want her to be overwhelmed. Other than making comments or ”asides“ about the policies of the bank and a haughty attitude towards the other tellers, she’d been accepted well by the depositors even garnering some positive feedback. A number of the Trustees had commented about how nice she was. Before she left my desk I told her I was concerned about that ”icy“ relationship with her co-workers and reminded her she was still in a probationary period. I really wasn’t surprised when I got more of the flowery talk and batted eyelashes as she walked away.

Later that morning Laura appeared at my desk. She had matured a lot from the super shy girl she'd been when she started. She'd adapted well to her role in the audit department and learned to be somewhat assertive when addressing other employees and officers when she was there on ”official business“. She was there to tell me that her audit of passbook loans had turned up the fact that some tellers hadn’t filled out all the necessary paperwork. There was no shyness or hesitation as she told me of the problem. I told her I'd get it corrected but as she was getting up from the chair she reverted back to the shy girl she’d been when she was hired. But, that’s what she did whenever she wanted to talk about anything other than official bank business.

I think I laughed when she asked where Elle had gotten the light blue pants suit. I could see that she took the laughter as being directed at her but I explained how Donna had just asked about the same thing only a short time before.  I got that misunderstanding squared away and gave her the information and I also told her that it was fairly expensive. I also remembered that Trish, after moving Laura to her new place, had commented that she really needed some new and updated clothes. Even as busy as I was I had the thought to possibly try to help her out as I’d done almost a year ago. However, this was not the time or place.

To be continued...        

2 comments:

badside said...

That must have been some outfit Elle wore! It's funny how women often check each other out like that, but most guys couldn't tell you what another guy had on.

Pantymaven said...

BS... you got that right!