Monday, January 26, 2015

APRIL... More of the same (Part 128c)

APRIL... More of the same (Part 128c)

I didn’t dwell on thoughts of Gina on my way home but I won’t deny they weren’t that far away. As I went about the errands I had to do on Saturday in preparation for the party that night I was puzzled by the gap in her employment. I finally came up with the idea to contact Mrs. K, my old boss at the County Civil Service office. Then, that thought triggered another and that was to also call my friend Jay who I’d worked with in the Data Processing department. In the short time I’d been involved with the hiring of people I’d learned that was one item to focus on regardless of how impressive the application appeared to be.

To reinforce that it was a party Elle greeted the guests herself and told each that there was to be no discussion about the school, the school board or the upcoming election and that they were there to have fun. The only one to sort of complain was Nanci. To me, that was a bit of a surprise. She seldom said much and was always in the background of what was taking place. Elle took her aside to ask what was wrong. After the last couple arrived Elle got everybody’s attention and said that she was going to break her own rule about not mentioning school. Then she proceeded to announce that Nanci had gotten a job at the school as secretary for the principal. It didn’t take much for the group  to understand the ramifications of that. It meant that the “group” would be somewhat privy to what was really going on inside the school and wouldn’t have to deal with rumors as much.

We were all still in the kitchen when this took place and after a few minutes Elle told everybody that it was time for fun and games and herded us into the living room. After a brief discussion it was decided to let Auriela, the newest member of the group, come up with a game for all to play. She called it “Telephone” or “Party Line” and asked that Elle and I get seven chairs and line them up down the middle of the room. She then asked all the men to take a seat and proceeded to explain the game. She handed Johnny, who had taken the first chair, a piece of paper and told him that when she gave him the “word” he would have thirty seconds to read and study it and then he had to discard it under his chair. Then he had to whisper into the ear of the person next to him what he’d just read. That person had to do the same and on down the line until the last person was told what was on the original paper. We were all facing the women with three of them sitting on the sofa. Going back to the original “group” parties I described the sofa as being one that sort of “swallowed up” the people sitting on it as the cushions were filled with down. Ginger had always taken a seat on the right hand side as you faced it and I just loved it. Wearing a short skirt there was no way for her to get up without showing her panties. I, unfortunately, was the last person in the row so I was the farthest from her and could only hope I’d get a peek at some time during the evening. Being the last one had another drawback as I had to be the one to stand up and tell everyone what had been passed on to me. What none of the guys knew was that Aurelia had given a copy of the original paper to each of the other women. I remember standing up and not saying more that a dozen words. I wasn’t even finished before the women were laughing almost uncontrollably. Neither I nor the other guys knew what was going on. I stood there feeling like a fool until Aurelia stood up and read from her paper.

The words on the paper were supposed to be from a man to his wife explaining why he wasn’t home because he’d been invited to go fishing. Somehow, between Johnny and I there were a lot of omissions and some additions. The one thing I do remember was saying something about a boat and a boat had never been mentioned in the original. In any case, after we realized what had transpired it was funny to us as well. As the women calmed down I noticed Ginger struggling to get off the sofa and looked down at Johnny. I was thinking that he was probably totally unaware of what was transpiring before him. I rationalized it by thinking that I knew what she was wearing anyway so it didn’t really matter.

Someone finally gave her a hand and pulled her up. I watched her make her way to the doorway and saw what appeared to be a small spot on the seat of her skirt. I quickly got Elle’s attention and told her what I’d seen and told her Ginger was in the bathroom. By then the other guys were clamoring for the women to play. Aurelia, since she’d made up the messages, to be fair took the first seat. The others quickly took seats with the exception of Elle and Ginger. Our house had something that I’d never seen before we bought it and that was cut-out at one end of the living room wall that allowed you to see when anyone went up or down the stairs. I saw Elle run up the stairs and come right back down. It was a few minutes before she returned and took a seat with Ginger following a minute or so later, apologizing as she took the last seat. I knew what was going on and I had a hard time keeping my “excitement” covered.

Patience is a virtue and with Ginger in the last seat I found myself in the perfect position to see the “magic triangle” as I was sitting on the floor only a foot away from her. I knew that Elle had probably run upstairs to get her a dry pair of panties and my guess was that they were “dribble panties”. Just before Aurelia started I made a comment to the guys that when Ginger got up to tell us the message that it would be longer than the original one that Aurelia had in her hand. I got some positive reinforcement from them as the women scoffed at the idea. As the message got passed on down the line the women who were waiting their turn to hear it would lean forward in their seats as if they might get to overhear something in passing. In Ginger’s case she did it in such a way as to give me a pretty wide look between her legs but I didn’t see what I’d expected to see. It took me a few seconds to realize that she was wearing a pair of sanitary panties with the plastic crotch.

The results of the game were the same with the added satisfaction that I’d been right. Ginger got up and told a short story. We all had a good laugh though. By then it was time for more refreshments and that’s when Elle bought out my birthday cake. She’d not told anybody about it at my request so it was a surprise to everybody. I’d been hoping for another game or two but it ended up with people telling about some of the absurd and strange things that they’d received over the years as birthday gifts. All in all it was a good evening of fun.

To be continued...           

1 comment:

badside said...

Sounds like it was a fun party. Too bad you didn't get to see Ginger the first time, or maybe that was a good thing! ;^)