Sunday, July 19, 2015

BRING ON SUMMER... and the heat (Part 134h)

BRING ON SUMMER... and the heat (Part134h)

As we were finishing up handing out the coolers I saw Hobie approaching and looking very concerned. He called for me to come over to where he’d stopped in the lobby. The telephone call he’d been on was telling him that his teen aged son had been hit by a car and was on his way to the hospital via ambulance. In past posts I’ve told of the bank’s participation in various Chamber of Commerce promotions. It was always a big sponsor of the 4th of July fireworks show. Hobie was the primary representative at meetings and functions with me filling in occasionally. Donors to the fireworks shows were rewarded with a choice viewing spot and reserved parking. Hobie had always taken his family but with his son’s condition in question he wanted to alert me that I should be prepared to go. The venue was at the town beach which was a perfect place from which to watch but with serious parking problems. That was the primary reason Elle and I never attended. A secondary one was that the girls weren’t all that fond of loud noises. I felt badly about his son and told him that I’d be there to represent the bank if he called. It was one of those mixed emotion deals... and I wasn’t sure how Elle would feel about it.

The cooler handout went well with most recipients appreciative of the gift. There were a few who declined so by the time everybody had left there were a few left over. I asked Bret if he was interested in another and he readily accepted. He’d heard Mala’s comment about them being a perfect diaper bag and he had another baby on the way. I took an extra one as well although I hoped it wouldn’t be for use with diapers. In a few of our recent sexual encounters we’d failed to use ‘protection’ so there was the lingering doubt until ‘that time of the month’ arrived.

I decided not to mention anything about the fireworks show to Elle, choosing to wait until I heard something from Hobie. When I was walking up to the house I heard music from over at Sabrina’s yard. Never knowing what to expect I made my way to the opening in the hedge. “Big B” was unloading things from the back of his father’s pick-up. There was a stove like contraption in the driveway in front of the truck. Then I saw Pete and Tom carrying a large table with the legs that fold up under it. I watched for about a minute when I heard the unmistakable voice of Sabrina calling to me. She wanted to know when we’d be over. I asked her “For what?”. Then she realized I hadn’t yet seen Elle.

She was hosting a “lobster party” and “B” was the cook. He was amazing and it sometimes seemed like there wasn’t anything he wasn’t capable of. Sabrina told me that she’d spoken to Elle about it but didn’t really get an answer from her. I told her I’d find out and would probably be back. Walking into the house I could hear Elle on the phone. It was Hobie. His son was in the ICU with multiple broken ribs, broken leg and fractured wrist. He didn’t have to say anything more... I knew I was now going to the fireworks show the next night. I still didn’t say anything to Elle, wanting to know about the lobster party next door. She hadn’t said “yes” because of the kids. She knew it was much to short a notice to get her mother to take them but hadn’t said “no” thinking I’d probably want to go.

I did. I’d never turn down a free lobster meal. I stayed home while the kids ate their supper and then headed next door. By then there were two big steaming pots on the stove, two tables, a tub with a quarter keg of beer and about a dozen people. I recognized the “unmarried’s” crew as well as Jon’s (the milkman) sister, Leigh, and my brother. Martin, of course, was there as he and Sabrina were a confirmed twosome. Bebe, Pete’s girlfriend, was also there. However, there were four women I’d never seen before. All the people I knew were dressed very casually but the four of them looked like they were dressed for a formal lawn party. Sabrina grabbed hold of my arm and dragged me over to the women to introduce me. They were some of the writers that she had hoped to connect with during the Summer. It took me but seconds to see just what ‘phonies’ they were. Self promoting pseudo sophisticates is how I tabbed them. The one older woman, when telling me her name, held out her hand and it felt like a damp washcloth. She informed me that Sabrina was a “bright light” in an otherwise dim literary world. Of course, Sabrina ate that up and thanked her profusely. All I knew was that I didn’t want any part of them. Just give me my lobster and I’d be happy.

Pete and Bebe got me up to speed on Sabrina and Martin. Now with a car, he was driving out in mid week to see her. Pete winked and I took it to mean he was staying at her house when he did. I did know he was staying with his parents on the weekends and, with a smile, wondered what was happening that night. Right from the time I’d first met Bebe I’d wondered how she was able to get off from work like she did what with her parents owning the restaurant where she worked. When I asked she laughed. With a twinkle in her eyes she answered that she was “Daddy’s girl”. She went on to say, in a much more serious tone, that she worked in the mornings by cleaning up from the night before and then through lunch as a waitress. For the evening’s seating her parents had basically the same crew of servers for years and they didn’t want to make a change to slot in Bebe. She said she liked it because she had most of her evenings free. With that she smiled and turned both her palms up signifying that was why she was able to be there.

I avoided Sabrina's guests as best I could spending some time with “B”. As I’ve posted before, “B” was an over the road salesman for a boating supply company calling on large marinas. However, he also had a bit of a side business selling the same stuff at a discount to his friends. One of them was a lobsterman and, from time to time, “B” took lobsters in lieu of money. It was a bit too early for corn to be in season so it was store bought salads for the accompaniments. By the time it came to cook the lobsters the unmarrieds were well into the suds, especially Tom. Of them all, he was probably the funniest and, with a supply of beer, he became the entertainment. Not far behind him was Leigh. At one point she fell off the table she was sitting on which was also funny.

To me, the funniest scene was watching Sabrina fawn all over her four guests, especially the older woman. Even though I only heard partial conversations I could recognize most of it as pure bull. Even though it was none of my business I felt badly for her. I had no idea if she had any talent but they were just laying it on her and she was eating it up.

During the evening I got talking to “B” about using his sailboat. I knew it was OK during the week when he was on the road but I just wanted to confirm it. Sabrina overheard us and asked when I was going to take her sailing. I’d forgotten about mentioning it to her so it caught me by surprise. Not wanting to commit to a specific date I told her I’d call.

None of Sabrina’s four ‘guests’ held any interest for me as far as panty peeks were concerned. Jon’s sister had on a short skirt but not really a mini. Bebe was wearing khaki shorts but had on what appeared to be a man’s shirt with the sleeves cut off and the tails tied in front. When talking with her I’d tried to position myself so that I’d get either a DP (down pants) or VPL (visible pants line) but was unsuccessful. Sabrina was wearing a sun dress but I was pretty sure there was no slip with it. I saw a nice silhouette when she was in the sun but I couldn’t see her panties. It was around 10:30pm when I started to get bored and made the rounds saying my “good nights”. I’d pretty much ignored Jon’s sister, Leigh, but as I turned towards the opening in the hedge I saw her fall and roll onto her back. She wasn’t more than 10 feet away and, even with the poor light from the porch I was able to see a somewhat familiar crotch design... the diamond shape of Sans Soucie panties. I went over to help her up and ended up getting a confirming view. The problem was that she was so drunk she couldn’t stand up by herself. I didn’t know what to do with her. “B” saw me and came to my rescue. He picked her up like she was a feather and took her over to an Adirondack chair. I quickly ducked through the hedge and the safety of home.  

To be continued...

No comments: