Thursday, July 23, 2015

HOT, HOT, HOT... in many ways (Part 135a)

HOT, HOT, HOT... in many ways (Part 135a)

We ended up having supper with Elle’s parents. Her mother was jealous of any time our kids spent with my mother even though she saw them at least three times a week. In any case, we had to go home to shower and change before heading for the fireworks show. Choosing what to wear was a bit of a problem because it would definitely get cooler by the water after the sun went down. I’ve always been a mosquito magnet so I decided to wear a pair of slacks for protection. Elle wasn’t sure just what to do. Finally she chose white knit slacks and a tank top but took a long sleeve one for later. The real discussion came with a panty choice. She wasn't willing to forgo her dribble panties because I couldn't guarantee that we’d be home within her basic two hour window. I told her that it was entirely up to her and then she surprised me by adding a second pair but without a pair of sanitary panties.

The show was scheduled to start at dusk, somewhere around 9:15pm. However, the sponsors representatives were supposed to be there at 9pm to get recognition. One of the ‘perks’ for being a sponsor was there was reserved parking as well as a cordoned off viewing area for them. The reason the Town Beach was chosen as the site was that it was the one area the township owned where the fall-out from the explosives would do the least damage. Parking on the grounds was a problem but the town, for this one event, allowed parking along the sides of the road leading to the beach itself. There were also limited rest room facilities so to offset that two banks of porta-potties were brought in... one on the east side of the parking lot and one on the right.

We couldn’t believe how far down the road cars were parked... in both directions. It took a while to get to the parking lot entrance even though it was almost an hour before the first shot went up. Fortunately, the police chief was directing traffic at that spot. He knew who I was and allowed me to enter. Sure enough, there was an area set aside marked ‘Sponsors’ and I pulled right in. The area set aside for viewing was on a small sand dune across the back of that parking area. It was perfect. I could see the rows of explosives from there. We brought our folding chairs but some of the others who’d arrived before us had spread blankets or towels right on the sand. Still warm, there was just a slight breeze blowing in the opposite direction of where we were located. The best of all worlds because we wouldn’t be getting any of the smoke.

I had to go through the introductions of all the sponsors. I don’t think anyone paid any attention to us at all. I’d suggested that Elle might want to use the porta potty before it got dark but she declined. I knew she hated them with a passion but asked anyway. The fireworks show was to take but a half hour and withe the 9:15pm start was sure we'd be home by 10:30pm, Elle's 'witching hour'. We really got into the show because it had been many years since we’d seen live fireworks and there were a lot that we’d never seen before. It was about ten minutes into the show when right in front of us there was this loud explosion and it wasn’t one of the displays going up. As I mentioned before, we could see the rows of tubes from which they were launched. I could see three forms, men darting about in the darkness with flares used to light the fireworks. But just about the time of the explosion I only saw one of them. Within a matter of seconds there were many explosions and none of them in the air. Then the whole launch area seemed to be on fire and pandemonium broke out.

There were two fire trucks there more to put out any brush fires that might’ve started due to falling debris than to contain a conflagration like what Elle and I were witnessing. With all the cars stuffed into the parking lot and now, with people in panic mode, it was almost impossible for them to make their way to the carnage. From our preferred view, it didn’t look like the spectators were in danger as the explosives were quite a ways from them. The sponsors area was closest and I could see that the tubes that had been knocked over and were exploding were facing away from us and towards the water. However, my words to Elle, trying to explain that we were safe, fell on deaf ears. I knew some of of the other sponsors, at least the males, and the ones nearest us felt the same as I. We knew it was useless to go to our cars as the parking lot wasn’t moving... in any direction, but the women were scared.

After the explosions stopped and there was only fire I got Elle calmed down enough to sit back down. It took the firemen at least 20 minutes to get close enough to even start to put water on what was left. We ended up joining two other couples who had witnessed the same thing and agreed that none of us had ever seen anything like this before. As much fire as there was I honestly never felt much heat. That was because the wind was blowing it, and the smoke, in the other direction.

It was close to 11pm before we (the three couples) were ready to start towards our cars. When I indicated to Elle that we were leaving she grabbed my arm and told me she couldn’t get up. With all that had been going on I never once gave her ‘problem’ a thought. She pulled me down to whisper in my ear and said that she was wet and didn’t want the others to see her. I made some excuse to them and hung back for a minute or two. When Elle stood up it was obvious, even in the darkness, that she wasn’t kidding. The dribble panties and knit pants she had on had held most of her pee and with the wicking action of the liquid it had spread all across her backside.

One look at her when we got into our kitchen told me that I just had to get a picture... no matter what it cost me. She was tired and, thankfully, didn’t want to argue. She agreed but with one caveat... it was to be of her pants only. At that point I didn’t care. I just wanted a picture. As I’ve written, I’d decided to keep the camera in the hall closet so it took but a few seconds to get it. I was nervous and fumbled getting the bellows to open and that’s when she told me she was counting to ten. Whew!
                                                 

After the picture she made straight for the bathroom. But, as I’ve been writing, there had been a change in Elle’s attitude and been much more liberal about pictures and when she came out she had a half smile on her face and her wet slacks in her hand. She handed them to me and told me the price of the picture was for me to wash them. Then she headed up the stairs. It was a small price to pay.

To be continued...  

3 comments:

oldblue said...

Really been enjoying the pictures and the stories of the recent posts. Just to lazy to comment recently, but keep up the hard work that doing this entails. I would not have the drive to write one page let alone the volume of work you have accomplished. I truly appreciate your efforts on the behalf of us lazy lurkers.

badside said...

Good thing the tubes didn't fall pointing towards you! Sounds like quite the spectacle with the bonus being Elle's wet pants at the end!

Pantymaven said...

OB... Thanks for the comments! I miss not seeing your insights and hope you reconsider.

BS... See the next post...