Thursday, March 10, 2016

TRANSITIONING... to Autumn (Part 141b)

TRANSITIONING...  to Autumn (Part 141b)

Since I’d been late in arriving, we were running behind. When Bruce and Albie came in to check on us we were both surprised to find that it was after 5pm. There was a lot more that I needed to be exposed to before the next day and Bruce asked Grace if she was willing to stay a little longer to try and get me caught up. As I described her earlier, she had an easy way about her and willingly agreed to stay as long as I was willing. Then, Bruce asked where I was staying. That was a shock. I’d figured on driving in and back both days. When I told them that they said it was a waste of precious time and that I should stay over. I’d told Elle that I’d be home but didn’t know at what time. The first thing I knew Grace was offering to put me up for the night. She explained that her home was known as ”Gracie’s rooming house“ and got a laugh from both Bruce and Alfie. I took it to mean that she’d done this sort of thing before. I protested at first saying I didn’t have a change of clothes or toothbrush but it was no use.

Alfie offered to get something to eat and I called Elle. She wasn’t happy at all! Since we bought the house she’d never slept there alone.It wasn’t long after that before we were back to the task at hand... exposing me to all the nuances of data transmission. It was well after 7pm when Gracie finally had had enough noting that I wasn’t focusing. She was right. I’d been up since 5:30am and it had been a long day. Gracie and I’d only chatted briefly and I really didn’t know much about her. As we shut everything down she told me her husband was a construction foreman and that she had one son in college. I’d be sleeping in his room as he’d just returned to school. I asked how often she did this and she just laughed. There were no motels in the area and the only hotel was 5 star and didn’t take walk-in guests. She went on to explain that she had an ‘arrangement’ with her ‘bosses’ and would get her ‘reward’ in the form of bonuses. It sounded good to me.

She lived within minutes of the operations center and when we got there her husband had the grill fired up and we ate again. It turned out to be an interesting evening. When I told them where I lived they got excited. Their son had spent a few weekends there visiting a friend. The friend’s family was their neighbor, just a few doors down. I almost couldn’t believe it because I knew them. They insisted on calling them up but no one answered. Another case of it being a small world.

By 10pm I was yawning and fighting to stay awake so Gracie showed me to her son’s room. It was very obvious that he was an athlete based upon the pictures, trophies and awards scattered around the room and on the walls. Gracie hadn’t given much in the way of background only saying that he wanted to be an architect. She supplied me with towels and even a new toothbrush and telling me that she’d knock on the door at 7am. She wanted to be at work by 8:30am.

I didn’t know what the ‘arrangement’ with Bruce and Alfie was but as I lay there in bed started thinking of something I could get for her as a thank you. Even though I was in a strange bed I was asleep in no time at all. The next thing I knew I heard a truck starting up outside my window. I looked at my watch and saw it was 6am. I couldn’t go back to sleep so decided to go take my shower. As soon as I opened the door I could smell bacon. I followed the smell to the kitchen and saw Gracie in a light cotton housecoat at the stove. I startled her when I said ”Good morning.“ She turned towards me and as she did I could see the housecoat wasn’t buttoned... and I got a quick glimpse of her panties. It wasn’t long enough to get a real look at them but I thought I saw a some sort of print across the front of them. She quickly closed the coat and offered me breakfast. I couldn’t remember the last time I’d had bacon and eggs. Because of the mess that frying bacon made Elle had stopped cooking it. Gracie told me that she made them for her husband every morning. I remember telling her that he was a lucky man. While we ate she asked me if I’d had a train set when I was a boy. The answer was yes and she smiled. I wondered why but didn’t have to wait long to find out why.

She pointed to a door and told me to go down the stairs while she showered and dressed. I turned on the light and was halfway down the stairs when i saw something that, to me, was unbelievable. It was a colossal model train layout that covered over half the space of the basement. When I was about 12 my father had taken me into the city to see a Lionel model train display. That was the only one bigger than the one I was staring at. I don’t remember but I’d be willing to bet that my mouth was hanging open as I walked up to and around it. He had everything... miniature people, realistic looking trees, roads and buildings. The last part really intrigued me as the ones I had were all plastic and looked it. He’d built a small raised platform to operate it all from and I saw three transformers as well as other controls. I walked over and up on to it. I could see the whole layout and as stood there I wished that I’d known about it the night before.

When I turned to get down I saw a washer and dryer under the stairs. I started to climb the steps and as I did I could some clothes piled on top of them. I backed down the stairs and ducked under them. I summoned the nerve to take a quick look and was I ever glad I did! I quickly found confirmation of what I thought I’d seen the night before when I got a look at Gracie’s panties when she was showing me the ‘guts’ to the teller machine. The dimples I thought I’d seen were... dimples... and the whole pantie was covered with them. The material appeared to be cotton but I wasn’t sure because of the way the ‘dimples’ made them feel. On top of that I saw that the front panel was embroidered with small colored flowers. I hadn't been wrong earlier. I’d never seen any like them. I made a swipe with my hand through the pile and found three more pair. I pushed them back into the pile but I balled up the pair I’d been looking at and stuffed them into my pocket. When I got to the top step I was sticky with perspiration and glad I hadn’t showered yet.
                               
'Dimple' panties

'Dimples' up close

I waited for a few minutes before Gracie reappeared. It only took a few minutes for me to shower and get fully dressed. In the bathroom I got to look closely at the panties and was disappointed that there was no label. It was clear that they’d been worn. There was a fair amount of discharge in the crotch and a touch of a ‘skid mark’ as well. I folded them up, put them in my pants pocket and took my shower. The whole time I was in there my heart was beating like a jackhammer. I wondered how I'd be during the day with Gracie
so near.

To be continued...



5 comments:

oldblue said...

RISK is your middle name, perhaps your first also.

Pantymaven said...

OB... Where would we be today if some of us didn't take risks? :-)

badside said...

Is that what they call tricot cotton? Wish you had a pic of the train setup sounds amazing. Wonder if Gracie ever missed her panties.

Pantymaven said...

BS... No... I have no idea what it was called. The strange thing about them is that I've never seen any like it since.
On the trains, my real regret was that I never saw them in operation. He had three different layouts integrated together and from what I could make out he was able to operate all three at the same time. On the last question...

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if when you said you didn't have other things for An overnight, you'd tell her your need a pair of her underwear to get you through the next day.
The bacon sounded great. Those dimpled panties, even better.
sara