Wednesday, March 30, 2016

TRANSITIONING... to Autumn (Part 141k)

TRANSITIONING... to Autumn (Part 141k)

It was a pleasant surprise to find Elle in a good mood when I walked into the kitchen. In fact she was excited... almost giddy. I knew something had happened and it must’ve been good. The kids were eating and she shuffled me into the den to explain. When the older girls left for school they’d let one of the kittens out (Long story... don’t ask!). She ran out to see which way it had run and saw it in the opening in the hedge between our house and the neighbor’s. She had a weird smile as she continued. She said all she had on was her short nightie top and her short Summer robe. (I always liked it because it was supposed to have a tie type belt that had gotten misplaced some time ago. I also liked it because, even though it was cotton. it was almost transparent.) She said she slowly made her way in that direction. Just as she got to the opening the kitten darted away but she ducked through the hedge just to see where it was headed. Once on the other side she was shocked to see the principal at the foot of the steps to their kitchen... staring at her. Elle said she froze for a second before turning to return to our yard. But the principal yelled at her to stop. She did and turned around to see him headed in her direction. She said she was trying to get as covered as much she could as he walked up to her and boldly asked if she was ready to teach. She said she didn’t know if he was talking about right away or just what he had in mind so didn't say anything. It turned out that it was for the next two days. After a few seconds she told him she was and as soon as she gave him her answer he turned and walked away.

At this point she was laughing. She went on to say that as soon as she got back in the house she went into the bathroom to see what she looked like. She couldn’t believe she'd been talking to what could be considered her boss looking like she did. I just had to ask... was she dry? She laughed again and her answer was “Hardly!” I’m smiling as I write this trying to imagine what had gone through her mind dressed and looking like she did.

In any case, the incident got me off the 'hook' without much damage. I’d called to tell her I’d probably be late so that was a plus. I asked who was going to look after Kaye while she was teaching and she said she didn’t yet know. Her mother was committed for the next day and both Aurelia and Ginger said they couldn’t. There was no way I could do it so I was of no help... at least at that moment. Jean came into the room and asked if she could go next door for a few minutes to see Barbara. It was cooling off fast by then so Elle told her to put on slacks and a sweater. Elle then warmed up my supper while I looked at the newspaper. Within minutes I saw Jean and Barbara go past the window and heard the door open. It was the first time I’d actually seen Barbara since the incident at the sailing club. She was a bit shy when she saw me but, as I looked at her it came to me that she was the answer to Elle’s dilemma.. at least her mother was. I remembered that she was running a day care at the church.

After a visit over to her house it was worked out. When Elle had expressed the fear that with Kaye being so shy she might be a problem Phyllis suggested that she bring her right over so thy could get acquainted. I was watching TV when all of them returned. I motioned to Elle with my thumb to see how it went. She turned her thumb straight up. Another problem solved. I just wished the one at the bank could be solved as easily.

Elle was still in a good mood when we went upstairs to bed but wasn’t interested in any ‘wet play’. She was still talkative which gave me the opportunity to ask about the panties she’d loaned Barbara. She hated it when I brought up the subject of what kind of panties other women wore. But, as I said, she was still in a good mood and excited about the next day so all I got was a ‘look’ and the question as to why I wanted to know. My memory tells me I came up with something stupid like I wanted to be sure she hadn’t given her a pair of her stained panties. That brought forth another ‘look’ but she quickly replied that it had been a pair of her “fancy panties“ because they weren’t all stained. I gave a quick thought to asking which ones but thought better of it. In bed I couldn’t help but wonder what Barbara thought about wearing nylon rather than cotton. 

Even though it would be a week before the full Board meeting and the final decision as to when the conversion would occur I couldn’t stop thinking about talking with Gina. By lunch time I pretty much decided to approach her to set up a time and place. I gravitated to the bowling alley where we’d last met because it was outside of town and in a direction that few, if any, employees lived. I was trying to come up with a way to approach her that wouldn't bring attention to either of us when I saw Moira headed towards the back door. I was fairly sure she was on her way to meet with Gee the Board member who was an attorney. She was almost to the vestibule by the time I made my way through the gate to where Bret, Hobie and I worked. I wanted to catch up with her to offer support. She was waiting to cross the street to the municipal parking lot when I caught up with her. She was surprised to see me at her side but she immediately started in to thank me all over again. I wasn’t sure for what but it was appreciated. I asked if she’d share the results of her meeting when she returned and she readily agreed.

The last person I expected to see walking out the back door was Gina. She saw me and made a direct line to me. This was a bit funny in that, while in the bank building, we both were very businesslike. The look on her face was the one that I’d hired... smiling and at ease. She called me ”stranger“ as she walked up and I laughed. It was the perfect opportunity to suggest we talk. I got an immediate frown when I proposed it but when I told her it wouldn't be bad the smile returned. I told her that I’d be there around 5:15pm and she continued on her way.

I didn’t see Moira return but got a telephone call from her a little after 1pm. I could hear ‘hope’ in her voice. She didn’t go into much detail but thanked me for introducing Gee to her and said she’d catch up with me as soon as she heard from him. I was a bit intrigued. I was at a total loss for how divorces worked as I didn’t know anybody who’d gone through one. I figured I’d learn from her experience.     

To be continued...      

2 comments:

oldblue said...

I hope your kindness in helping these ladies out does not result in a bit on the ass, as often happens with good deeds.

Pantymaven said...

OB... You ought to know me by now... living on the edge... :-)