Wednesday, July 06, 2016

FINISHING OUT THE YEAR... Gina (cont.) Part 144c)

FINISHING OUT THE YEAR... Gina (cont.) (Part 144c)

I remember Monday as being especially hectic with a lot of lobby traffic. Mondays usually were busy, what with the bank being closed for two days, but on this Monday it was the added pressure of the bank being closed the next day for election day and people wanting to have enough cash to hold them over. Reluctantly, I had to have Gina open her teller station and forego any training or inputting. Cara was open but starting at around 10am she had the burden of exposing Peggy to the work of a teller and that cut back on her productivity. As I remember it the first time Gina was able to get back to the project was after lunch. By the end of the day very little progress had been made with the name and addresses. Before leaving, Bret and I went over our plan of attack for the next day with Gina. Bret agreed to be there at 8am and I’d arrive around noon. Bret was to order sandwiches from the luncheonette across the street and I’d pick them up on the way in. Gina was ‘primed’ and looking forward to showing us just how much she could do without interruptions.

Elle was less than supportive to my working that day. I’m not sure if it was at this juncture that she voiced a complaint that I liked my work more than her and the kids but I do know she was displeased. It did bother me a bit that she didn’t have any plans for me and the family and yet felt that I was depriving her of something she wanted.

Bret had decided not to partake of lunch as he wanted to get home so his wife could get to work. She was a nurse but was no longer working at the hospital deciding that doing private care nursing gave her more flexibility now that she had kids. As I walked up to Gina and the machine she was wanting to show me how many addressograph plates she’d processed. It was easily as many as she’d processed during the previous week. As far as I was concerned she had proven her point. I’d hoped for a little ‘small talk’ with her while we ate but she was more interested in sharing another idea that would boost productivity. The regular teller windows all had pull out seats for the tellers if they desired to use them. There was nothing for Gina or whoever was working at the other machine to sit on. She suggested that having something would boost productivity and asked if I could purchase a couple. A while back I’d been working in the basement trying to and create more storage space and had unearthed a whole bunch of dated furniture. I’d been told it was from the building the bank had occupied prior to building the present one. That meant it was at least 40 or more years old but, other than being out of style, it was functional. I’d seen some old high stools with wicker seats that had probably been what the tellers used back in the 20’s and immediately thought about them. I left Gina and headed for the basement.

There were six in all and I found that two of them still had their wicker seats intact. I took one upstairs and showed it to Gina and, other than a quick laugh of derision, she said it would suffice. It was a little on the short side but a phone book and a cushion I 'borrowed' from Liz, the auditor, had her in good shape. As she ooched her way up onto it I finally made notice of what she was wearing. I guess the name for her style of pants was “Farmer Johns” with a bib in the front and straps up over her shoulders. After just a day of working with the metal plates it was obvious that they were dirty and I’d gone next door to the W.T. Grant store and bought some aprons. But, for working that day I’d told Gina to dress comfortably... and she sure looked it. They weren’t fitted at the waist but Gina was wearing a knit top that barely made it down into the body of the garment. When she was standing I couldn’t see anything but, now ,sitting... it was a whole different view. At first I could see some flesh and wondered if, over time, she might move around enough to expose a little more. I knew I’d make her uncomfortable just standing there and I did have month end personnel reports to work on. However, at my desk my eyes kept looking up to her sitting on the stool. When she took a bathroom break I chose to get up myself to go over and see her progress. I’m sure I made a positive comment to her and then stepped back as she made her way back onto the stool. My patience was rewarded!.

Even though the pants weren’t gathered or tight at the waist there were two buttons on each side and, one of them had become unbuttoned. As she settled back in to her work the opening that was created was like an egg in shape and I could see the side of what I was sure were bikini panties all the way from the leg elastic almost to the waist elastic. Stupidly, I just stood there gawking. When I didn’t move for a few seconds she turned in my direction and caught where my eyes were directed. I know I went beet red immediately. But Gina started laughing. I don’t remember the words she used but it was some sort of smart-assed remark about my being a “panty man”... again. Not knowing just how to take it, I apologized and I remember her laughing some more. She put an end to it by saying she wanted to get back to work and that maybe we could talk a bit about it, later. I didn’t have any idea what she meant about “it” and hoped it wasn’t going to be more embarrassment for me.
                           
Farmer John's... certainly NOT Gina but you should get the general idea of what I saw




After her success in the morning she’d set a goal for herself of being able to finish off the tray she’d been working on. I heard a bit of a happy cry and looked up to see her standing by the machine with her hands in the air. I took it to mean she’d made her goal so I went over to congratulate her. Approaching, I could see that not only hadn’t she re-buttoned the side opening of the pants but the one above that one was unbuttoned as well. The opening was now in the shape of a “V” and I could clearly see from the waist elastic of her panties to just below the leg elastic. I knew she was following my eyes and when I looked up at her she had that wicked smile that she’d given me before on a few occasions.

To be continued...

2 comments:

oldblue said...

Gotta love that kid.
With my previous wife it was "you are never home when I need you", but when I was home all she needed was someone to blame for all of her troubles.
They are called Bib Overalls by the way, standard wear for farmers and railroad men.

Pantymaven said...

OB... You're right about the pants, BUT... no female who has an ounce of fashion sense would ever admit to wearing "Bib Overalls". The fashionistas had to come up with something acceptable to them and "Farmer Johns" was it. Along those same lines... The "clam diggers" that Elle wore back when we were dating suddenly became "Capri's" a few years ago. Same style... same look... new name. The wonderful world of fashion... NOT!