Monday, September 26, 2016

ANOTHER YEAR... with new adventures (Part 151b)

ANOTHER YEAR... new adventures (Part 151b)

The call to Elle was ‘interesting’, if you call silence interesting. When she finally did speak it was to say, rather curtly, don’t expect me to feed either of us. With that as a warning I suggested that we eat at one of the restaurants that the driver of my first racecars owned and ran. I chose the one right down the street from the bank so it was on the way home. Cliff had pictures of those racecars in the vestibule and when I showed them to Gracie she admitted to having gone to races right near where she grew up. It was a nice diversion to talk about things other than bank related.

We got to the house a little after 8pm. I noticed that the lights were on in the girl’s bedrooms so once inside I knew where to go to find Elle. She’d just finished overseeing the older girls baths and was laying out their school clothes for the next day. I could see that the spare bed in Anne’s room had been turned down. When Gracie had stayed the last time that was where she slept with Anne moving back into Jean’s room for the night. The girls were just about ready to climb in so I went to give them kisses goodnight. When I bent down to kiss jean she whispered to me ”Mommy is really mad at you.“  I didn’t need to be told because the silent treatment was in full force.

I’d left Gracie downstairs in the den when I went looking for Elle. I was able to get her to look at me so I could plead with her to be nice to Gracie. She wouldn’t let me explain but I did get it out that it was really, really important. Returning downstairs, I explained how the next day was Elle’s first day in an extended substitute teaching job and that she would be going to bed early. I apologized for her in advance. That’s when Gracie looked at me as if to say ”You lied!“. I don’t remember if I said anything but I do remember Elle coming downstairs and sitting with us for a few minutes. She explained to Gracie that she and the girls would be leaving the next morning around 7:45am and asked if she could hold off on her shower until they were all done using the bathrooms. She went on to say that towels would be on the end of the bed she slept in the last time. As Elle got up to leave Gracie, sheepishly, asked if Elle would let her borrow a nightie to sleep in. Elle didn’t say anything as she got up to leave the room but I heard her call from the stairs that it would be on the bed.

Gracie was upset that Elle was upset but I assured her that it would pass. I told her that she was nervous about the teaching job because she’d had little time to prepare for it. All Gracie would say was that I should’ve told her that it wasn’t really a good time for her to be staying over. We watched some TV and after a while Gracie said she’d be turning in. I told her we’d try to leave around 8:15am so as to be at the bank by 8:45am. I also told her I’d knock on her door when the bathrooms were free and said ”Good night.“  She gave me a ‘knowing’ look that said she was appreciative but not pleased.

Elle wanted no part of conversation from me when she got up. As usual, the older girls dallied when using the bathroom. Because of that when Elle headed down the stairs she told me it would be up to me to get Kaye washed up and dressed to go to Phyliss’ day care. I concentrated on that and didn’t get to see her or the girls leave. While in the bathroom with Kaye I heard Gracie sneezing... a lot. When I came out I knocked on her door and asked if she was OK. I got a muffled reply that I didn’t understand and continued down the hall to dress Kaye. While doing that I got a glimpse of Gracie headed down the stairs for her shower. I’d taken mine as soon as I got up and while Elle was rousing the girls so I was dressed. I looked at my watch and saw there was time for a quick breakfast for us and while I was getting it ready I saw Gracie, a towel wrapped around her, heading across the kitchen floor towards me. I asked if everything was OK and she shook her head. With time running out that wasn't what I needed to hear.

Her face was all red but I thought it was from the hot water in the shower. As she started to speak I could hear from her hesitating voice that it was more from embarrassment. She started to ask a question but stopped. Looking aside, she asked if I’d do her a BIG favor. By now Kaye was eating her pop tart and not paying attention to us. I had no idea what kind of a favor Gracie would be asking draped in only a towel. The exact words are long gone but what she asked was if I could find a pair of panties for her to wear. I’d love to see a picture of the look on my face after I’d heard that.

It took a few seconds for me to fully comprehend her request and to answer. The reason for the hesitation was two fold... not believing what I just heard and... the desire to ask why. Of course I said I’d find a pair for her but told her I’d be upstairs in just a minute as I had to adjust a part of my anatomy first. On my way up I was trying to decide which panties I should give her. When I got to Elle’s panty drawer I knew I had to give her a fairly new pair. Opening the drawer a couple of things jumped out at me. Elle kept her cotton panties on the left hand side with the Carter’s Spanky Pants with the band legs that she wore at night right in front. They were stacked two wide and two deep with the newer and pretty much unstained ones in the back. All the others were nylon with the fancy panties that she wouldn’t wear stacked in the back on the right hand side. As I looked in I remembered the panties I’d taken from Gracie’s cellar. They were like no others I’d ever seen because they were lightly puckerd and seemed like they were cotton. I stood there and wondered if I should ask her if she preferred cotton to nylon. I hesitated for a few seconds before stepping out in the hall and calling to her. By the time she answered I pretty much figured she’d choose cotton and I was right.

Back at the panty drawer I went through the newer cotton ones looking for an unstained pair. I found a pair of the last Carter’s Spanky Pants I’d bought. They were different than most of the ones Elle had as the crotch was longer from front to back. They looked like they hadn’t been worn and grabbed them and headed for Gracie’s door. She was dressed and had the door open. I handed them to her but she didn’t look at me. As she shut the door I asked if she wanted anything to eat. I heard her say she’d rather have coffee which was something neither Elle nor I drank. I called back that we could stop on the way and made my way back to Kaye. Needless to say I was excited and hopeful I’d find out why she needed them.
                           
Like the panties I gave to Gracie


To be continued...

2 comments:

oldblue said...

Well she got a pair back for the purloined ones, how's that for justice.

Pantymaven said...

OB... Until you wrote that I'd never given it a thought. But... keep reading...