Saturday, September 17, 2016

FINISHING OUT THE YEAR... Sabrina/Martin (Part 149e)

FINISHING OUT THE YEAR... Sabrina/Martin (Part 149e)

Carol had to reintroduce her mother to Elle as it had been a while since they’d seen each other. Once past that the doctor asked Elle how she was doing noting that she hadn’t heard anything from Elle since the follow-up after the procedure she’d done for her. Elle acknowledged that she’d seen improvement in her incontinence and that her continuing problem was more of time management rather than physical. I just sat there looking at my watch, wanting to get on the road home. Then I heard Elle ask the doctor if she could ask a question and wondered if it was proper to do so in a social situation. When Carol’s mother said it was OK I wanted to hear just what it was as she’d not complained at home.

As soon as I heard it I was a bit surprised as it had to do with her ’dribbles’. Since we’d made up the ‘dribble panties’ I couldn’t remember hearing her complain. It turned out that it was more of a ‘technical’ question than a ”what can I do about it?“ question. She wanted to know why, after she used the toilet and had pulled up her panties, she would ‘dribble’. The doctor, without hesitating, explained that some of the scar tissue from when Elle had her serious bladder infection was also in her urethra and had been impossible to get out. When Elle was sitting on the toilet the tube that is the urethra isn’t really fully vertical but is at an angle. When standing up it would then become fully vertical and the pee caught in the folds of the scar tissue would make it’s way down and into her panties. Then it got interesting when she asked what Elle did about it. She was obviously a bit embarrassed and only half heartedly answered. I still can’t tell you why I jumped in and said that Elle had made up special panties to hold it. I definitely remember the doctor leaning forward and asking Elle about them.

I knew Elle was wearing a pair of them but also knew she wasn’t going to show them to the doctor. Elle explained that she (she was nice and didn’t include me) added some thick cotton to the crotch area of some of her panties. I thought she was going to stop there but, after hesitating for a few seconds, did add that she wore a pair of sanitary panties over them to protect her clothes if the dribble turned out to be substantial. I thought the conversation would end there but the doctor asked if Elle could send her a pair so she could understand what she was talking about. Before Elle could answer I  spoke up and said there was a pair out in our vehicle. Elle shot me a look that if it was knives would’ve carved me up in little pieces. I hesitated before getting up and heading for the door.

I was about to open it when in walked Buddy. He didn’t recognize the station wagon and had no idea who it belonged to. He was excited to see me and wanted to know what brought me (us) to visit. I told him I had to get something and would be right back. The panties were still in the bag now on the front seat. I grabbed it and headed back only to meet Buddy headed back outside. He’d gotten their Christmas tree and had the tree stand in his hands. He invited me to give him a hand in getting it set up so all I did was hand the bag to Elle and went on back out. In a way I didn’t want to because I really wanted to hear what the doctor thought about the ‘dribble panties’.

By the time Buddy and I came inside it was almost dark. As much as I would’ve liked to have stayed (Carol invited us for supper) I’d wanted to be home by then. We absolutely had to to pick the kids up from Elle’s mother by 8pm. I made the usual promise that we’d get together sometime later in the Winter as we headed out the door. The problem with that was we’d said it a number of times in the past and still hadn’t followed through on it.

There was a lot to talk about on the trip home. Of course I wanted to hear what Carol’s mother had to say about the panties. When Elle told me that she thought it was a good idea I remember getting a bit upset when I thought back to when I showed them to my friend Willy (who also knew Buddy from our sailing Summers) and he’d showed no interest. It wasn’t to rub it in but Elle added that the doctor thought that if the plastic panel from the crotch of the sanitary panties could be added it would make a useful product.

To change the subject I brought up what Lisa’s father had told me about the house next door and that the family hadn’t picked up the option to buy it. She had the same reaction I did when I’d heard it and she wondered why they hadn’t mentioned it to us. She was all set to go over the next day to ask but I told her that it wasn’t a good idea. Technically, Bill, the principal at the school (and  Barbara’s father), was not Elle’s boss as the school board was her employer. But, Bill did control when Elle was called in to substitute teach. So, I told her to hold off and wait until they thought it was time to tell us. I told her they probably had a good reason for not saying anything.

We also talked about the wedding and reception we’d just attended, laughing (again) about the bouquet toss. I remember Elle saying that she’d never been involved in one. The one thing we both wondered about was just how long the marriage would last. Martin was almost the exact opposite of Lisa. In the time I’d spent with him working on and about ”Big B’s“ racecar I found him to be pretty much level headed. If you’ve been reading this for any amount of time you know I felt Lisa was an ”air head“. The most recent example, the screw up with the reservation for the reception that caused the wedding to be postponed for three weeks... and having the reception being at a mundane meeting hall in place of an elegant banquet facility. The change in the wedding date also caused them to cancel their original honeymoon plans and... because the new wedding date was so close to Christmas they were unable to re-book for the same place or to get a similar type hotel where they wanted to go. So, they decided to wait until after the holiday season and to go to the city for a few days. We both felt it had to be a disappointment for them both. We didn’t have a honeymoon but this year would be our tenth anniversary and our plan was to celebrate it with a ”delayed honeymoon”.

To be continued...

No comments: