Thursday, August 03, 2006

THE RIGHTS OF PASSAGE (Part 7c)

I was really looking forward to our winter trip to Florida
this year. In retrospect, it was probably because I was hoping
to reprise the previous winter that I'd spent with Anne.
She and I did correspond and she let me know there was no way
she was going to return. Things with her mother had improved
and as much as I would've liked to ask about her bedewtting,
I never did.

This winter started out a little differently. We couldn't leave
until the early part of February due to problems at my father's.
job. My mother managed to remain healthy even in the cold weather
of the Northeast but was glad to be leaving... as were my brother
and I. We returned to the same place and had the same rooms
and found most of the staff had returned. But, for some reason
there was a dearth of kids around my brother's and my age (as
compared to the previous winter). We had to wait for over a week
for the first kids my brother's age to arrive. I wasn't happy
about it but playing with the two of them was better than just
my brother.

There's something that I could've put in the posts for last winter
but it wasn't relevent at the time. Right next door to the facility
was Barney's. Barney's is rather hard to describe. It was a gas
station (two pumps) and the last one for almost 30 miles, repair
shop, restaurant (I'm being kind) and honky tonk (or road house if
you will) on friday and saturday nights. There was also a car ramp
to the beach as the sand was hard enough for cars to ride on the
beach just like at Daytona. Barney (it was his last name) was a
WWII disabled veteran. He was a certified character. Even as young
as I was I recognized that. He ran the place with his wife,
Shirley (a Bette Grable wannabe) and two teenaged daughters.
Louise was the older (my mother said she thought she was 18 or
19) and Martha the younger (we guessed at about my age). Martha
was just plain drop dead pretty. If you can picture Daisy Duke
from the Dukes of Hazzard you have an idea what Louise looked
like but Martha was more like the young Elizabeth Taylor. She was
modest and mostly wore sundresses as opposed to Louise's tight
tops and short shorts. I'll admit I had a crush on
Martha from the first time I saw her. But she was brutally shy
in spite of her mother's brashness (my mother's description)
and her father's outgoing personality. All I ever did was look
(stare) at her whenever I was there. She just wouldn't talk to me.


My parents had ruled Barney's as "out of bounds" for my brother and
I the first year we were there unless accompianied by him. Over time
my father got to know Barney and the rules were eventually eased.
On days we didn't go to the Cabana/Pool we would go over to get a
soda (I was introduced to R C Cola there) or ice cream (my very
first Eskimo Pie was purchased there). To get there though we had
to walk over to the ramp. Barney had cut the ramp through the
dunes and made it out of coquina and shells. My father said he did
that on purpose so he could use his Army surplus wrecker to haul
out people who got stuck. In any case we didn't like to use the
ramp. I began to blaze a trail through the beach grass lining the
dunes and eventually made a path. We never went over before mid
afternoon but one day my mother said she felt like having a plain
old hamburger for lunch. I was dispatched to get it. As I made my
way through my path I noticed a bunch of clothes on a clothes line
that was connected from the building to a tall pole. I'd never noticed
it before maybe because there were no clothes on it. As I walked
towards the building I noticed something else... a LOT of panties.
The wind was blowing so it made it hard for me to count them but
it worked out to over 20. There were three seperate batches. Two
were nylon or rayon and the other was cotton. The nylon ones were
blowing freely in the wind while the cotton ones were more static.
I was sure the largest ones belonged to the mother, Shirley. They
were mostly white with a few pink thrown in. I would guess they
were about ten feet above my head. The cotton ones were all white
and the smaller nylon ones were mostly blue and pink. I was
intrigued with the colored ones as I'd seen almost all white
panties with all my "peeks" through the years. With them blowing so
freely it was impossible to discern anything unique about them. I
probably stayed there staring at them for five minutes. Once inside
the "restaurant" I saw Louise. I just assumed that the colored
panties were hers and tried to visualize them on her as I placed
the order. On the way back I stopped again and made a note to
myself to come over and take a look more often.

We were scheduled to stay for six weeks with the last one
being the Easter break from our school. The previous winter my
parents had made friends with an older couple who were supposed
to return and be there when we were. For some reason they didn't
show up until our last week. As happy as my parents were to
catch up with them that happiness soon disappeared. The
lady became sick right after she arrived and, unfortunately,
passed it on to my mother. It wasn't my mother's traditional
malady (bronchitis/bronchial pneumonia). Knowing what we know
today it was probably some kind of flu. There was very little
that worked in the way of medications so we had to stay to let
my mother recover. I'd been so discouraged by the lack of friends,
male or female, my age that I was more than ready to go back to the
city. But extending our stay turned out to be a very good thing.

Diane was a college freshman from the Detroit area. She attended
Michigan and was an English major. She'd been "hired" to be a helper
(Nanny would be the term today but I'm not sure the term had been
created at the time) for this family with a three plus year old boy
(Danny) on their vacation. The woman had polio as a child and
needed crutches to walk. At home they had a "colored" (sorry, period
terminology) woman who looked after the boy but, since this was
during segregated times, couldn't join them on their vacation. It
had all been worked out so that Diane would be on her Spring break.

For lack of things to do I sometimes hung out with the bellhops.
That way I got a good idea of who was checking in and, hopefully,
could make immediate contact with any kids. Diane certainly wasn't
a "kid". She was about the same height as me and a little overweight.
But she was cute and had a very easy going personality. The first
night there I made a point of waiting for the whole family, Diane
included, to come into the dining room before entering. I
reintroduced myself and was able to generate some converation with
them. It made it a lot easier for me the next day.

Diane and Danny were there when the dining room opened at 7am and so
so was I. I normally would have been out at the seawall playing but
I desperately wanted to become friendly with Diane and to be accepted
by her. It apparently worked as she invited me to join them. When we
were through I walked them out to the beach and pointed out the sun
shelters, Adirondack chairs and where there were beach mats and toys
for children. Diane said she wanted to put her bathing suit on and
said she'd be back later. Since that week was technically a break
from school I had no more "study session" projects to work
on. That meant I was free to do anything I wanted. I wanted to spend
time with Diane.

I still had to let my parents know where I was and what I was doing so,
after "reporting in" I also put my bathing suit on. By then I had a
good tan and didn't have to worry about sunburn (but I'm paying for it
now). By the time I returned to the beach Diane was already there.
Being early she had the choice of sun shelters and chose the one closest
to the water. As I approached I saw her lying on her beach towel and
on her side... and I also saw something white peeking out from under
her bathing suit. As I got closer I could see that it was her panties.
I was puzzled. Not that I'd really ever thought about it but I wondered
why but I certainly wasn't going to ask. When she saw me getting closer
she rolled over on her back and then sat up. I never took my eyes off
her bottom and when I walked up I could see white peeking out from both
sides of the crotch of her suit. It was a one piece blue and white
floral suit and the image of her sitting there like that is burned into
my memory.

She wanted to get a tan but was concerned about sunburn for both her
and the boy so we didn't spend too much time out in the sun. The wind
came up and the sand started blowing so we decided to retreat to the
courtyard. They had a croquet set for the guests to use so Diane
gave Danny a mallet and a ball and we sat in Adirondack chairs and
watched him chase the ball around. The way Diane chose to sit made
her suit ride up on her thighs so that I got to see about an inch
of her panties. I had a hard time keeping my "bulge" hidden.

To be continued...

1 comment:

ross said...

It's almost like I'm there with you. Beautiful.