Wednesday, August 09, 2006

THE RIGHTS OF PASSAGE (Part 7e)

In the course of converstaion I'd mentioned the amusements at
Jacksonville Beach. Diane, in turn, mentioned it to Danny's parents.
At breakfast Diane asked if I thought there were enough things there
to amuse Danny. I hadn't paid any attention to the kiddy rides but,
sensing an interest for them to go, said I thought there was. I had
to wait until after Diane spoke to Danny's parents to find out if I'd
be invited. I loved going there, especially if there was somebody
close to my age. When I got the "word" that I was invited I couldn't
wait. I forgot one thing. Diane was being paid to watch Danny and to
"entertain" him. Kiddy rides it was. The one good thing was that when
Diane got into the kiddy seats I'd get a DP (downpants) view of her
panties. I even got a few peeks up the leg openings of her shorts.
We ended up getting hot dogs and sodas along the boardwalk for lunch.
Danny was getting tired so it was decided to leave. I was disappointed
that I'd not gotten a chance to do the Auto Dodgem, my favorite ride.
We had to go past the roller coaster on our way to the car. Diane asked
if I liked to ride it. I told her I'd never tried. She couldn't believe
it and "bugged" me why. The main reason was my mother wouldn't let me
but I surely didn't want to admit that to her. I just shrugged my
shoulders. Diane then went on to ask Danny's father if he'd ever ridden
one. He smiled and said that he'd done it many times. Diane then sort
of challenged me to ride it with her. Danny's father chimed in saying
he'd pay for the two of us to ride. I wasn't very happy. Truth be told
I'd always been very happy that my mother hadn't let me. But, I was
one of those males who hated to let a female "beat" them.

Diane insisted that we ride the front car and in the front seat.
Looking back, that was one of the mistakes I made that day. We got to
the top of the first climb and when I looked down I swear my heart
stopped. About halfway down I closed my eyes. Another mistake. By doing
that I eliminated any chance of being prepared for what was coming next.
When we hit the bottom and made a sharp turn I, screaming, was thrown
against Diane. After that all I did was scream and pray that I'd
survive. When we stopped I couldn't stand up. I thought I was going to
throw up. (Hot dogs before the ride was the big mistake ) Diane helped
me to a bench outside the ride. I sat with my head between my legs
trying not get sick. Finally I felt that it had passed and we headed
for the car. I was totally embarassed and resisted Diane's attempts
to have a converstaion with me. Upon our return Diane took Danny for
his nap and I decided to do the same. I couldn't really sleep as I
continued to burp up the lunchtime hot dogs. I didn't want to go
outside with the chance of seeing Diane so I waited until dinner time.
I even went to dinner with my brother and his friends so as not to
have contact with her.

My brother and his friends would play board games after dinner in the
sunroom unless there were scheduled events at the hotel. I, reluctantly,
joined them. I did not see Diane come up behind me. I felt a hand on my
shoulder, much the same way my mother would do it, and was surprised
and also unhappy to see her. She quickly bent down and whispered in my
ear that she needed to talk with me. My brother was unhappy that I left
in the middle of the game and let me know it as I walked away. I looked
for Danny and didn't see him. We went outside and sat on the patio. She
never let go of my hand. I didn't want to look her in the eyes but when
I did I could see that she was concerned. She apologized for having
"forced" me into going on the ride and for teasing me in the first
place. I didn't say a word. I was still embarassed, even with the
apology. Still holding my hand she then said she wanted to tell me about
her first ride. She said she was older than me at the time and that her
friends had done basically the same thing as she'd done, "forcing" her
to do it or to lose face if she didn't. The long and short of it was
that she not only got sick (after she got off) but had wet her pants
while on it. That last bit of information changed my demeanor
immediately. I'm not sure but I think I was able to ask questions in a
manner that didn't give my "interest" away. In any case she'd been with
about six of her friends and she ended up having to walk around the
grounds that way the rest of the evening. It was like giving water to
a parched man (pun intended). We ended our "talk" with her giving me a
hug and eliciting a promise that I wasn't mad at her.

Another converstaion that I'd had with Diane had to do with visiting
Marine Land. She'd also passed that on to Danny's parents and they
thought it was worth the trip. I, again, got invited. It took a little
more than an hour to get there so we left around 9am. Diane wanted to
get back by 3pm as the tennis facility had arranged a match for her.
Now, this was the early 50's so handicapped facilities were rarely
available. Danny's mother had elected to go with us and hoped she'd be
able to see at least part of the attraction. We had fun on the trip down
with me describing some of the things we passed. We had to go through
Saint Augustine to get there. When my parents had taken me the year
before I thouroughly enjoyed it even though I hated History in school.
We arrived in time for the first show. Danny's mother had to stay in
her wheelchair and, as they had no raised platforms to accomodate them,
was only able to see parts of the dolphin show. Danny totally enjoyed
his time there and wasn't ready when it became time for us to go.
The ladies room was located down a flight of narrow steps. Danny's
mother didn't negotiate stairs that easily and didn't even want to
try these. Danny's father offered to try to get her down while in the
wheelchair but she said she really didn't need to use the facilities
all that badly.

We all agreed that we didn't want hot dogs again for lunch and since
I'd made a point of showing them Castillio de San Marcos on the way
Danny's parents thought we might stop there and hopefully find a
restaurant nearby. We stopped but there was no restaurant... or
restroom facilities. When I'd been there with my parents I wasn't
interested in bathrooms so I really had no knowledge of that. Danny's
mother stayed in the car while the four of us made a flying trip
through the facility. I absolutely loved that place (and it'll come
up a LOT further down the line). Upon return to the car it was decided
to go back to the motel/hotel and hope that we could get something to
eat. When we pulled up we had to go to the main entrance so we could
get Danny's mother into her wheelchair. Diane, Danny and I got out and
were just standing there. I saw Danny's mother whispering to her
husband who, in turn, shooed us inside. In we went. We went to the
front desk to check for messages and got talking to the desk clerk.
As Danny's mother got wheeled by I noticed something strange. She'd
been wearing tan pants and as I looked I could see that there was
definitely a different color a ways up on her hip.

Now this was another "awakening" for me. In my interest of girls
panties and them wetting themselves I had kept it in a very narrow
age bracket. I don't know if it was because I didn't ever see older
women in their panties (certainly not my mother) and never gave them
a thought about the possibility of wetting themselves. But it had
always been about girls around my age or younger. This sighting,
although not yet confirmed, was the beginning of a totally new
perspective for me. I had to wait until later to know if what I'd
seen was an actual wetting.

None of us had eaten and Diane had to be at the tennis facility by
3pm. I immediately thought of Barney's. I checked in with my mother
who was now feeling well enough to be sitting in an Adirondak
chair outside our rooms. I introduced Diane and Danny and then we
made our way over my path to Barney's. I checked the clothes line
and, sadly, it was bare. When we walked in the door I was surprised
to see Martha hunched over under one of the counter stools. She was,
for a change, wearing shorts and a sleeveless blouse. I knew she
wouldn't say anything but I'd made it a game to always say "Hello
Martha" to see her reaction. As soon as I did she looked at the floor.
I took the stool closest to her and looked down. Bulls eye! A DP
(downpants) that confirmed my guess that the cotton panties I'd seen
on the washline were hers. When Shirley came to wait on us I asked what
Martha was doing. I laughed to myself when she said she was being
"punished" by having to scrub and polish the counter stools. I asked
what her "crime" was but Shirley just winked back at me.

To be continued...

1 comment:

ross said...

Have a great time. As always, a terrific post.