Sunday, December 10, 2006

THE RESULT (Part 15b)

It was my father who woke me up. Since I was to be off to my college in just two days there were a whole bunch of "chores" that he wanted me to take care of before I left. They certainly weren't on my "radar". He left the room before I could protest and by the time I got downstairs he was already off to work. I looked over at Elle's house and her shade was still down so, after grabbing a bite to eat, I started in on the chores. I began in the garage and after about an hour I saw Nan and her mother drive by. I was curious as to why but also figured that if Nan were in the car Elle must be up. I walked over and knocked on the door. Elle's mother let me in and there was no one there but Nan's mother. I asked where Elle was and was told that Nan was upstairs waking her up. I was never good at "small talk", especially with adults and this was no exception. What I did find out was that, since both Elle and Nan were going to the same college, Nan's mother had offered to take Elle along, saving her parents a trip. It would've been a hardship since Elle's parents only had one car and her father needed it for work and would've had to take a day off. After Nan had loaded up her things her mother was concerned that there wasn't going to be enough room for Elle and her things. So, they'd driven over to load all Elle's belongings just to make sure. Nan was the first one downstairs which disappointed me. I couldn't wait to see Elle. When she finally made it I could see by her face that there was something wrong. Again, my first thought was that she was getting scared now that leaving home was so close. I said "Good morning" but didn't get a response, not even a look. But, before I could dwell on that Nan asked if I could go up and get Elle's suitcase as it was really heavy. By the time I was back everyone was outside by the trunk of the car. Nan was in an argument with her mother about some of the things that she'd insisted she needed. All of Elle's things were on the ground waiting to be loaded. On first view it was obvious that Nan had far more than Elle did. However, I saw that a lot of room could be gained by rearranging some things and asked if I could make the changes. By the time I was through there was more than enough room for everybody and everything, including the last minute stuff like pillows and toiletries. Everybody seemed pleased... except Elle. I still couldn't get her to focus on me and to look directly at me. I was truly puzzled. Then, disappointing me even more, she proceeded to ask Nan to stay for the afternoon. Now, I liked Nan. I really did. But Elle was going to be spending the whole next day with her in the car and I was being shuffled aside. Then, Elle's mother offered to make lunch for everybody. I knew I had my chores waiting but I said "yes" anyway, hoping to get through to Elle. Before lunch was ready, Jane, the girl from up the road who'd been a part of our play group up until having access to cars broke us up, showed up to wish Elle good luck at school. She too, was asked to stay to eat. When almost finished, Nan made a comment about how she'd wished that she'd brought her bathing suit as this was the last day for swimming. Elle's mother, having just gone through all Elle's clothes said that there were still two suits upstairs. Elle and Nan were almost identical in size (except for the bust area) and had shared clothes the whole previous winter when Nan had lived with them. So, with that, a "plan" was hatched. Jane said she'd go home and get her suit as well and we decided we'd meet on my beach in a half hour.

When I went home to change my mother reminded me about my "chores" but I was determined to find out what was Elle's problem with me. When she and Nan arrived I recognized both of their suits. We hadn't had much chance for swimming what with work and our schedules but they were still familiar. Elle had preferred cotton one piece suits with a "bloomer" style bottom for some reason. Nan ran right in the water while Elle rested against the dock. I sidled up to her but she still wouldn't look at me. I forced the issue by asking what was wrong. She didn't answer until I asked if she wasn't feeling well. While staring at her feet she said "I'm bleeding." Now, I knew she'd just had her period as I'd endured a week of her "moods" while she suffered though it. Totally ignorant about the whole sexual process I said something like "how could that be?" It took a few seconds for her to answer and, again, it was only two words. "Last night." All of a sudden I rememnered her crying out while I was on top of her. I didn't know just what it was that I'd done but that had to be it. We both stood there leaning against the dock, nervously working our feet in the sand until Jane showed up. I was actually glad to see her. She and Elle chatted a bit and I walked down to the water's edge. Nan called for us to come out and join her but I walked away. Jane had already tried to get Elle to go in but had been rebuffed. I made a stab at it but she whispered to me that she was wearing a pad. Dumb me! If she was bleeding it made sense that she would be wearing a pad. I apologized but stayed with her and then she finally started talking.

When she'd gone into the bathroom to get cleaned up the previous night she was shocked to see her panties (and shorts) all bloody. She didn't know why but knew it had something to do with what we'd done... and that really worried her. She didn't know what to do or who to ask about it. Since she was leaving in just another day she was concerned that something might be drastically wrong and was even more scared. She was afraid to say anything to her mother since her mother knew that her period was over. I was certainly no help. It was the blind leading the blind and now I was worried too!

To be continued...

No comments: