Friday, June 13, 2014

ANOTHER NEW YEAR... high hopes (Part 125h )

ANOTHER NEW YEAR... high hopes (part 125h)

When Elle called her mother to come over to watch after Kaye while she was at school, she got quite a shock. Both sets of parents lived on a private road which meant the town did not plow the snow. Elle’s father had tried to “blast” through a snow drift and had gotten stuck which meant there was no way for her mother to make it to our house or for Elle or I to make it to their house. That news put Elle into a panic. She knew if she called in to the school that she couldn’t make it in that she’d be dropped from the top of the substitute list and she’d worked very hard to get there. In the past she’d asked Kathleen (the farmer neighbor’s wife) but when she called no one answered. Sandy had also filled in a few times but Elle knew that she was working full time at the hardware store so didn’t bother to call. I remember her making a few more calls but with no success. She gave me one of those sad eyed looks that meant she was looking for me to step in and do it. I’d been at the bank for almost two years and hadn’t missed a day of work for sickness but, under pressure from Elle, told her I’d do it.

Elle hadn’t been out of the house but for a few minutes when the phone rang. It was Sandy looking to get together with Elle sometime during the day. I asked why she wasn’t at work and she said that it was her day off. I immediately asked if she could do me a really big favor and to come over to look after Kaye. She said she’d be there within minutes. I headed upstairs to get dressed for work and had just finished when I heard the knock on the door.

Elle had prepared lunch for both Kaye and I so I showed Sandy where it was. Because Kaye wasn’t yet 100% potty trained I led Sandy to the foot of the stairs to point out which room was hers so that if she needed a change of clothes she’d know where to go. Just to the left of the stairs was the entryway to the dining room and I could see the sewing machine and Sandy’s panties that Elle and I’d been working on. I pointed to the finished ones and told her that we’d worked on them the night before and were ready for her to use. The look on her face was... well, I don’t really know how to describe it. However, my take on it was that she couldn’t believe that I’d been handling her panties and had a part in fixing them up. I think I asked her what was wrong. I don’t remember her giving me a direct answer but it was clear that she was embarrassed.

A while back (Part 124f) I’d walked in on Sandy and Elle when they were first experimenting on the making of the “dribble panties” and had seen her dashing from the dining room to the bathroom in her panties. She’d made a bit of a fuss about it and I took the opportunity to express to her my lack of understanding of why women get so upset when a man see them in their underwear and yet they have no qualms about parading around in a bathing suit which, in some cases like bikinis, has less material. At the end of that conversation I thought we’d reached some sort of “understanding” but her actions, at this time, told me we hadn’t.

===========================================
Thinking about the situation, now, as I write this, I guess I was frustrated. I just couldn’t understand why it was such a big deal that I’d been a party to seeing and touching Sandy’s panties. She knew that I knew that she had a “problem“ and I knew that she knew that Elle had a ”problem“. They both wanted to somehow solve that problem (dribbles) and Sandy had made a suggestion that Elle had spoken to me about and between the two of us we’d come up with a prototype panty using Elle’s Evette panties. Sandy had liked the idea but the Evette panties didn’t fit Sandy and she’d brought over a pair of hers (the Modern Globe panties) that she knew would fit. We (Elle and I) had made up a pair that Sandy had liked. Now that she knew about my participation in making them it was embarrassing to her to find out that a male had been involved. It just didn’t make sense.
============================================

Actually, I was too upset and too much time has passed (and no notes to refer back to) for me to remember what she said, if anything. But, I do remember what I finally ended up saying to her and I admit it was pretty smart assed... ”Does my having touched them (the panties) mean that you aren’t going to wear (use) them?“. I also remember that the look on her face was one of surprise. I also remember picking up the other pair that Elle and I’d fixed up and sort of waving them at her. I waited for a few seconds before she kind of apologized by saying that that wasn’t what she wanted and then sort of said she appreciated what we’d done for her in making them up. I guess you could say I recognized that I had her "back on her heels" because I asked her, point blank, if what she said was true then it meant she would wear them. I don’t think she answered verbally but did nod her head in agreement. I wish I could remember what was said next but I can’t.

When I was at the door, leaving, Sandy finally apologized. I should’ve just accepted it and headed for work but I didn’t. Looking at her, eye to eye, I reiterated my feelings on how absolutely silly it was that women would wear skimpy bathing suits and parade around the beach in them and yet feel embarrassed when a man saw any part of their underwear. I remember throwing in the fact that whoever had nicknamed underwear as ”unmentionables“ should be shot (or something like that). As I finally started to turn away towards my car I could see a smile on her face. I think I asked her if we were still friends and got a little laugh from her.

I calmed down on the drive to work and as I did I then started to worry that Sandy might tell Ell what had transpired. By the time I headed home I was really concerned. I talked myself into expecting Elle to be mad. When I walked into the kitchen I waited to get an ”earful“ but got a smile and a cheerful greeting. Even after I’d changed my clothes and had eaten,  nothing was mentioned, I still was wary. After putting the kids to bed Elle walked into the den and just stood there. I just knew that I was going to get ”it“ then... but all she said was that she wanted to finish up with the panties so she could get the dining room back to normal. I couldn’t believe it. Sandy hadn’t said anything.

To be continued...

No comments: