Wednesday, June 25, 2014

WINTER DOLDRUMS... February (Part 126e)

WINTER DOLDRUMS... February (Part 126e)

When we pulled into the academy parking lot we were early enough to find a space right in front. The bulk of the parking spaces were out behind the building and ingress and egress was difficult. I remembered back to the grand opening and it took almost a half hour to get off the property. Our plan was to experience the clinic, watch the exhibition between the two girls and be on our way home, trying to salvage some daylight in the process. I quickly found Shelly and introduced her to Sandy and Johnnie. Seeing us dressed in tennis clothes she smiled and said it was a wise decision pointing to all the people headed for the locker rooms. She gave us one bit of surprising news. She told us that she always tried to split up husbands and wives in theses sort of affairs saying that there should only be one ”coach“ and that should be the person running the clinic. She had a bit of a smile when she said it. Then she told Sandy and I to head for court one where we’d be working with a girl named Kerry. It didn’t bother me but it seemed like Sandy was a bit upset. Elle and Johnnie were sent to court three to work with a girl named Karen.

I remember standing there waiting with trepidation as I watched the others in our group file in. Mostly middle aged women, I did see one with a very short dress on that I decided would be my ”target“ for watching. A cute dark haired girl appeared from the other side of the court and she introduced herself saying that there would be two parts to the clinic. The first was to be her demonstrating various type shots and then the participants would get a chance to try the same shot. That would last approximately an hour and a half, give or take. The second part was to be the participants hitting balls to her and then returning them. It sounded good to me... until she started. It was obvious that I was definitely out of my element.

I’m sure that, inwardly, Kerry was laughing during my turn. She started with the serve. She was wearing a white dress with lace appliques on it. It didn’t look all that short when she was just standing there but when she tossed the ball up in the air and went to swing at it I was amazed at how much of her panties (fancy) showed. There were a few participants ahead of me that seemed to know what they were doing. When it was my turn the only thing that I did right was to have worn ”tennis whites”. After my turn I rotated to the rear of the group, trying to hide. I watched Sandy and, although not as good as the others that had preceded us, didn’t embarrass herself. The last to go was the woman I’d noted earlier with the really short dress. She had my attention because of the dress but quickly showed that she was as inept as I was as far as the tennis was concerned. Weirdly, that made me feel better. But the attention getter was when she tossed a ball in the air to hit it for her serve and missed it completely. When she went to pick it up she bent over at the waist and exposed her whole backside. I know my eyes bugged out of my head. I’d been hoping for a “peek” but I got a full blown “look”. The two definite crotch lines was the real attention getter for me, enough for me to feel a “stirring“. Now the woman had a two fold interest for me.

Our group had no interaction with the other group at all. Because people were gathering for the exhibition I couldn’t even see that court. I survived the next two parts, forehand and backhand, and felt a little better about myself. I actually still remember some of what Kerry had demonstrated. She actually came out onto the court and not only stood behind me but she came right up into my back and took my arm to show me how I should get ready for an oncoming ball and then how to hit it... turn, step in, follow the ball to the racquet, swing and follow through. That was a thrill in itself.

When that part was over we were told that we would all get a chance to hit balls with her. Our ”job“ was to hit the ball back to her and if we did we could continue to do it up to a dozen ”hits“. The lady with the short dress was first and, as I remember it, didn’t even get her first ball over the net. She was then asked to be the ”ball girl“ and to collect the balls that the participants hit into the net or right on past Kerry. I swear that for the next ten or so minutes my eyes never left her. It was a voyeur’s delight. When my turn came Kerry reminded me of all the things I had to do with each ball she returned to me... ”turn, step in, eye on the ball, swing and follow through“. I was so nervous, with so many people watching me, that I don’t remember how many times I was successful. Because there were so many ”good“ players there that were able to keep the ball in play, the half hour passed quickly and I never got another chance. There was a half hour ”break“ for the girls to take a rest before actually playing. I caught up with Elle but she wasn't smiling as she approached which was not a good sign. She didn’t stay long and headed straight for the locker room. I lost track of Sandy and never dis see Johnnie. The lobby area was crawling with activity as I withed for Elle.

When she reappeared I asked if she was OK and I didn't get an answer. Those of us who were the 9am participants were told to go on into to the main court and takes seats. There were four rows of bleacher type seats on each side of the court and we could sit wherever we chose to. Then another group came and joined us, filling up most of the seats. I figured they were the next group for the clinic. Johnnie and Sandy came in with the last group and I wondered what had happened to them. We’d tried to save seats for them but the people around us kept squeezing over into the space we were trying to save. I saw Johnnie standing at the end of the seats on the opposite side from us but couldn’t find where Sandy was. Once the girls came onto the court to warm up I forgot about her and concentrated on them. Being among the first to get to the seats Elle wanted to sit in the middle. I would’ve chosen one end or the other (and you probably know why.)

After the warm-ups were over, Shelly came out and gave the audience the girl's backgrounds. They were both from Australia and here in the States to hone their skills at the academy. Both had played in numerous tournaments even though Kerry was only 19 years old and Karen was 21. Karen was tall... very tall, while Kerry seemed small in comparison. I give them both credit for being somewhat cute, especially Kerry. They had been doubles partners going back to when they were both in their mid teens and were preparing to do a lot of touring during the upcoming season playing both singles and doubles.

I have to admit that I was impressed with just how good they were. It only took a few minutes for me to concentrate on the tennis and not the girl’s backsides. I did get a few good peeks when they would make a diving stab at a ball but nothing really exciting. Kerry’s dress allowed a pretty good ”view“ but Karen’s didn’t ride up all that much. The exhibition lasted for about forty five minutes. Elle and I had hoped that they would stick around after the match but they had to eat and get ready for the next clinic. As we were leaving courtside I told Elle that I was finally getting interested about playing tennis. That drew a good smile from her.
         

Karen Krantczke

                                     ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kerry Melville
To be continued...

No comments: