Friday, June 20, 2014

WINTER DOLDRUMS... February (Part 126c)

WINTER DOLDRUMS... February (Part 126c)

The Board of Trustee meetings were usually the third Wednesday of the month. The only time I attended was to fill in as corporate secretary to record the minutes when Hobie was away. However, soon after the meeting was convened I got a call to be ready to meet with the Board. The question was, for what reason? Had I done something wrong? I fretted, wondering why I was to be called in. I was in quite a mental state when Trish gave me the word to head upstairs.

I barely knew the men who made up the Board. I’d filled in for Hobie a few times but I was always at the table when the Board member arrived. This was different. I knocked on the door and walked in. Now, I was ”on display“ as fourteen pairs of eyes were focused on me. The chairman called me to the head of the table and introduced me. I was sweating, profusely. Then I was asked to give my opinion on the methodology of having an outside service bureau handle our transactions. Talk about a blind-side! I remember thinking that if I’d been given some warning I could’ve had some empirical data to support what I was going to say. Being nervous didn’t help. Long story short, I was told to have a detailed report for the next meeting and was dismissed. However, before I reached the door the president called me back. He said that some of the Board members were concerned about the way the tellers were dressed, primarily with the short skirts and dresses. He wanted me to do a survey of other like banks to see if they had addressed that situation. Then one of the older men spoke out saying that it was ”shameful“ the way some of them were dressed and that we should require the hems of dresses to be below the knee. Another Board member, an attorney, stated that could lead to a law suit and cited some recent cases from in the city. The old geezer snapped back that we weren’t in the city but were in the country. At that point the president told me that I had my assignments and waved me to leave. It was certainly an interesting exchange that I’d witnessed!

One of Jean’s new friends at school had an older brother who was on the JV basketball team. When she heard me talk about possibly going to the game that Friday night she insisted that she be able to go as well so she could see him play. The only time we’d taken the older girls to a game they almost had to be dragged so this was something new. Then Elle added a little ”fuel to the fire“ by saying that Susan, our sometimes baby sitter, was a cheerleader. That made it impossible to say ”No“ so we dropped Kaye at Elle's parents and then headed for the game. Being a Friday night, the JV played the first game and they were warming up when we arrived. Sandy was in her usual place, right behind the bench, so we gravitated to that area. When Jean saw the boy on the court she became real animated, jumping up and down like she’d just won something. The game results were the same with the team falling behind right from the beginning. It was fun watching Jean every time the boy had his hands on the ball as she would bounce up and down in her seat. I tried to find something else to look at other than Sandy, not wanting to embarrass her, but without success. The first time our eyes met I swear I saw her cheeks flush. At the end of the game I went to talk with Jonesie, the carpenter who was at each and every game and who had been on the ill fated team that Johnnie had put together, just to avoid Sandy. I knew when it came time to go to the tennis clinic that our interaction couldn’t be avoided but that was a few days away.

Once the JV game was over the varsity boys and cheerleaders came out onto the court. I didn’t know this one girl who seemed oblivious to the fact that as she did her stretching she was giving a fantastic view of her backside. The uniform panties they wore were of a gold satin and when she bent over they were nice and tight and they pulled up exposing her white panties around the leg openings.
                         
This isn't the girl but is an example of what I witnessed.


I made a point of watching her for the opening exercises but it was Susan who gave me the actual ”thrill“ of the night.

Back in those days the cheerleaders were not gymnasts, doing mostly cartwheels, jumps, some simple tumbling and splits. When Susan ran across the floor, did a cartwheel into an ending split, I saw a little white around the leg openings of the gold uniform panties like with the other girl only this was for only a split second. At first I thought I might’ve imagined it but when she took her place on the bench right in front of us I got confirmation. Both Jean and Anne called out to her and when she turned to look at them the skirt of the uniform didn’t move when she did. I was less than six feet away from her and I had at least a four inch peek along her hip and it was for almost a minute as she chatted with the girls. The fact that I pretty much knew who made the panties she was wearing made it even even better.

The varsity game had started when Johnnie joined us. I got his attention so that I could tell him I’d drive to the tennis academy on Wednesday. He asked what time they should be ready and when I told him we’d be leaving about 6:30am his eyes sort of bugged out of his head. His retort to that was something along the lines of ”Do you know what time I’ll have to get Sandy up to be ready at that time?“ All I could do was smile. I reminded him that with early morning traffic it would take at least two hours and he acknowledged that with a smile. Elle, the kids and I left at halftime because it was way past their bedtime. We tried to adhere to the same schedule for them, school nights or not. On the way home I was pleased with myself that I’d managed not to engage Sandy in any way other than to say ”Hi!“ when we got there and ”Bye.“ when we left. I wondered what it would be like on Wednesday. 

To be continued...

1 comment:

oldblue said...

A shot at the dribble panties I hope.