Monday, July 31, 2017

HEADING FOR SUMMER... and whatever it brings (Part 160r)

HEADING FOR SUMMER… and whatever it brings (Part 160r)

The rest of the day was spent trying to reign in loose ends concerning the branch. I’d put off doing anything concrete about getting some part time help in to assist with opening new accounts for either office and knew I had to nail that down, and soon. I’d put in a call to the local high school and the guidance counselor but didn’t feel confidant that she was going to come up with much. The hint was when she said that all the kids she had in her files wanted work for the whole Summer and not just for a few weeks. After that I spoke with Trish to see if she had any ideas. Up until then she hadn’t given me any. As she was cleaning her desk off to go home I saw her waving to Moira, the red head who worked in the accounting area. Every time I saw her I felt guilty for not continuing to follow up on how she was making out with getting support from her ex husband. I decided to call her over and when she turned my way I saw she was with her daughter, Maggie. I’d not thought very much of her from two incidents when I was trying to get Moira relocated and one of the two was a bit embarrassing for the girl. So, when she deferred in following her mother I understood.

Moira was in a hurry so gave me the briefest of updates. In parting I made an off hand comment asking what her daughter was doing for the Summer now that school was out. Her response was a sort of disgusted look. I asked why the negativism and she said the daughter had to go to Summer school because she’d done so poorly. Then she added that it really annoyed her because it meant she wouldn’t be working and that was really going to hurt financially. I didn’t hesitate for long and despite my negative feelings towards the girl I asked if she might want to work at the bank for a few weeks before the Summer session started.

Moira’s looks were a shade above average but when she smiled she was quite attractive… and this was one of those moments. She asked if I was kidding and when I said I wasn’t she called the girl over. She wouldn’t look me in the eyes as she approached but Moira took care of that. Because my kids were still quite young I’d not reached a point where, when I’d ask a question of one of them, I had to couch it in the form of an order. That was exactly what Moira did and after but a few minutes I had my first part timer for the gift campaign at the main office.

Not wanting to drag this part out I’ll short circuit the rest of the hiring process by saying that Maggie’s situation (Summer school) gave me the idea to go back to the guidance lady at the school to find a couple of others that were in the same situation. I was able to get two more kids to meet my needs. There was nothing special about any of them and I knew I was taking a chance because they were certainly not the ‘cream of the crop’ as evidenced by their need for Summer school.

As for part timers during the new account/grand opening celebration at the new branch it was back to the application files. I was able to reach the girl that Jerry had hired but didn’t have transportation to the main office for training and got her to commit to four weeks. I ’sweetened’ the offer by saying that should a vacancy arise she’d be the first one called. From there it went down hill. All of the other applicants wanted full time employment. There was no one high school to go to as the branch wasn’t located in an established village or town. The area was in the early stages of being developed (that’s why we were there) and I was at a loss as to where to turn. The answer was right in front of me (literally) in the form of the women being trained by Lorie.

I don’t remember how I actually approached them but I clearly remember it was Mae who had the answer(s). As I described her in an earlier post she was definitely not a ‘looker’ but had an almost amazingly positive attitude. When I mentioned my problem she just stepped forward and said she’d find “some good kids”. Initially, it was a case of not having much else to choose from. Since training for the part timers didn’t entail teller machine work or detailed knowledge of banking regulations I’d determined that they would all  start the Monday before the branch opened which was also the beginning of the “busy week”. I was a bit concerned that Jerry would somehow get involved and immediately designated Rita to handle their training.

Through all of this I was wishing I had some idea of what Hobie had said to Jerry after he stepped in when I was reaming him out. Jerry had been quiet and almost sullen after returning from that meeting as exhibited when I went off on him about leaving early. He just quietly walked back to where Lorie and his staff were working. It continued when 5pm arrived as well. On my way out the door I wondered how long the ’new’ Jerry would continue in that mode.

I left shortly after he did as I wanted to get to the printer’s to proof read the forms made up special for the Branch. I didn’t trust Jerry so it was up to me. Bobby, the printer’s apprentice, was actually running the shop and he and I had a common interest in car racing. He’d asked me a couple of times about how to get a job in the pit crew of a race team. I'd gave him the names of a couple of local teams and wanted to know how he’d made out in his quest. I was excited for him when he told me he’d latched on with someone I knew. It made me feel good when he said that when he’d used my name as a reference the guy pretty much said OK right after that. But, talking about racing reminded me that I didn’t know what the plan for my team was. We’d left it that we wouldn’t meet on Wednesday night but I wasn’t sure when we would. However, I pretty much knew it wasn’t that night and I was anxious to get home.

One almost constant thing in our geographical area was that one of the hottest weeks of the Summer would occur in June. Here we were in the middle of it, Summer had not officially begun and yet it was almost 90 degrees at 6pm. I walked into the house and the first thing I saw was that Elle, in short shorts, was slightly wet… but with a big smile. That was a VERY good sign. I walked up to her and she immediately put my hand in her crotch. It was warm which told me it had just happened. As I’ve written in prior posts, I’d finally learned to not ask what had happened until later. She pulled me into the bathroom which was right there and, after pulling her shorts down, proceeded to pee through her panties on the toilet. I was in heaven! However, my enthusiasm was tempered a bit wondering where the kids were. When I asked she said I had about 10 minutes and suggested I might want a picture. I think my eyes bugged out wondering if this was really my wife.
       

To be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What a great way to be greeted at home! Great pics, thanks for sharing! Something tells me Moira's daughter might have provided some interesting days at the bank!

Bad

Pantymaven said...

BS... you'll have to wait and see... :-)