Monday, March 12, 2007

WINTER... Back to school (Part 20b)

It was a long two and one half weeks until final exams started. Then, it even got worse as a whole week was set aside just for them. As freshmen, we pretty much knew we were the low men on the totem pole and it seemed to manifest itself in the exam schedule. I had two on the first day, Monday, two on Wednesday and the last one Friday morning. Although it wasn't the same for all freshmen, there was still a lot of free time for most. Boredom ofttimes is the breeding grounds for mischief. For all the dorms there was one cardinal rule... DON'T TOUCH THE FIRE HOSES! On Wednesday night one thing led to another with escalating practical jokes being played from room to room and floor to floor. I have no idea who or what precipitated it but retaliation came in the form of the fire hoses being used. When all was said and done we had about three inches of water in our room. I do remember standing at the foot of the stairs and seeing water cascading down from above.

My friend, Donny, who lived in the same town as Elle's college, invited me to sleep at his house during the semester break, such as it was. For most of the freshmen it was only the weekend. Some of the upperclassmen had finished up on Wednesday. Needless to say, we were jealous. In Elle's case she finished up on Thursday so I wanted to get there as soon as possible. Donny's brother, who drove over to pick us up, dropped me off right at Elle's dorm. It was fairly quiet as I walked in. The sign-in desk was empty and I saw suitcases lined up in the hall. It was fairly obvious that, like my college, an exodus was in motion. Elle showed up with a whole sandwich just for me. As usual, it took a few minutes for us to get comfortable with each other. She told me that most everybody had left or was leaving and that she was one of the few who was staying. She also told me that, with lunch, the cafeteria was closing until Monday morning. When I digested that bit of unexpected information I did a quick calculation and was very glad that I still had that extra money my father had given me. Fortunately, the weather was clear which would make getting around easier. The walk up and down the hill, to and from town, was difficult enough even with out snow. Neither of us had a "plan" as to what to do so we went over to the Student Union lounge. There was, literally, no one there. We chose one of the small rooms to the side of the fireplace and shut the door behind us. We'd only been lucky enough to get one of these rooms a couple of times during the Fall.

As much as I would've liked to have "jumped right in" to where we'd been on New Year's eve, I was patient. We talked about exams and how she thought she'd done. I knew her well enough to know that she'd say she did poorly when, actually, she did well. I'd come up with an idea of taking the bus to the nearest city and to spend the next day "exploring". When I presented it to Elle she thought it was great idea. By the time we got through discussing it she got up to use the bathroom. Other than a "hello" kiss we hadn't done anything. I was ready! In anticipation of what I hoped would happen upon her return I'd almost asked her not to wipe... but didn't. There was still that hesitation on my part about just how she viewed my interest in her "problem". But, when she returned she immediately lay across my lap. We did some serious kissing before I went "exploring". When I did my unspoken request had actually been fulfilled. Not only that but she was wearing nylon panties. I'm thinking that we didn't carry on too far in this vein because it was light out. But it was enough that I ended up with a wet spot on the front of my pants about the size of a golf ball. As it turned out it didn't matter as there really wasn't anybody to see it.

We decided to eat at the Sugar Bowl, downtown, and then take a look at what was playing at the movies. Before we left Elle went back to her room. She didn't have to tell me why. I would've preferred that she didn't change into the cotton panties, pad and sanitary brief but I figured there was plenty of time to express my preferences later on in the weekend. When she returned I asked if any of her roommates were still there. She said no, that Toby and Carol had gone home and that Nancy had been invited to someone's house. She went on to say that she was only one of three girls on her whole floor. It really seemed strange, having everything be so quiet.

The Sugar Bowl was crowded even though most of the college population had left. While eating, I did a calculation as to just how much it was going to cost to feed the two of us until Sunday night. With bus fares included it was going to be close. That thought put a bit of a damper on the evening, at least for me. It certainly took going to the movies out of the equation. Not wanting to be tempted by seeing what was playing, we returned to the SU and the lounge. Only a few lights were on and it was almost eerie. No one was in sight. I remember asking Elle if we were allowed in there thinking that the campus might be closed. She said that other than the cafeteria everything was open as it wasn't an official "holiday". I also remember asking why there wasn't anyone on duty at the dorm. She didn't know the answer to that. We, again, retreated to one of the little rooms. We never turned on a light as the lights from outside were more than enough. I knew what I wanted to do but managed to have patience enough to led Elle take the lead.

To be continued...

No comments: