Saturday, March 24, 2007

WINTER... Back at school (Part 20g)

I felt it would be a good idea to go upstairs and wait. With daylight, more people would be around and, having escaped detection so far, didn't want to risk it. As I sat waiting for her I discovered something that troubled me. I could actually smell myself. My poor underpants had had quite a workout the previous day as well as my privates. I thought (briefly) about trying to get washed up in the SU bathroom but I didn't have any clean clothes. They were still at Donnie's. When Elle found me I told her I was going over there to get cleaned up. It was only around 8am and I figured that if I rushed I could make it back to the Sugar Bowl around 10am or so. I told her to meet me there and we'd have something to eat with what I had left for money.

A couple of Donnie's siblings were home as most of the family was at church. That worked for me as I could actually get a shower. After dressing I left a note to Donnie (and his mother) apologizing for not letting then know where I was and that I'd call to confirm what time we'd be heading back to school. I got to the Sugar Bowl around 10:30am. Elle was inside waiting for me. She did make a comment that I looked better, which made my effort worthwhile. It was busy but we did get seated. Luckily, we were between church crowds. I spread all the money I had onto the table and we then looked through the menu to see just what we could get. There were a few "specials" that seemed interesting. We ordered and, like the night before, shared. Our conversation was on the upcoming weeks. New classes and the upcoming "rushes" by the fraternity and sororities dominated. The next weekend was, for both our schools, reserved for the "Open Houses" put on by fraternities and sororities where the freshmen could visit and see if they liked the organization or not. The week following that was for follow-up visits and for the "bids" to be made to the students. Following that was "acceptance day", on Saturday, where all the new pledges would gather at their new college home for a celebration. That meant, for us, it would be three weeks, at the earliest, before we would see each other.

With the majority of the talking being on Fraternities and Sororities I asked Elle to show me the one(s) she was interested in. The majority of the fraternities/sororities were located at the south end of town and on a busy street. After leaving the Sugar Bowl we walked down there. It was known as "Greek Row". One of the interesting things that Elle had learned in her short time at the school was that the town was depicted in the movie The Sun Also Rises with Montgomery Clift. Supposedly, the movie was based on a real life happening and that one of the houses on Greek Row was a central part of the incident. It was obvious that the "elite" had lived along the street at one time. Large, ornate houses lined both sides of the street. The rumor was that most of the rich people who had lived in them went broke during the depression and WWII. When the war was over and returning soldiers were eligible for the GI Bill , a lot decided on college. The school didn't have the facilities to house all these people and since these homes were unoccupied, they were purchased for that purpose. Somehow, they evolved into the fraternity/sorority complexes that we were viewing.

Elle had narrowed her initial choices down to just a few. She based her process pretty much on the "caste" system within the college itself. There were a few sororities that catered to the rich and pretty (or so they thought!) and sororities that leaned towards girls who were athletically inclined. There were a few who tried to get the smartest and then there were the sororities for all the rest. Elle was interested in a few of those and we proceeded down the street to look at them. As I've mentioned, Freshmen weren't allowed into any of these houses until the "rush" process started. Elle had based her choices on having met some of the girls who lived in the houses who were in her classes. When we stopped in front of the one that she felt was the best for her I could imagine the house and grounds as they were in their "heyday". There was a covered portico for letting people off in inclement weather as well as a large carriage house in the back. Looking beyond that there were terraces that at one time probably had formal gardens lining them. This house had definite "character" (as did most of them on the street) and it seemed like it would be fun to live in one.

While we were looking at the houses it started to snow and heavily. Neither of us had anything to cover our heads so we started back to the SU. There was no quick way from where we were. We had to retrace our steps almost all the way back to the main street. There was a street that had been angle cut into the hill that led to the campus. Most of the administration lived on this one as well as the only sorority that had been specifically built for that purpose. As you would probably guess, this was the house for the "RaS", or rich and snotty, as they were dubbed. As were most of the streets leading to the campus, it was fairly steep. Because it was cold (below freezing), the snow started sticking right away. By the time we got started up the hill, the sidewalk was slippery. Elle had on penny loafers with leather soles and, even walking gingerly, she ended up slipping and sliding. I kept a hold of one hand, trying to steady her. It got to be funny with both of us laughing at our efforts. Trying to walk on the grass was even worse and Elle actually fell and slid back down, losing ground. When I slid back to help her, I, too, fell. By this time we were both laughing hysterically. Elle's head was white with snow and her blue coat now was two colors. But the laughter for Elle quickly stopped. The look on her face wasn't that of panic but more of concern. She was on her butt, leaning back and facing me. I was sitting straight up on my bottom. She reached out for me and I tried to pull her up to a sitting position. When she did this she put her knees up in front of her and tried to dig her heels into the ground. Even though she had a crinoline on I got a "peek". I knew immediately why her laughter had stopped... she had leaked.

I got her to a standing position and was trying to get that way myself when I heard her cry out "NO!". She wasn't moving but within seconds I saw something coming from up and under her skirt. She was peeing. There was nothing I could say or do to help her. I watched the snow that was directly under her disappear. I also watched as the inside of her white socks changed color as well. It only lasted for a few seconds. When it did I started trying to figure how we were going to get to the top of the hill. My shoes had only marginally better traction than hers so for me to pull her up the hill was questionable. I couldn't see her whole face but only a partial profile but it didn't appear that she was crying... thank goodness... as I wouldn't have had any idea what to say or do. Desperate times call for desperate measures and I got the idea of getting the rest of the way to the top by walking in our socks. It took some "selling" on my part to convince Elle but she gave in and, once she did, we made it to the top in no time. It was only a short distance to the SU and dorm and we continued on without our shoes. Once there, Elle ran downstairs to her room leaving me in the dorm lounge with my frozen feet on the radiator.

I waited and waited for Elle to return. It was probably 45 minutes before she did. She was chilled to the bone and had taken a shower to get warm. She said she was still cold so sat down next to me so I could wrap my arms around her. We stayed that way until 3pm when Donny and his brother were to pick me up. I'd been sitting there thinking of how I could get one last "touch" but couldn't come up with anything that I felt she'd "buy". As we hugged and kissed our "good bye" I was able to get a squeeze of her butt. I hated to leave it like that but...

To be continued...

2 comments:

badside said...

LOL, I wonder what Donny and his parents were thinking when you didn't come back that night! Another movie reference, I'll have to rent that one so I can see if the town looks the same as I've imagined it. What was the other film, A Dog Day Afternoon? Which teller was she again?

Pantymaven said...

That really did bother me. As I wrote, I left a note apologizing but I was glad they weren't there when I came back to shower. It would've been embarrassing, for sure.

As far as "The Sun Also Rises' goes, no, the town isn't really seen in the movie.

"Dog Day Afternoon"... She was the Head Teller.