Monday, January 02, 2012

SUMMER... Hopefully, fun ahead (Part 83c)

The most memorable thing was that we were out on the water for the first time. Late for the start we ended up last. It didn’t matter in the long run as the races were only “tune ups”. Elle and I used the time to practice some of the maneuvers that we’d been weak on the previous season. I really don’t remember how we did in the second race but what I do remember happened after we were all ashore. Ruthie, Jimbo’s wife had shown up with their new baby. Of course, that got the attention of most of the females. I was left to unrig (take the sails off, coil all the lines etc.) the boat by myself as were most of the guys who sailed with their wives. Because I was the last boat to arrive at the sailing club that morning I had to wait for the hose that was used to wash the salt off the boat. It also meant that anyone going to the parking lot had to go past. A couple of the guys stopped by to chat including Willy. He had some clothes in his arms and I recognized the shirt on top of the pile as the one he’d been wearing while we were racing. He put them down on the deck and then asked me about one of the fittings I used to adjust the jib (the small sail at the front of the boat). I went about explaining it to him until someone handed me the water hose. Continuing to talk as I sprayed the boat I finally reached where his clothes lay. I asked him if he wanted me to rinse them off and he quickly grabbed then up. By then, Merry, his wife walked by and they soon left. Elle was right behind her. I gave her the rudder and tiller to take to the car and finished up with the hose. When I came back to the boat after putting the hose away I had to put the tie downs straps on. As I was doing it and walking around the boat I saw something white half buried in the sand. When I pulled on it with my toe I saw that it was a sock but there was something else down there as well. For this I bent down and pulled it out of the sand. By the feel I could tell it wasn’t a sock. As I pulled it up I almost couldn’t believe my eyes. I quickly looked up and around to see if anyone was nearby and saw no one. It wasn’t just a pair of panties... they were truly “fancy panties”.

I was on my hands and knees as I spread them out on the sand. To start with they had a waist elastic like none I’d ever seen before. They looked huge as I looked down on them. The very first thing I did was to find the label. It read “Evette” and said they were a size 5. I remember thinking that it must be wrong. They had a really delicate lace around the leg openings but that wasn’t the only lace they had. About an inch and a half above that was another 1/2 inch of lace. That lace was not an overlay on the nylon but was separate and went all the way around, even down through the crotch. When I put my fingers on it I could see right through it. Speaking of the crotch, it appeared to be larger, from front to back, than most that I could remember. Because they were wet and covered with wet sand I couldn’t really get a good feel for the material but they were mind numbingly beautiful. My “inspection” probably lasted for no more than 30 seconds, if that. I knew Elle would be back looking for me so I balled them up and stuffed them under a floorboard in the boat.

Walking back to the car I was excited. I figured that the panties had to belong to Willie’s wife and that he’d dropped them when he grabbed the clothes off the deck of my boat. Driving back to Elle’s mother’s house to pick up the kids all I could think of was how to get back to the boat to get my hands on those panties.I came up with a couple of ideas but they were pretty hokey so I didn’t even try. That night, in bed, as I went over the beauty of the panties, I tried to reconcile the actual size of the panties with the size 5 label. I even remember pulling out a pair of Elle’s fancy panties before going to bed and they seemed a bit smaller. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on them.

With 4th of July on a Thursday I had to have the payroll done on Wednesday. I’d continued to find ways to speed up the process and with that, and a minimum of (still unpaid) overtime, I managed to deliver the checks to Mrs. G in the Treasurer’s office in plenty of time. I was pretty proud of myself. It meant I’d have all of the 4th to get caught up at home and, possibly, get a few minutes to work on the race car. I even had a thought about going to my sailboat to retrieve Merry’s panties. However... as soon as I got home I pretty much knew that wasn’t going to happen. Elle was wearing her tennis clothes and immediately figured she wanted me to go play after we ate. But I was wrong. She’d already played with her tennis playing teacher friend. I thought I was home free but then she dropped the “bomb” on me. She’d arranged for me to get a lesson the next day. NOT what I wanted, for sure.

There was one thing I had to do without fail on the 4th and that was to go see my grandfather. It’d been a few weeks since I’d taken him to the hospital and he’d complained to my father. When my father told me about it he mentioned that he was in the process of arranging to have someone stay overnight with my grandfather. He’d fallen but, luckily, it’d been during the daytime when the man who worked for him was around. I expected to get an earful from my grandfather but when I pulled into the driveway I saw an unfamiliar car. I no sooner got out when I saw this pleasant looking young woman headed towards me. She waved as she headed for her car. My eyes followed her to her car as she was worth a close look.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lucky break finding those panties in the sand! Buried treasure! Can't wait to read more about them.

-Badside