Sunday, January 08, 2012

SUMMER... Hopefully, fun ahead (Part 83f)

Sitting there, mostly observing the girls interact with Elle, I couldn’t help but feel a little guilty. I really didn’t give my kids much time. We’d been there for a while and, pushing my luck a bit, I put my hand under Elle’s chair again. In almost a repeat of earlier, I soon felt warm liquid running between my fingers. The way I was sitting showed my positive reaction to it. However, with the proximity of the kids, that was all I got. The ground where we were sitting was mostly sand so there was no puddle. When I heard Andy’s voice I was certainly glad for that fact. The decibel level told me that he’d had more than just a few beers. I hadn’t seen him to talk to since the morning I’d taken the pictures of Lil and, immediately, feared that in his current state, he would ask me for them. Before I could even turn around I heard Lil’s voice as well.

It was somewhat funny in that when Andy was drinking his voice got louder and he became more animated. Lil, on the other hand, got quieter and even more laid back than usual. Andy’s loudness indicated to me that he was drunk or close to it. With Lil, it was obvious when I looked at her. Her eyelids were drooping and she was having a hard time standing up. I’m not sure that Elle had ever seen her drunk and when she saw her she immediately got up and guided her to her chair. Lil's tongue was so “heavy” that it was hard to make out just what she was trying to say. Andy had two beers in his hands and promptly gave one to Lil. As she tried putting it up to her lips she spilled some down her front. She was wearing a sleeveless cotton blouse and a pair of possibly cream colored shorts. They both became slightly yellowed. Andy thought that it was funny and came over and offered to “even her up” and threatened to pour some of his down her other side. I remember thinking that he was really pretty mean to her. I managed to get his attention and started pressing him on when he was going to help me get the front axle for my race car. Even though he wasn't sober he knew that he’d promised to do it but still hadn’t. I had to listen to a whole bunch of excuses and when he’d finished his beer he asked if I had any. Thankfully, I didn’t. He abruptly turned around and left. Lil was almost totally passed out with my kids asking what was wrong with Auntie Lil. By then it was time for them to get bathed and ready for bed. As Elle was leaving with them I gave her damp bottom a gentle swat.

That left me alone with Lil. Actually, she was sort of cute. I tried to talk with her but there was no use. I’d get a few mumbles and then her jaw would go slack. In one way I was hoping that Andy wouldn’t come back and yet I wanted him to come back and collect her. I finally left her and walked over to an open window at Andy’s place and called for him. I didn’t get a response and wondered where their kids were. There were no lights on but it was still light out so went back to where I’d left Lil. I found her lying on the ground and crying. Again, I tried to talk with her but to no avail. My guess is that she probably weighed between 125 and 130 pounds. I gave a quick thought to trying to pick her up and to carry her home but the memory of my previous back problems jumped to the forefront. I did untangle her legs which had folded up under her as she fell. In doing it I got a pretty fair look up the leg openings of her shorts. It appeared that she was wearing plain white cotton panties. While I was doing that I heard Elle call me from inside asking if everything was OK. I told her about Lil’s condition and she said she’d be out as soon as the kids fell asleep.

Just before Elle arrived Lil woke up. She didn’t know where she was but was able to mumble out that she wanted to go home. I told her to wait for a few minutes but she tried to get up. Not wanting her to hurt herself I tried to help her up and was able to get her standing... for a few seconds. I remember wishing that Elle would hurry up. When she started to fall I guided her into the chair that was right there. She continued to babble but I couldn’t make out what she was saying. It was about then that Elle finally appeared. We got her up and with Elle on one side and me on the other we started walking her home. It took quite a while but when we got her to the door it was locked. I, again, called for Andy but, as before, there was no answer. Both his trucks were parked out front so I didn’t know what to do. All the way Lil had continued to mumble but neither of us could figure out what she was trying to say. There was a lawn chair right there so we decided to sit her down. Elle and I were both pretty tired from half dragging her home. I was ready for both of us to just leave her there like that but Elle would have none of it and said she would stay. I remember being upset with her, telling her that Lil would be OK, as I headed for home.

Walking home I remembered thinking about my first thoughts when I found out that Lil and Andy would be our neighbors. Up to then it had been OK but I was a bit upset about what had just happened. It had been a pretty good day up to when they showed up. I was almost in the door when I remembered the panties I’d retrieved from my boat and doubled back to get them. With Elle next door I had a perfect chance to inspect them.

To be continued...

No comments: