Friday, February 10, 2012

SUMMER... Looking to the future (Part 85f)

The end result was that he did get his boat and he did leave. I think three of the group that was going to leave changed their minds and stayed to race. When we were launching boats off the beach Cat still hadn’t showed up. I didn’t blame her but, on the other hand, the AH was gone and almost everybody there had backed her up by signing the petition that had been taken into the protest committee. I jumped in my car and made a screaming trip to where she was staying as it was less than a mile away. She definitely wasn’t expecting anybody as she was still in her nightgown and drinking coffee at a picnic table in the yard. I couldn't help but notice the clothes that were hanging on the line strung across the yard. Among them was a pair of pink panties. Interesting, but I didn't dwell on them. I jumped out of the car screaming at her to get her sailing stuff and to hurry. After a little more dialog she called her son and husband and told them they were going to race. I drove back to the club like a madman and saw that many of the boats were in the water. I grabbed a lifting bar and corralled two guys to put Cat’s boat in the water. Just about then I saw her car pulling in. As she ran down to the water’s edge with her sails in her arms I saw that she was wearing the tight white shorts that had caught my eye the first time I’d seen them. However, there was no time for that. As Elle and I pulled our sails up I was able to remind her that everybody was behind her and not to worry about the sail numbers. As Elle and I sailed off I caught a glimpse of a smile.

Cat and I ended up being late for the start but caught a tremendous break when the wind shifted. The officials running the race abandoned it and called for starting over. I’ve got a good memory for races where I’ve done well but it’s kind of shaky when I screw up and I did on the restart. I was over the start line early which meant I had to go back and start again. It put me in a position to observe the race without being in the way.

As an observer there were three things that stood out to me. One of my club mates, Doug, had jumped out to a big lead and if he held it he would be the overall winner. The second thing was that the kid who had bought (I should say that his father bought) Rex’s boat was right up there in the front. I was rooting for him as he was a really nice kid, still in High School and this was his first season as a skipper. The third was that Cat was up there as well.

My father had taught me to finish what I started and I did... dead last! By being last it meant I was also last to get to shore and by the time I did a lot of the boats were already out of the water and up on their trailers. I was, supposedly, in charge of that detail and hadn’t helped at all. I left Elle to hold the boat while I made an attempt to be helpful. As I did I saw Cat’s boat was out of the water but I didn’t see her. Not being competitive in the race gave me time to think about the fact that she had worn the tight shorts that really showed a nice VPL on her. I couldn’t wait to see what they looked like when wet.

After getting the visiting boats up the beach and into the parking lot it was time for the awards presentation. I was able to find out that the kid, JR, had ended up finishing second, a tremendous accomplishment. As I’d mentioned the event was sanctioned by the Class. Henry was the representative and was up on the porch to hand the perpetual trophy to the winner, Doug, a club mate. Because there had been 30 boats registered there were five prizes to be handed out. As for club members, other than Doug only Frank got a trophy as the visitors dominated. Frank had received the 5th place trophy but after accepting it he called for Cat to come up onto the porch. We were all standing on the lower steps to the porch or on the beach and as Cat made her way up the steps I got what I’d been hoping for... a fantastic VPL. Dry, the shorts showed a very nice one but wet... it was unbelievable. When she reached the top and turned around I got a second view complete with a small camel toe. The double material of the crotch of her panties just stood out under the wet material of her shorts. I had my hands covering my groin area hoping that no one noticed. It was unbelievable!

Frank had called her up to present her with his trophy. It had been calculated that if not for the protests Cat would have ended up 5th and Frank wanted her to have the trophy. She was embarrassed but wouldn’t take it. She ended up thanking everybody for the support they’d given her. I couldn’t help thinking that with all the trouble at least the event ended on a high note.

That is except for the fact that the club house needed to be cleaned up. Both the men and ladies rest rooms were a total mess. The floors and counters were wet and sand was everywhere. It was so bad that Elle, even as wet and cold as she was didn’t think about changing her clothes choosing to wait to do it when we picked up the kids. The clean up was the responsibility of the club manager, Rex... and me, his assistant. The two of us were dog tired and after looking at the situation decided we’d tackle it the next day. I wasn’t working and Rex said he needed a day off so, on that Elle and I took off.

Back at my parents I had to put all the sailing gear away in their garage while Elle went over to her parents to get cleaned up and to get the kids stuff organized. I was surprised to see my mother headed over to the garage, something she rarely did. She told me that Henry and Liz had left a small bag when they left and she’d found it while making up the beds that they'd slept in. She asked if I’d mail it to them. Initially, the request annoyed me as she had far more free time than I did. She told me that she’d dropped it onto the seat of my car.. I remember telling myself to keep my mouth closed. After all, they had hosted Henry and Liz on short notice.

I was still grousing to myself when I got in the car and just put the bag on the floor. It was about 5pm and I was not only tired but also very hungry. Walking into the kitchen Elle’s mother told me that dinner would be served in about ten minutes... the best news I’d heard all day. She’d figured that we’d be too tired to take the time to fix a decent meal so she did it for us. I seldom had a problem with her and this was an example of why.

To be continued...

2 comments:

badside said...

Picturing Cat's camel toe and VPL, sounds great!

Pantymaven said...

It was one of those things that could've been memorialized if they camera phones back then... :-)