Thursday, February 16, 2012

SUMMER... the next phase (Part 86c)

Having JR’s father there certainly helped with the clean up. I was anxious to get home so wasn’t too pleased when JR’s father wanted to talk with me. He was the president of a local bank and told me he was working to do something to help the club improve the facilities and he wanted to know my thoughts. I couldn’t just walk away so spent some time with him. He ended up asking my educational background as JR was going to be looking at colleges in the Fall. I tried to be as cordial as I could but really wanted to go. We were standing on the porch and I got to watch the sailing lesson that was in progress. It certainly was different from when I was a “student”. It was more like “fun and games“ that lessons on how to sail. One major change was that they no longer used full sized boats but were using a new type that looked like a surf board with a sail. I took the opportunity to observe them in use and to get a close look at Bobbie. She didn't look like a 16 year old as she was quite well developed.

I was almost to my car when I remembered the panties I’d stuffed under the garbage pail out behind the clubhouse. By then the morning ”lessons“ were over and all the kids were back to running around much as they had when they arrived. I debated about weather it was worth it to try and retrieve them. But, a pair of panties was a pair of panties so I headed back to the building. On my way I ran into Bobbie and, on the spur of the moment, introduced myself, telling her that at one time I’d been friends with her mother and grandmother. For some reason that seemed to inspire her and she became very friendly. It was nice but I really wanted to get home for the expected phone call. Even though I felt good about the results of the exam, I wanted confirmation, so excused myself. I retrieved the panties and, feeling very self conscious, made my way back to the car stuffing them under the front seat.(X)

My thoughts while driving home were mixed between the expected telephone call from Mrs K at the Civil Service office and Bobbi. Arriving home, there had been no call. However, Elle couldn’t wait to tell me about the ”excitement“ that had taken place after I left. The mobile home right across the street that housed the ”mystery woman“ was actually owned by her parents. They bought it with the idea of having a ”retreat“ from the city on Summer weekends. When their daughter got the job of opening a new type store she moved in. After meeting her I had high hopes of having numerous panty views from her wash line but they had proved to be few and far between. Being Summer, her parents would spend the weekend and the lady had some sort of medical difficulty. The police and ambulance had come and taken the lady away. Since they all kept pretty much to themselves none of our neighbors knew what had actually happened. And... when out watching the goings on Elle saw Lil, our next door neighbor, and she had dyed her hair blonde. Neither of these things were all that exciting to me especially since I was now getting more concerned about the lack of the call.

It was a long, long afternoon and I struggled to keep occupied. I ended up watering the vegetable garden that we shared with our neighbor. Since Andy had left Lil had shown little interest in maintaining it and, with Elle and I being away for the weekend, there were quite a few things that were ripe and needed to be picked. After finishing and letting Elle take what she wanted i figured the neighborly thing to do was to offer the rest to Lil. Now I’m not going to say that her hair color change didn’t intrigue me just a wee bit. To me, Lil had always been cute and her reddish hair was definitely different. Seeing her as a blonde was truly a bit of a shock. We chatted briefly and before I left she asked if I knew why she was having trouble closing the closet doors and drawers in her bedroom. I knew immediately what the problem was as I’d experienced the same trouble.

When this section was created, Andy, Lil’s husband, had bulldozed down the scrub oak trees that had been there and then leveled the whole resulting area. The soil was mostly sand and, because the pads were created almost immediately, the ground (sand) never really had a chance to settle before the units were put in place. As the ground settled the cement block used to stabilize the mobile homes did too, thus making certain parts of the unit out of level. For my unit I had borrowed one of the bottle jacks that were used to make them level at installation and then re-shimmed the blocks that need it.

I told Lil that I could fix it but didn’t tell her when I’d do it. The ”call“ was now foremost on my mind. It finally came right before 5pm. Mrs K apologized by saying that Monday’s were always hectic. At that point I didn’t really care why it was late and all I wanted to know was when I could start. I was ready right then and there. There was a lull in the conversation and when she returned she told me to come the following Monday. I know I sounded overanxious but I asked if I could come in for an hour before then to get to meet the people I’d be working with. She wasn’t expecting that and, after hesitating, told me that Thursday after lunch would be OK. My day had been made!

To be continued...

No comments: