Saturday, February 25, 2012

SUMMER... The next phase (Part 86g)

I was totally unprepared when she asked if I liked what I’d seen earlier. If someone was there to take a picture of my face at that moment it had to have been a KODAK moment. I didn’t know what to do... or say... so after closing my mouth I just stood there. I’m not sure what she said next but I interpreted it to mean that she’d seen my bulge. I don’t think I could’ve been more embarrassed. I enjoyed the panty peeks I’d had of her but never once did my thoughts go beyond that. I could see my kids out in the yard and knew this wasn’t a good thing. I finally started for the door and just about the time I reached it she said that she’d come up with something. I don’t think I even acknowledged her. I remember walking up to my door and really not believing what had just happened. I also knew I certainly wasn’t going to mention it to Elle.

I was covered with dust as I walked inside. Elle ordered me back out telling me to strip out on the patio. As I was doing it she told me that Jay had called. I’d not seen him since my day of infamy but I had chatted with him a few times. I hadn’t gotten much out of him as he was always reticent to share his thoughts. He knew I was coming to the County Center and asked if I’d like to eat lunch with him. I was still a bit ”spooked“ about Mrs K’s words during my interview in telling me to steer clear of the DP department. I suggested that we meet at the delicatessen at the 5 corners and then go out to the lake.

The shower felt good and, after almost two weeks without a tie, it felt funny walking out to the car dressed for work. At the lake Jay was more talkative than I’d expected. Long story short... Leo had made things very difficult for everybody, dropping in a couple of times a day. When i asked about a replacement for me he shrugged saying that Leo was handling everything. All he knew was that whoever it was would be there as a temp as Civil Service hadn’t created an exam and there was no list to draw from. I told him that I’d repaired the race car and was going to race on Saturday night. That brought a smile to his face and he said he’d be there and would bring Jo along as well.

As I walked into the Civil Service office I was greeted by a sweet faced young lady... but it wasn’t her face that got my attention. I know I embarrassed her... but I couldn’t take my eyes off her breasts. Looking down at her, seated at a desk, I saw there two protrusions seeming to be resting on the desk. They were huge! When I finally was able to speak I told her I was to meet with Mrs K. She then told me that Mrs k had been called out of the office. I know my eyes kept darting between her mouth and chest as she spoke. She asked my name and when I gave it she said to follow her. Seeing her in profile was breathtaking... but there was more. She was wearing a tight, sheath like skirt and her butt was almost as impressive. Wearing high heels, she took these little tiny steps which made her ass seem to bounce. We didn’t have far to go... thank goodness. She led me to a desk right behind her partition and pointed to a fairly young man sitting at a desk. She didn’t say anything as the guy stood up and thrust out his hand and said ”Wilson“s the name”. I still remember it because I thought he’d crush my hand. Then I saw him glance at the girl who had turned and was walking away. He rolled his eyes and then said “Amazing!”. I was tempted to turn and take another look but I didn’t.

Wilson was his last name but told me that it was everybody called him. He knew a little about mea dn said that he was looking forward to my being a part of the office. His title was Principal Personnel Technician and he promptly introduced me to the guy at the next desk, calling him Marty, a Senior Personnel Technician. Next was a negro (remember, this is 1963) and I recognized him having seen him walk past the DP office. He was the only negro that I’d seen wearing a suit in the almost two years that I’d been working at the County Center. His name was Robby and Wilson sort of teased him by calling him a “short timer”. I asked and was told that he was headed for graduate school in September. Next was a “bear“ of a man, easily 250 pounds, introduced as Sonny. The next desk was empty and I was told that it would be mine. After that was a somewhat familiar face in the person of Vi, the older woman who had audited the DP office and whom I’d given a hard time to. With the exception of Vi, the guys ranged in age from mid 20’s to mid 30’s with Wilson being the oldest. He didn’t waste any time with any of them and led me to the open space work area. I asked why there was so much unused space and he laughed, telling me that just two years prior there were people on top of people.

I was vaguely aware of the ”scandal“ where the Civil Service department had been selling positions. Wilson told me that he and the man who had held Mrs K’s position had been brought in from the mid West to clean the situation up. However, the investigation included Federal authorities as well as State and he said the place was a ”zoo”. The County Center was about to open and this area was the only space big enough to handle all the people. Wilson then pointed to three older women and said they were the only hold overs from the days of the trouble. He went on to show me the storage area that held all exam materials and I noticed that there were two padlocks on the door. Wilson smiled as he explained. One of the things that had been going on was that staff members were stealing exams and then selling them. At the present time one key was held by Mrs K and he had the other. It was easy to see that they weren’t about to have a repeat.

All of this took about fifteen minutes. Wilson apologized as he led me back to what would be my desk. He, again, welcomed me and then told me that there would be material on my desk Monday morning. He wanted me to start working on a new exam for “Dog Catcher”. I know I laughed because everything I knew about a dog could’ve been written on one of my fingernails. He patted me on the shoulder and told me that I’d be fine and said he'd see me on Monday. I guess you could say I was disappointed even though I’m not sure I had any expectations .

To be continued...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear more about Lil and the new girl at work.

-Badside

oldblue said...

I think Lil was impressed by something other than your leveling skills. She is a little to close for comfort to pay in the currency she has in mind.

Pantymaven said...

OB... you hit the nail on the head!