Sunday, February 19, 2012

SUMMER... The next phase (Part 86d)

With the pressure of the call off my mind I tried to refocus on Elle. She, of course, was very excited and relieved. I immediately wanted a ”reward” and she delivered. Because the kids were awaiting their supper I didn’t get to go very far with it but I was happy. If there was one really good thing about Elle being pregnant it was that there were no more “time outs” for her period. When Elle turned to fixing supper it came to me that I still had the bloody panties I’d found at the sailing club under the seat of my car. With Elle occupied it was a good time to retrieve and wash them out. More than anything else I wanted to know who made them. Because of the circumstances of their discovery I had no idea of anything but their color.

I’d learned from Elle that if you put bloody panties in water before the blood gets a chance to dry it will come out. These panties had been wet maybe even before they became bloody and had never had a chance to dry out. As I spread them out on the grass behind the unit and sprayed water on them I was pleased to see the pinkness disappear. It was like opening a present as I picked them up and looked at the label... Sears.

I’d been through the lingerie section of Sears catalogs but had never purchased any panties. I'd seen many different styles but I don’t think I realized that they all carried the Sears label. Montgomery Ward had a name for theirs... Carol Brent, and somehow I’d assumed that Sears had done the same. I turned the label over and saw a number 6 printed on it. As I stared at them I was remembering the Evette panties that I’d found at the sailing club earlier in the Summer and these didn’t look as big even though they were listed a size larger. It was confusing. After wringing out as much water as I could I put them in the trunk of my car figuring that they would dry fairly quickly there and then I could put them with my “stash” over in the carriage house at my grandfather’s house.

With it now confirmed that I had a new job I set out to let everybody know. Elle’s and my parents were very surprised as we’d not even hinted that I’d experienced a bit of a “hiccup” as far as my career was concerned. My father suggested that I go over to see my grandfather to tell him. His hearing was failing and my father didn’t think that he’d fully understand if I told him over the phone. I chose Wednesday for the visit. It had been almost a week since I’d last been there and wasn’t really thinking about the nurse who had been staying with him at night. As soon as I pulled in the driveway I was reminded.

There were three clothes lines strung from the two back porches over to the apple tree. One had a bunch of white nurses uniforms hanging from it. Another had a mix of shorts, tops and slacks and the third was filled with bras, panties and slips. By the time I got to the steps I was almost drooling. I did have to be careful though because even though her car wasn’t there I didn’t know where the man the worked for my grandfather was. I remember hesitating before going inside and noting one panty the stood out. It was the only non white on the line and it would definitely qualify as a “fancy panty”. It had a lace treatment around the leg openings and some kind of insert just above them on the front. All the white ones appeared to be plain. As I walked into the living room I saw the door to the room that the girl slept in open. I really wanted to grab a peek into the dresser drawers but my grandfather was right there. It was a case of being so close and yet so far away.

After telling my grandfather about my change of jobs I needed to put the panties that I’d found at the sailing club in with my “stash”. I’d hidden it upstairs in my grandfather’s carriage house (garage) right after moving back. When I went upstairs I was shocked to see there was a bed, dresser and a soft chair in the room. I’d never seen furniture in there although I knew that's where the man who worked for my grandparents had lived before he got married. Seeing the furniture pretty much indicated that someone was going to be living there and that, for me, was not a good thing. This room was over the original part of the building and when it was added on to the new part was only one story. However, the “attic” part of the addition was abutted to the original structure and a half door was put in the wall of the room to get access to it. That’s where I hid my “stash”. If someone was going to be living there I would no longer have access. Hmmmm... a mini panic.

It had been the perfect place to hide my ever growing collection of panties and it looked like I’d have to find a new place. There was always my parents garage but that was about 10 miles away and not very convenient. I headed back up to the house to ask what was going on. The man who worked for my grandfather had returned from running an errand and I asked him. Jan, the nurse, had a sister and she was going to be moving in. In the big picture, I didn’t know if that was good or bad news but for now it gave me a pain. What it did tell me was that I better get my things out of the carriage house and right away.

I really didn’t want to go to my parents right then. However, once I’d removed the panties from the attic I had no place to put them but in the trunk of my car. I had all intentions of racing the car that weekend and that meant the guys who would be helping me would be in and out of the trunk and I surely didn’t want them seeing my “treasures“. Thankfully, my father wasn’t home when I arrived which gave me some latitude as to what to do with them. As I’ve mentioned, my father was quite anal and seldom threw anything away. Boxes were his favorite thing to keep and this was one time I was glad he did. I found a heavy cardboard box that would easily hold the three shoe boxes that held my ”stash“. When I’d moved out my parents boxed up all my stuff and set one section of the garage aside to hold it. With a little rearranging I was able to pretty much hide the new box and, hopefully, escape detection of it.

To be continued...

No comments: