Sunday, February 12, 2012

SUMMER... The next phase (Part 86a)

Monday was the day that Mrs K, the head of the Civil Service department, said she might call me with the results of the test I took for the Personnel Technician position. I really wanted to stay home to get her call but I knew I had to help Rex clean up the clubhouse. My body was feeling the effects of lifting over a dozen 300 pound boats (with two others) both in and out of the water over the previous two days so enthusiasm for the pending work was lacking. We’d agreed to meet at the club around 8am figuring we’d be able to get a head start before the Junior sailing program started and the kids showed up. I think it looked worse than it did the night before. The first thing we had to do was to sweep the sand off the steps to the porch and then the porch itself. That way the kids wouldn’t be tracking as much sand inside or that’s what we hoped.

The sailing lessons were scheduled to start at 9am but the parents started dropping their kids off around 8:30am. They were like gnats running around willy nilly. Finally Rex yelled at them to stop and most did but as soon as we took our eyes off of them they started in all over again. The instructors, four teenagers who had previously “graduated” from the program, started straggling in just before 9am. The first to arrive was JR, the young lad who had finished second the day before. I’d not had a chance to congratulate him so took a few minutes to do it then. By the time I’d finished two more arrived. I knew the boy as he was the son of a former racer and had sailed as a crew on a few Sunday’s. There was something familiar about the girl but I couldn’t place it. She introduced herself as Bobbi but that didn’t help me. With three of them there they took control of the kids and Rex and I went back to work.

The part I was dreading was the rest rooms. We’d taken a peek at both of them and just shook our heads with the mess, especially the ladies. We decided that we should concentrate on getting rid of the sand first. It was everywhere... the counters, chairs and floor. Just as we were about to begin this middle aged man walked in. It was obvious that Rex knew him as he called out his name. I didn’t see him as I was brushing sand off the counter as the the two of them went out onto the porch. I really wanted to wait for Rex for direstion but decided I could empty the trash bins which were overflowing. The doors to the toilet stalls were open and I saw a covered plastic pail in each. I really didn’t want to touch either knowing what was probably inside them but picked them up and headed for the garbage pails located outside. I dumped the first one and saw a some blue cloth, obviously wet, fall in. Curious, I picked it out and saw that it was a pair of shorts. As it opened up I saw what initially looked like a pair of pink panties fall out. That got my attention and after making sure no one was looking pulled them out as well. It only took a second to discover why they were pink. It was obvious that the owner had her period descend on her unexpectedly. A closer look of the shorts confirmed it. My first reaction was to just drop them back into the trash. However, knowing from experience that as long as the blood didn’t dry the panties were salvageable. I stuffed them under the pail and headed back inside.

Walking across the floor I saw Bobbi, one of the female instructors, leaving the ladies room. It reminded me that we better get both rest rooms cleaned up as they would soon be needed by the participants of the sailing program. At the door I called to make sure no one else was inside. I put the pails back and went back to wiping the sand off the counter. Up in the corner was a small pile of clothes. I took a deep breath and then took a look outside the door to see if Rex or anyone else was around and headed my way. With no one in sight I went right for the clothes. As you already know my target was the panties. They were rolled up in her shorts in a manner that indicated that she’d pulled them both down together. That precluded me getting a real look at them so I concentrated on the label. I felt that I was lucky in that it was attached to the waist elastic. It was a fairly familiar name... Lollipop which, to me , meant cotton. The tag also gave the size as “S” rather than a number. More importantly, there was a name tag sewn in. Reading it I knew why she had seemed somewhat familiar. I was afraid to go any further so tried to return them to the pile as I’d found them. I was in the process when the man who’d been talking with Rex walked in. Talk about a shock!

If he thought there was anything untoward he didn’t show it. It turned out that he was JR’s father. He was there as, what he called it, a chaperone. For insurance purposes the club had to have two adult, bona fide, club members present during sailing lessons in case of an emergency. He was on vacation and at JR’s urging, volunteered. He asked if he could help with the cleaning saying he wasn’t one of those people who could just sit around in the sun all day. It took a minute or two for me to compose myself from the scare but I told him if he was willing to push a broom he’d be welcome. I didn’t know what had happened to Rex so sent JR’s father into the mens room. Once he was gone I took a few deep breaths and got to thinking about why the name in the panties brought back some memories.


To be continued...

2 comments:

badside said...

Sounds like that was a close call, must've given you a jump! Can't wait to hear more about this new girl and who she is and the panties you found in the trash.

Pantymaven said...

Patience, my man. Patience... :-)