Monday, December 16, 2013

GOOD TIMES... Summer (Part 119c)

GOOD TIMES... Summer (Part 119c)

It took a few minutes to track Ali down. Being a holiday, there were a lot of family and friends at the main house where her sister, nieces and nephew were gathered. Elle felt we were interfering but I told her we were there and if she wanted to see the catalogs now was the time to do it. Long story short... Ali had just about put her final order together for Fall and Winter clothes for the store. Ali encouraged Elle to pick out some things and she’d make sure they would be set aside for us with the caveat that we come to the store to pick them up. And, if we did she’d give us 20% off even though they wouldn’t be on sale for the general public. Of course Elle found some nice things and I knew we’d be making a trip up West before school started.

While we were there both of Ali’s nieces, Bobbi and Norma, stopped by. It had been quite a while since I’d seen Norma and was immediately reminded of her troubled past. She was just as pretty as I remembered her but with one addition... a baby boy. Elle's mother had mentioned sometime in the past that she’d gotten married. My personal hope was that her husband was a decent man as she certainly deserved it.

Back at my parents house we found the visitor from next door, Nancy, was there with her new husband. When I’d seen her the previous morning I really didn’t get to see her face all that well because the sun was directly behind her. Now, seeing it clearly, I realized that she wasn’t pretty at all. Even though I’d been there the whole previous day I hadn’t gotten even a glimpse of her or her husband. When I remembered that it had been her first day being married it didn’t take me long to figure out why. Walking from the driveway to the front of the house I’d noticed that there were sheets on their wash line along with some other things but my mind, focused on the pain from my sunburn, hadn’t paid much attention. But, with my mind now working at warp speed, put the two things together. I came up with an excuse to go to the back of the house so I could take a closer look at that line. There were towels and a bed pad and, as far as clothes, it looked like a nightgown and a few panties (although some might’ve been her husband’s briefs). I was smiling as I stared across the fence... they’d only been in the house a day and half and already had to do wash.

Returning to the group, I overheard Nancy ask Elle if it would be possible to get a ride on the Sunfish, saying she’d watched all the people having so much fun the previous day. The usual Southerly had started blowing and, even though Elle knew the rudimentary concepts of sailing, she’d never been out skippering in winds above 5 or 6 miles per hour. I was about to shoot the idea down when Elle piped up that she was willing. One part of me was proud of her for wanting to chance it but the other was concerned because Nancy had casually mentioned she’d never been sailing before. However, with the sails already up, all it took was a little tug to drag the boat off the shore and into the water.

Nancy had been wearing a beach dress over her bathing suit and just as she was about to get on the boat she took it off. I was still up on the lawn, about 25 feet away, and I couldn’t believe how skinny she was. The bathing suit was a two piece but not a bikini. The only place she had any ”meat“ was her hips and bottom and the suit fit pretty well around that area. I’d mentioned that her cheeks were ”hollow“ and so was her chest. It was a bit comical to look at. In any case, she got on board and Elle joined her. I’d told Elle not to get too far off shore just in case there was a problem. They went out about 200 yards and then made an attempt to turn around to come back. That was interesting.

Nancy, with no knowledge of the dynamics or principles of sailing, tried to stop the boom from changing sides which it had to do to allow the boat to change direction. There was enough wind that the resistance that Nancy provided was too much and the boat turned over on it’s side with Nancy now under the sail. I could see Elle but couldn’t see Nancy. I was in a panic as was her husband.  I looked down the beach towards the East and saw a small boat with an outboard. I started running in that direction and just about the time I got there a blonde haired young man did too. He’d seen what I’d seen and was on his way to help By the time we got there Nancy had extracted herself from the sail but was still in distress, coughing violently. Arriving at the scene, the young man jumped overboard and pulled her over to his boat where I grabbed her under her arms. The water was about chest high for him and he told me to pull her up when he called out. He got behind her and gave her bottom a push as I pulled. We managed to get her half way into the boat doing that but she was offering no help at all, still in a panic mode. I yelled at her to grab hold of the seat in the boat and to pull while I tried to lift her legs. She responded but as she did her suit bottom got hung up on something on the edge of the boat. In spite of all the yelling I heard the sound of ripping material as she finally flipped into the boat. By then she was crying, somewhat hysterically, with her eyes closed. I was looking down at her... and her bare navel, with the remnants of her suit now down between her legs. I wasn’t a complete perv and, after a few seconds, reached down to cover as much of her as I could.

The young man turned out to be Norma’s husband. He helped Elle get the Sunfish righted and then put a line on it so we could tow it to shore. By the time we got there Nancy had calmed down somewhat. Her husband greeted her with her beach dress and walked her back to the house they were staying in. As an aside, that was the very last time I saw her or her husband. Later, my mother told me that they packed up and left that night. Elle was shaken but not discouraged about sailing. I was glad that she realized that the accident wasn’t her fault. Speaking of leaving, we packed up the boat and all our things and headed for home very soon thereafter. We'd had enough "fireworks" for the day by then.

To be continued...     
  

No comments: