Sunday, December 01, 2013

MORE ON AND ON ... June (Part 118e)

MORE ON AND ON... June (Part 118e)

We’d been in the house for over six months and the ”to do“ list wasn’t getting any shorter. Soon after we moved in the light on the garage went out. I’d changed the bulb but that didn’t solve the problem. Since there wasn’t a visible wire running from the house to the garage, the line had to be buried in the ground. Over time I’d learned how to do a myriad of things but working with electricity wasn’t one of them. The memory of a ”shocking“ experience at age five made me wary of doing anything more than changing a fuse (yes, they were still in vogue at that time) or a bulb. Fixing the light had been on the list for at least five months and Elle was tired of seeing it be ignored. In a conversation with our neighbor, Kathleen, Elle got the name and address of their electrician and the information was waiting at my place at the dinner table. The address was on the same street as we lived but I knew I’d never seen a sign to advertise the fact. I decided to check the house number on my way to work in the morning.

You cannot imagine my surprise, joy and excitement when the house number I was looking for turned out to be the house with the panties displayed so nicely. I couldn’t believe my luck. Now I had another excuse to stop there. I decided to wait to do it until there were panties on the line and it turned out to be that Friday night. I wasn’t scheduled to work late and actually took off a little early. As I made the turn up the side road (the garage was not on the street with the address but on the little side road that gave me the clear view of the clothesline) I was praying that there would be something of interest for me. On a comparative basis the line wasn’t nearly as productive as I’d hoped as there were only six pair (two of each size). Elle had really been bugging me about it since she’d given me the information so, somewhat reluctantly, I decided to stop in spite of the dearth of panties. There was a red panel truck parked in front of the garage door so I parked there. That meant I had to walk across the back yard and right by the clothes line to get to the back door. No one answered my knock so I turned around and took a good look at the panties. I sort of recognized the waist elastic but couldn’t pin it down. What was noticeable was the width of the crotch. It was wide... very wide. I could see the neighbor’s house so didn’t dare go over to them to inspect for the label. In retrospect, the best part was that I’d have to go back there again.

When I arrived home there was no station wagon, no Elle and no kids... and no note. I changed out of my suit and was just about to put on my yard clothes when I saw Elle pull up in the driveway and get out without the kids. So, in just my boxer shorts, I went downstairs to greet her. No kids almost always meant some ”liberal” wet or at least damp play time... but not this time. She was obviously “frazzled”. The kids had been “atrocious”, all day, starting with them locking Sophie in their playhouse. By mid afternoon she said she wanted to lock them in there. But, when Phyl called and she told her about her day, Phyl told her to “dump the kids” with her mother and come over to her house as she and her husband, Bob, were having a “get together” for some of her new neighbors. Phyl insisted that we come in spite of not living in their development. There was yard work I’d planned on doing but I could tell that Elle really wanted to go so...

The party was really informal, more of a “meet and greet” than anything else. Libations were limited to beer and wine (yes, even back then) with chips and the like. Some people came and went in a matter of minutes. I got to meet some men that I felt would be useful to me at work in the future so was glad that we came.  The sun was setting when we were just about to leave. I’d meant to remind Bob that as a member of the sailing club, especially a new one, he was expected to be at the clubhouse the next day to help get it open and cleaned for the season. As I went over to inform him I left Elle standing in the side yard. When I returned she was talking with Sandy and Johnny. I’d forgotten that they lived next door. I knew Elle was still embarrassed about what had happened on the tennis courts the previous weekend so was curious as to how she was handling the situation. Sandy was always vivacious and bubbly but tonight she was absolutely giddy. It seemed obvious to me that she’d arrived ever so slightly drunk while Johnny appeared to be somewhat sober.

Sandy implored us not to leave and I, seeing her in that state and wearing short shorts (again), wanted to stay. I remember Elle rolling her eyes when I said that we’d stick around for a while. By the time it was fully dark the party was down to around five couples. Sandy was still “wound up” and when Phyl suggested a game of Twister she started bouncing up and down yelling “YES! YES! YES!”. I gathered she’d played before since it was Phyl and Bob’s game and they lived right next door. After Phyl turned on  flood lights for the yard and spread out the mat for the game Elle told me she wanted a flood light for our yard, at least from the house to the garage. More money!

I distinctly remember Elle excusing herself to use the bathroom before we started to play. The two other couples decided they wanted to watch before joining in. The game is hard enough when sober but when you add a little drunkeness in the mix it can get either more difficult or... interesting. There was no doubt that Sandy’s condition made it more interesting. She was constantly laughing and prodding/teasing her husband. I don’t know for sure what he did to her but at one point she jumped and fell over on her side, laughing uncontrollably. He made a few more comments directed at her that only kept her laughing. The rest of us finally stopped playing and started laughing at/with her. Then I noticed something very interesting, at least to me... a dark spot was growing in her crotch.

To be continued...

No comments: